• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyScout101

Bob McCowan (2)
Anyone know whose this Douglas-menzies kid is. From what ive read I hear that he's the next big thing, with a play style similar to Latrell Mitchell. Anyone else from Scots have any further information?
Although I don't have strong contacts at Scots I have heard about this player. I believe he is the talk of the town for this weekend looking through the forum. Should be good to see how he trucks it up on Saturday.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
I agree with your point about the Demise of SBHS and I agree that it definitely got pushed down the hill faster by the DET.

I would say it's hard to have a go at a sport high school about not introducing anyone to a new sport. You assume most students have enrolled at the sports high because they are considered talented at a specific sport already. It would be rare to adopt a new activity when you are already identified in another.

If I recall correctly. Will Skelton was suggested to play Rugby whilst at a sports high by the Rugby League coaches.

Rugby Australia should be talent Identifying kids that may suit the sport.

But that is the reality of it though. The kids who go to sports high schools learned their game and continue to have it developed by the sports themselves and the schools contribute little to their development (Westfields the exception).

We can always find exceptions to that (happy to accept Sketlon as one) but they are exceptions and definitely not the rule.

When you also consider that none of them appear in the HSC top 150 ranks, their reason for existence is unknown.

Develop your sport? Nope - the sports themselves do that
Develop your education? Nope - no evidence to support that either

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Come off it lol, we both know it costs farrrrrr more than “few dollars” to keep that joeys field in that world class condition all year round ..spending that kind of money on a school oval Is not a priority for some of the other schools
the capital cost of drainage is a decent number but it is once off and after that it is just the usual maintenance that you spend anyway (and the capital is nothing next to the cost of the third indoor trampoline room or a or a sports science program. The difference is you get a surface that is gold standard no matter what the conditions are.

Chip and Chase

Frank Row (1)
The
2nd XV St Josephs College lineup v Riverview 2ndXV
1. Jack Walkom
2. Callum Wilson
3. Luke Copping
4. Shannon Barret
5. Arthur Greer
6. Will Bensley
7. Robbie Hunt
8. Eamon Seve
9. Jacques O'Neil
10. Ben Playford
11. Miles Minto
12. Matt Babbage
13. Ben Seve
14. Shaquai Mitchell
15. Max Jorgensen (C)

Ins and outs for this weeks clash.
Ins
- Max Jorgensen makes his return from a shoulder injury. His influence will be monumental on the 2ndXV.
- Shaq Mit is back from the Rabbits parhway making his return to schoolboy rugby.
- Matt Babbage is looking to impress this week as he has asked every girl to come watch. Come on Matt!!

Outs
- Seb Eldorubi is required to play 1s this week.
The Return of Jacques O'Neil will be huge for Joeys this week. I believe he spent some time in the Spanish island of Minorca in the Mediterranean during the holidays.

A massive return for Joeys as he looks to turn the Paige and re focus on his rugby to guide the 2nd XV back on track

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Those old enough to recall, Scots once had a smaller, shorter field at the northern of the Main called Kirkland Oval. It was used by younger grades and some of the Prep games.

This oval was pristine at the start of the season but by the end the western end was mud. The field was a disgrace. It had the drainage of a soup bowl. So what did the wise money men at Scots do? They re-turfed the ground every year. They would close it off and lay fresh turf to 80% of the ground. This went on for at least 14 years. Imagine if they just spent the money to put in proper drainage ONCE? A few years ago the College realized how much money was being wasted and turned those funds in to building monuments to themselves rather than fixing an issue. $250k alone was spent on rampant lion mosaics in the main courtyard and prep entrance at Ginahgulla campus.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
the capital cost of drainage is a decent number but it is once off and after that it is just the usual maintenance that you spend anyway (and the capital is nothing next to the cost of the third indoor trampoline room or a or a sports science program. The difference is you get a surface that is gold standard no matter what the conditions are.
far more dedication and money has gone into it than the other fields

Last edited:

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
In the 3rd XV for Shore this weekend we have some standout players like Hugh Crookes and Corey Cone who will be damaging against the Grammar boys. There has also been a bit of change in this team I believe with Jesse Dixon #9 being dropped due to inconsistent passes however Lachie Kennard Clift coming in to play #9.

Shore by 15
Grammar's biggest loss in the competition has been by 9 points; so that will be a surprise result. Their defence has been reasonably strong.

Doublecut

Frank Nicholson (4)
Grammar's biggest loss in the competition has been by 9 points; so that will be a surprise result. Their defence has been reasonably strong.
Agree, I’ve watched some of their games on Cluch and been quite impressed with them this year, I think a couple of the players made GPS teams as well so they’re favourites for mine.

greencardgarry

Frank Row (1)
i am a long term forum reader, but have only just made myself an account! i am so excited for the big game on saturday between pink and blue. keen to here everyone’s thoughts.

GCG

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Those old enough to recall, Scots once had a smaller, shorter field at the northern of the Main called Kirkland Oval. It was used by younger grades and some of the Prep games.

This oval was pristine at the start of the season but by the end the western end was mud. The field was a disgrace. It had the drainage of a soup bowl. So what did the wise money men at Scots do? They re-turfed the ground every year. They would close it off and lay fresh turf to 80% of the ground. This went on for at least 14 years. Imagine if they just spent the money to put in proper drainage ONCE? A few years ago the College realized how much money was being wasted and turned those funds in to building monuments to themselves rather than fixing an issue. $250k alone was spent on rampant lion mosaics in the main courtyard and prep entrance at Ginahgulla campus.
Kirkland is gonna be back as soon as the new building is complete, I played on it in the prep, was usually a good field, what main courtyard are you taking about?

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Kirkland is gonna be back as soon as the new building is complete, I played on it in the prep, was usually a good field, what main courtyard are you taking about?
Walk through the war memorial gates.
Note the rampant lion.
See photo below.
I was there when it was constructed and those in the business office told me the cost.

NOTE- Kirkland Oval looking its usual self at the end of the rugby season. All that money wasted every season

scots.jpg

PhilJackson

Bob McCowan (2)
Big news out of Riverview that Tim Sekel is on the team list for this weekends hit out against joeys at the 8th wonder of the world. Considering he was crutching around school last week unsure if he will actually play but you can leave that up to your imagination.

Rucksdude

Frank Row (1)
Agree, I’ve watched some of their games on Cluch and been quite impressed with them this year, I think a couple of the players made GPS teams as well so they’re favourites for mine.
I too have heard of the Grammer success, however I have been told the team has been struck down with Covid leading to the introduction of many new players, the shore side shall be far too strong in my opinion.

Shore by 14

RD

TheSwindleKicker

Frank Nicholson (4)
Big news out of Riverview that Tim Sekel is on the team list for this weekends hit out against joeys at the 8th wonder of the world. Considering he was crutching around school last week unsure if he will actually play but you can leave that up to your imagination.
heard this, sorry for my earlier post saying he was out for season!

love2lineout

Stan Wickham (3)
I too have heard of the Grammer success, however I have been told the team has been struck down with Covid leading to the introduction of many new players, the shore side shall be far too strong in my opinion.

Shore by 14

RD
Rumors going around the mill, there have been some slight changes in the front row, i too think they will win by that margin.

L2L

Tony_weave531

Allen Oxlade (6)
He has 2 games left wearing a jersey that means so much to him, If he does not play his injury must be ver bad. I think he will tough it out for his team.

Status
Not open for further replies.