• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyvernboy

Banned
Not interesting or concerning at all. I get arthritis/nerve pain in the right hand and needed a break from typing. As it is, I type a lot with my left.
Does that clarify your confusion ?
You didn't think I was ................

Wyvernboy

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Hey buddy
How is this comment at all relevant in a schoolboy rugby forum? Quite frankly this information is boring and offers absolutely nothing to the conversation, but if it makes you feel better then go for your life. Also if you are a Newington old boy (sounds like you are) there is nothing about GPS schools that is middle class, the school fees are the only example I need.

Kind regards IS
Interesting concept called 'sarcasm'

crazy schoolboy

Peter Burge (5)
Not interesting or concerning at all. I get arthritis/nerve pain in the right hand and needed a break from typing. As it is, I type a lot with my left.
Does that clarify your confusion ?
You didn't think I was ................

Wyvernboy
arthristis and your still talking on a forum about schoolboys woweee....

wyvernboy

Banned
Hi All

Thanks for posting the 16's Presidents teams Joker

Interesting read. Selected by, I assume, people that have watched, coached and played rugby ( they don't get it right all the time however better creds than the people on this forum ) the team spreads are :

16'A team : S 7, N 5, E 5, J 3, K 2, I 1
16'B team : N 6, K 6, J 5, S 3 E 1, I 1

Please corect me if these figures are wrong.

Now, not to get too stupid with stuff, I will assume being selected in the A team is twice as good as in the B team. Adding the figures

S 17, N 16, E 11, J 11, K 10, I 3

New have 11 players selected, S 10, J 8, K 8, E 6, I 2

As Stephenmoorebeers stated, he'll put his house on the Scots v New 16's game next time around. After these selections suggest, he must have a few to give away.

Let the excuses/debate begin

Wyvernboy

B&W

Frank Row (1)
Interesting stats re Shore. They are penultimate on the 1st XV tally but converse on the 2nd XV tally. Why didn’t they just move some of their 2nds players up? Why would there be such a gap in their 1sts and 2nds performance?
I actually once asked Neville Emery (sports master Shore for decades) why shore goes so well in the 2nds and not in the firsts in the year I attended. . . He told me that's it's always been the way. The gap between shore first and seconds is not as great as between other schools firsts and seconds. . .

O

Old High Boy

The gap between shore first and seconds is not as great as between other schools firsts and seconds. . .

Interesting post B&W about Shore - your thoughts on the gap between Joeys 1st and 2nd?

Maybe Joker can give us his opinion on this as well, as he has more Joeys rugby insight than most here

O

Old High Boy

Old High Boy. Yes he is a very good player. Moves well, has the skills and punches well above his weight. plays 15 generally. Has a very famous rugby surname.

Having just looked at the GPS Presidents XV team, I see what you mean re: pedigree..

wyvernboy

Banned
DragonMan

F.Barnett played in Scots 2nds on the weekend. He played quite well. Strong runner of the ball and the contest between the New 13 ( selected in Pres 16As team ) and him was great. Both boys obviously will be around for Opens next year. Again, tough calls need to be made.
I don't know the answer to your next question but I assume it's one or the other.

Wyvernboy

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
P
DragonMan

F.Barnett played in Scots 2nds on the weekend. He played quite well. Strong runner of the ball and the contest between the New 13 ( selected in Pres 16As team ) and him was great. Both boys obviously will be around for Opens next year. Again, tough calls need to be made.
I don't know the answer to your next question but I assume it's one or the other.

Wyvernboy
Please check your DM

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
To fact check everyone, the president teams have been picked by best starting team in pres A then 2nd best starting lineup in pres B, then 3rd best players on pres A bench and 4th in pres B bench to even out the teams.

The pres b starting front row should be the pres A starting front row without a doubt. I think the pres A backline could possibly even be better if Casey was moved onto the wing and watts or lua moved into the centres both dominant in their own right and personally I highly rate them above bartlet.

Overall solid squads picked, think some players were unlucky to miss out on selections in the squads. No doubt will see these players reach a new level when playing against each-other next term playing against boys who took their position in this ‘rep side’.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
DragonMan

Wyvernboy
Correct me if I am wrong but I think Bartlett played in the forwards at the State Champs (back 5 positions), interesting that Scots (and therefore GPS) play him on the wing. What is his best position?

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Interesting post B&W about Shore - your thoughts on the gap between Joeys 1st and 2nd?

Maybe Joker can give us his opinion on this as well, as he has more Joeys rugby insight than most here
I don't think this idea makes much sense, for Shore to have a closer gap between 1st and 2nd XV than other schools you would need to assume they have greater depth than other schools, in recent years that would be a stretch of an assumption to make. Perhaps they just aren't good at picking the best team, perhaps other factors of a political nature come into play, IDK.

Joeys will often have a number of players that are in close competition between 1's and 2's and there are often players in the 2's that would make most other schools 1's. There was a 10 during my time who who played in the 2's who was often refereed to as the best 10 to never play 1's... a mouthful I know but I think the statement was probably true. Many years later he was given a coveted 1's jersey by the player who kept him out.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Scots cannot use GlenGarry, as an excuse for the lost of players. Your school's leadership made a decision back in the 1980s, to have an outdoor educational program. Live with it, or close down GlennGarry.
Again, I'm not complaining about Glengarry, I think it's one of the things that makes Scots a great school, but the 15A's and B's score are not
at all an accurate representation of the year groups actual talent. It's not unseen of for scots
to win every 14s game and then lose most 15's game because half of their age group is gone. Because of Glengarry, The a's become a mix of A's and B's, and the B's become a mix of C's D's and E's (Usually). I'm not complaining or denying that the Newington 15s are good, i'm just telling people why the Scots 15s are usually weak, because some people don't know.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Correct me if I am wrong but I think Bartlett played in the forwards at the State Champs (back 5 positions), interesting that Scots (and therefore GPS) play him on the wing. What is his best position?
I think the reason for this is because in State champs he's with 15 and 16 year olds so he's quite large, but in Opens he's with 17 and 18
year olds so he's typically the size of a back. He's also very fast.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Hi All

Thanks for posting the 16's Presidents teams Joker

Interesting read. Selected by, I assume, people that have watched, coached and played rugby ( they don't get it right all the time however better creds than the people on this forum ) the team spreads are :

16'A team : S 7, N 5, E 5, J 3, K 2, I 1
16'B team : N 6, K 6, J 5, S 3 E 1, I 1

Please corect me if these figures are wrong.

Now, not to get too stupid with stuff, I will assume being selected in the A team is twice as good as in the B team. Adding the figures

S 17, N 16, E 11, J 11, K 10, I 3

New have 11 players selected, S 10, J 8, K 8, E 6, I 2

As Stephenmoorebeers stated, he'll put his house on the Scots v New 16's game next time around. After these selections suggest, he must have a few to give away.

Let the excuses/debate begin

Wyvernboy
Unfortunately leo jaques, one of the best year 10's isn't playing because of an injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.