• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Papi

Herbert Moran (7)
Hello everyone, I've recently found out about this forum after watching a couple of schoolboy rugby highlights which sparked my interest in the GPS competition, which I used to be a part of.
But first, a little bit about myself:

I graduated TAS (The Armidale School) in 2011 and played Rugby and Cricket, but let's focus on Rugby for the moment.
I know its only Trials at the moment, but TAS 1st XV has won against Kinross Wolaroi for the first time in 15 years. Final score (12-5).
Here's my source:
https://www.armidaleexpress.com.au/...oken-for-the-armidale-school-against-kinross/

Houn Barret is doing a terrific job at coaching these boys. I firmly believe that TAS actually has potential at winning the 3rd XV AAGPS Comp this year. Some tough competition from Joey's and Scot's will definitively be a challenge for the TAS side.
I don't want to write too much since this is my first post, but I'll definitely keep updating in the future.

Cheers,

B.
Salutations, "Absque Deo Nihil"

Always nice having another member on the forum who isn't from Joeys or Scots. Will be interested to hear your opinions throughout the year.

BP.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Do joeys have a lot of returning players/players coming in from year 10? Didn't know much about them but assume they're quite good. As a scots supporter (If it's not obvious) I would love for them to win but if it's not them I wouldn't mind a Shore win due to how they haven't won in a number
Hello everyone, I've recently found out about this forum after watching a couple of schoolboy rugby highlights which sparked my interest in the GPS competition, which I used to be a part of.
But first, a little bit about myself:

I graduated TAS (The Armidale School) in 2011 and played Rugby and Cricket, but let's focus on Rugby for the moment.
I know its only Trials at the moment, but TAS 1st XV has won against Kinross Wolaroi for the first time in 15 years. Final score (12-5).
Here's my source:
https://www.armidaleexpress.com.au/...oken-for-the-armidale-school-against-kinross/

Houn Barret is doing a terrific job at coaching these boys. I firmly believe that TAS actually has potential at winning the 3rd XV AAGPS Comp this year. Some tough competition from Joey's and Scot's will definitively be a challenge for the TAS side.
I don't want to write too much since this is my first post, but I'll definitely keep updating in the future.

Cheers,

B.
Great to see, hope you like the forum!

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Fixtures out for scots, Barker a's vsing Scots B's in both 13B's and 14B's, same as last week as Barker A's vsed Oakhill B's in 13's and 14's
CB446207-701C-404F-B2DE-21D37E562E2E.jpeg

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Nice.....school motto....

Absque Deo Nihil

My dad was a TAS old boy in 1955.
We still have his honour blazer.
He had 2 years in the 1st XI, 2 years athletics, 1 year 1st XV.
He had his collar bone broken 1954 trying to tackle the great Joeys winger Jim McCann (look him up)

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Why do $cots usually only have a couple of under 15 teams, but plenty more in other grades?
Glengarry. Every year in year 9 half the year go to school and sleep at the scots kangaroo valley campus for 2 terms and mountain bike, camp, surf, hike etc. Half the year goes in term 1 and 2 and the other half goes in term 3 and 4, meaning that scots only have 2-3 rugby teams in U15's every year.

Homer

Ted Fahey (11)
Should be a good day for Scots. Barker got dusted in every single grade against Oakhill except the 1sts and 13Es. Didnt place the ball over the paint in about 10 teams either.
Surprisingly probably favourites to win CAS comp again.

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
Should be a good day for Scots. Barker got dusted in every single grade against Oakhill except the 1sts and 13Es. Didnt place the ball over the paint in about 10 teams either.
Oakhill play Knox in 2 weeks after playing Barker last weekend so should give you a bit of a form guide. Trinity this weekend

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Most players got the honour of playing on SJC 1 over the years. It wasn't unusual to start with the 13Ds or whomever at 9:00am.
I was referring more to the fact that 2 Joeys A teams get a home game even though it is designated as a home game for Kings. I am told that Kings have a few grounds out due to water damage. The home days schedule at Joeys on number 1 has generally been 16B starting at 9am followed by 15A, 16A, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st XV forever.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Barkers lack of depth reflects poorly on the school, when you can only win in 1’s the evidence points directly at the thing that can’t be mentioned and a total lack of interest in developing potential. I am told there is a super star at the school who only found out it is coed the day he went to collect his uniform 2 weeks before he started.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Dunno 'bout forever, I was never in any of the 16B, 15A or 16A teams. Check the college magazines.

Lots of lower teams got a game on #1 over the years.

Last edited:

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Dunno 'bout forever, I was never in any of the 16B, 15A or 16A teams. Check the college magazines.

Lots of lower team got a game on #1 over the years.
My mighty 9th XV played on number 1 in my final GAME. There were 15 opens teams back then and their were six 9ths mixed up in ability. Mind you we were the strongest. We beat Newington and I kicked 7 goals. Good day with the boot.

Plenty of lower grade teams do get a run. The sports master told me once he wants to see every kid have at least one game in their time at Joeys on Number 1. It is just what they do.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)

Lots of lower team got a game on #1 over the years.
Of course the lower grade teams play on 1 but only on away game days. Certainly since the mid 80’s the schedule I described has been in place for home days with the odd exception thrown in.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
This Weekend

Pius v Cranbrook
New v Augustines
Oakhill v Trinity
Shore v Knox
Pats v St Aloys
Kings v Joeys
Scots v Barker
Waverley v Riverview
Stannies v Grammar
St Gregs v Riverview 3rds

Homer

Ted Fahey (11)
This Weekend

Pius v Cranbrook
New v Augustines
Oakhill v Trinity
Shore v Knox
Pats v St Aloys
Kings v Joeys
Scots v Barker
Waverley v Riverview
Stannies v Grammar
St Gregs v Riverview 3rds
We will know how big the Shore resurgence is this week when they play Knox after Knox did Riverview fairly easily. Also how New does against St Augustines, although I have a feeling Augies may have missed a few players last week to SG Ball.

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
We will know how big the Shore resurgence is this week when they play Knox after Knox did Riverview fairly easily. Also how New does against St Augustines, although I have a feeling Augies may have missed a few players last week to SG Ball.
Manly would be the SG Ball team for the St Augustines boys generally and they weren't in the SG Ball Final. Final was Roosters v Penrith.

Status
Not open for further replies.