• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Thinking the same. Do any older forum members know if there has ever been a GPS game with up to 20 000 people spectating before?
Joeys v Kings at Joeys
20,000 crammed into the muster yard.

1659579348492.png

1659579387414.png

Charizardsfire

Frank Row (1)
My my…. I had to catch my breath for a moment when i was spectating John Mahoney’s amazing running game. His legs (beautiful) moved faster than any other i had seen before. He is certainly a future star that is rising through the ranks at Shore. Im hearing he has signed a 3 year deal with the NRL Bulldogs as a centre. Watch out NRL… Mahoney is about!!

RED CARD RICHARD

Bob McCowan (2)
Hi RCR,

Ginga what I have heard will be slotting into the side on the wing with hopes that he will catch those said high balls and run with them, his kicking game is distinctly average however man he can run, shall be quite interesting.

If I were on the Newington side tonight I would be counting my lucky stars this will be intense!!!

RD
Thanks for the insight RD,

I am not as aware of his running ability. From what I've gathered he has really blossomed into a BIG threat on the wing. Newington has star players in their back 3, so if they look for ginga wilson on the wing they might be able to catch the SHORE side out.

RCR

Charizardsfire

Frank Row (1)
Thanks for the insight RD,

I am not as aware of his running ability. From what I've gathered he has really blossomed into a BIG threat on the wing. Newington has star players in their back 3, so if they look for ginga wilson on the wing they might be able to catch the SHORE side out.

RCR
With John Mahoney’s silky, beautiful, blossoming hands on the inside of him…. Anything is possible!!

Charizardsfire

Frank Row (1)
My my…. I had to catch my breath for a moment when i was spectating John Mahoney’s amazing running game. His legs (beautiful) moved faster than any other i had seen before. He is certainly a future star that is rising through the ranks at Shore. Im hearing he has signed a 3 year deal with the NRL Bulldogs as a centre. Watch out NRL… Mahoney is about!!
IM HEARING ITS A DOUBLE DEAL!! Luke Smart rising the ranks at shore and is looking to become the newest addition to the bulldogs kennel — “woof“ ”woof” as Luke(y) would scream!!!!
With John Mahoney’s silky, beautiful, blossoming hands on the inside of him…. Anything is possible!!

The Front Rower

Sydney Middleton (9)
Thinking the same. Do any older forum members know if there has ever been a GPS game with up to 20 000 people spectating before?
Joker could confirm this but by Uncle talks about when Joeys played against Kings might have been in the 1960's and they think they had around 25,000 at HH that day!

Rookie21

Frank Nicholson (4)
John Mahoney. Wow. What. A. Player. This man lives and breathes Shore footy. I really look forward to seeing what the future holds for him!

Charizardsfire

Frank Row (1)
John Mahoney. Wow. What. A. Player. This man lives and breathes Shore footy. I really look forward to seeing what the future holds for him!
100% Rookie. My sources tell me that Shore has created a new chant around Johnathan. This being:

“Go Johno… He’s so fine… He’s fantastic… SO divine… GO JOHNO!!”

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Joker could confirm this but by Uncle talks about when Joeys played against Kings might have been in the 1960's and they think they had around 25,000 at HH that day!

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
If that was the case then most schools would take their games off site. In the AAGPS there is only one, professionally maintained rugby ground. That is Joeys. Kings and Shore have well maintained cricket ovals with an occasional hard centre square. Newington is a rugby only field but does get boggy after repeated play and Scots and Riverview suffer from the worst drainage of all. If your school can build majestic castles to learning then a few dollars to fix a ground would work wonders. In the past, the mud runners of View had an advantage, a slip and slide boys of Bellevue as well as both schools KNEW HOW TO PLAY THEIR GROUND. At Shore, you know which way the wind blows and what end to run first half, Newington has a simliar advantage. Joeys has an even, Cinderella top (not to firm and not too soft) but even still, knowing the sunshine and the southerly helps.

I do heartily agree though with Old Boy reunions. Trying to police at Riverview would be a massive cost.
Come off it lol, we both know it costs farrrrrr more than “few dollars” to keep that joeys field in that world class condition all year round ..spending that kind of money on a school oval Is not a priority for some of the other schools

Gerald Merk

Bob McCowan (2)
Anyone know whose this Douglas-menzies kid is. From what ive read I hear that he's the next big thing, with a play style similar to Latrell Mitchell. Anyone else from Scots have any further information?

Status
Not open for further replies.