• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
I missed the Joeys Scots clash at the Death Star last weekend, just catching up properly. I hadn’t realised Ollie Cummins played, they must have got hold of some holy water from Lourdes to fix that broken collar bone. I heard they were shocked that Max Jorgensen wasn’t playing. I would bet that the behind the scenes panic about whether or not they could widen the field quickly was slap stick at its absolute best, oh to be a fly on the wall. Hilarious, Brian Smith really is the caricature of the evil genius who out smarted himself, again. Reminds me of the time he tried to have Hugh Bockenham ruled ineligible because he had broken his thumb a few weeks earlier. Then players went out after Hugh trying to end his participation early, was it 1 or 2 yellow cards later before they realised Hugh is not a player you can intimidate?
Yes, there was some black intel going around last week, mainly about Scots #12. He did seem to have a heavily strapped leg but this did not hinder his ability to kick the ball to Wollongong.

Joeys #15 was always not going to play. He really smashed his shoulder agaisnt Newington with a come from the clouds missile tackle. As soon as he did so he was clutching his shoulder. Other players at Joeys with some injury concerns turned out to be false flags.

And yes, if they had a wider pitch Joeys would have been in trouble. To the credit of the smaller Joeys wingers, they did use the sideline well.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Yes!, Lachie (the ladies man) Clift has been appointed the #10 Jersey against Newington this week after a season ending hamstring to Leo Bassingthwaighte, causing a reshuffling in the backline with Pin moving to #12. Clift is a young superstar who values his rugby and aswell as his looks ... watch out for your daughter!. Hugo Pearce is set to play #14 with Ollie Mackellar at #11 seeing Henry Murray move into the 2nds. Exciting game at Stanmore this weekend and a very Interesting move by Shore approaching the game.
Anyways, Newington by 40+

Go SCOTS, The #10 General
It is lucky that shore has so much depth in it's rugby playing pool. It is also nice that they are all so good looking and muscular, no doubt an extra large number of young north shore fillies will be there to get an eye full.

O

Old High Boy

Lachie Clift, a young prodigy out of Shore is set to debut for the 1st XV this weekend Vs Newington, his brute force and muscle will shock the opponents, look out.....

So says his brother Rupert...
(or maybe its 'Pretzel')

Regardless, its good to see the Shore lads pumping up their stock...

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Yes, there was some black intel going around last week, mainly about Scots #12. He did seem to have a heavily strapped leg but this did not hinder his ability to kick the ball to Wollongong.

Joeys #15 was always not going to play. He really smashed his shoulder agaisnt Newington with a come from the clouds missile tackle. As soon as he did so he was clutching his shoulder. Other players at Joeys with some injury concerns turned out to be false flags.

And yes, if they had a wider pitch Joeys would have been in trouble. To the credit of the smaller Joeys wingers, they did use the sideline well.
I don't think the #12 wears the strapping to support an injury, lets leave it at that.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
It is lucky that shore has so much depth in it's rugby playing pool. It is also nice that they are all so good looking and muscular, no doubt an extra large number of young north shore fillies will be there to get an eye full.
Too good to ignore....I know the Shore boys will enjoy it. They have a sense of humor

f4047ed9f2a9f11da1b4d01ee773844f.jpg

O

Old High Boy

I thought I saw an earlier post stating that Newington will beat Shore by 40+... likely a gee-up, but the score will be much closer this weekend. With good weather forecast for the remainder of this week, Johnson Oval will be harder and more amenable to open play

While Newington did look good last Saturday with ball in hand, they did let Kings back into the match, and over 20+ points were put on them in the second half (I remember the score was 17 - 0 to New at oranges)

New #2 had a good tough game v Kings, but he went down multiple times injured, and will be doubtful to play. Shore will have a chance to jag this one if New take them too easily...

Stevenhutchings

Stan Wickham (3)
Hi Cohort.
Can anyone confirm rumours Fowler signed with the Rebels for 2023 for a train and trial? If so Waratahs continue to lose these young prospects.

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
We are still looking for results.

Many thanks to members who have volunteered to try various social media platforms to help us out.
The AAGPS community has been very helpful with this endeavour.
If you know any of these, please let me know.

We are after

Newington 13A vs Kings School 13A
Newington 13B vs Kings School 13B

Newington 14A vs Kings School 14A
Newington 14B vs Kings School 14B

Newington 15A vs Kings School 14A
Newington 15B vs Kings School 14B

13A Kings lost 50 -5
13B Kings lost 72-0

14A Kings lost 38-12
14B Kings v Knox A was cancelled

15A Kings lost 15-5
15B Kings won 27-16

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Hi Cohort.
Can anyone confirm rumours Fowler signed with the Rebels for 2023 for a train and trial? If so Waratahs continue to lose these young prospects.
Tahs have quite a bit of depth in the play maker positions at the moment with Edmed, Donaldson, Harrison and Bowen in the Academy.

If he can get a chance to keep playing in Aus then go for it. Only caution would be that the Rebels greatest skill is their ability to destroy young talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.