• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

love2lineout

Stan Wickham (3)
That is all very cool but I don't see how that has any relevance to Shore 4ths claiming an undefeated season when they beat Joey's 3rds by 1 try. I think if Shore 4s played the undefeated Joeys 4ths the scoreline would be a massacre of the joeys boys and would have been very ugly.
i agree shore 4ths are easily the best in the comp with the new talent including Lachie (Kennard) Clift and Hugh (spud) Crookes and the unbelievable talent from their skipper Douglas-Menzies. they will run a muck at scots this week.

regards L2L

DevilsAdvocate63

Frank Row (1)
i agree shore 4ths are easily the worst in the comp with the new talent including Lachie (Kennard) Clift and Hugh (spud) Crookes and the unbelievable talent from their skipper Douglas-Menzies. they will get flogged at scots this week.

regards L2L
I don't agree I think Shore 4ths are wonderful with their undefeated season they are looking very good this weekend against their opponent's scots. As they have Binuk Werabanana looking to tear up on Scots main.

DA

love2lineout

Stan Wickham (3)
I don't agree I think Shore 4ths are wonderful with their undefeated season they are looking very good this weekend against their opponent's scots. As they have Binuk Werabanana and dropped callum s because of missed tackling but the are looking to tear up on Scots main.

D

the shore boys will destroy the scottish troopers at the death star as the @Joker would say. with the undefeated szn on the horizon cpt menzies will lead the shoremen to victroy.
L2L

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
I’ll blame Barker’s film crew. They must always be on the same side of the field!

I saw the best of Barker without Katoa in the GPS v CAS when they were all fit. Two tries to Barrett from no.1 who absolutely tore their front row apart in the scrums and in general play to the point they they took him off and gave him a blues guernsey with 10 minutes to go. The GPS backs led by Lahey & Jorgensen toyed with them all afternoon. Lahey was incredible, straightening the attack and almost always beating the first defender often 2 or 3.
Barrett is fantastic around the field and he was very strong in this rep game v CAS but he was penalised in the first half of this game at least twice as he struggled with the starting CAS front row. When CAS changed to more mobile front rowers, the scrum had more parity.

Chip and Chase

Frank Row (1)
i agree shore 4ths are easily the best in the comp with the new talent including Lachie (Kennard) Clift and Hugh (spud) Crookes and the unbelievable talent from their skipper Douglas-Menzies. they will run a muck at scots this week.

regards L2L
I still don't think Shore 4ths are anywhere up to the standard of Scots or Joey's 4ths. Joeys 4ths are currently undefeated with a very strong team including many boys who were playing 2nds and 3rds right up untill the end of trials. Shore 4ths only managed a very narrow victory over heavily injured joey 5ths. To say they are the best team in the comp is delusional

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
Give it a rest, Barker were missing many players and still beat Joeys comfortably.
I think this conversation is a bit academic.

Barker won the trial and deserved the win. They are an excellent team.

Joeys have improved, no doubt, but I don't think anyone can say for certainty what the result would be if they played now.

I do note that Joeys have always treated trials as trials. There is a wonderful photo of 45 Joeys rugby players standing on the front steps of the main college building with three captains holding the three GPS rugby trophies. It was 2019. Nowhere on that photo is an asterisk that says "but the 1st XV lost a trial to Knox and the 3rd XV lost a trial to Aloysius 1st XV".

The comp is the comp.

But I reiterate @Cameronsmith1 - well done Barker on an excellent year and an excellent team.

INP

RuckitRory

Stan Wickham (3)
I still don't think Shore 4ths are anywhere up to the standard of Scots or Joey's 4ths. Joeys 4ths are currently undefeated with a very strong team including many boys who were playing 2nds and 3rds right up untill the end of trials. Shore 4ths only managed a very narrow victory over heavily injured joey 5ths. To say they are the best team in the comp is delusional
Shore 4ths have beaten Scots 4ths twice this year all ready. They will be looking to make it a 3peat this weekend I'm sure.

Oldgoldminer

Allen Oxlade (6)
Barrett is fantastic around the field and he was very strong in this rep game v CAS but he was penalised in the first half of this game at least twice as he struggled with the starting CAS front row. When CAS changed to more mobile front rowers, the scrum had more parity.
I think the referee struggled, as most of them do to genuinely understand the dominance he had over his opposition.
He got penalised for having his head on his opposites chest - only got there from dominating the early hit.

In my humble opinion I haven’t seen anyone come near him at any level. Not sure if has come off in any games for Joeys, so almost every week he is up against 2 players.
The rep games have been no different, with him earning MOM for NSW 1’s.
Any of the old props that watch him all share the same opinion, he is something special. He is a tough, no nonsense player that has also grown into a ball player which further adds to his game. There are some tries they have scored this year where his ability to pass under pressure has been amazing for a front rower.

Rewatch any of his games this year and see just how many times the opposition tight head is lifted. For me he is in the top 4 players for consistency and impact across the entire season. Never seen him have a down game and I hope whatever he does in the future it’s with Union.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Tips please
Thanks to my iPhone I am still here to annoy you.

18B3ED2E-A0CC-4D97-AF02-9ABF52028ACA.jpeg

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
Correct, given you have the States best 13 and 15 out wide. Missing the States best No.10 in the first game would make an enormous difference to that result. Joeys by 12 with Joey Fowler playing this time
one thing people forget about that Barker v Joeys trial was that Joeys were trialling a 2ndXV LH prop throwing into lineouts, which meant Joeys couldn't win a lineout to save their lives, including 2 on the 5 metre line that ordinarily would result in meat pies.
There's not much doubt that, with their proper full team playing at their potential, Joeys would not be too troubled in a repeat game.

Chip and Chase

Frank Row (1)
Shore 4ths have beaten Scots 4ths twice this year all ready. They will be looking to make it a 3peat this weekend I'm sure.
This might be the Case by they are yet to line up against the joeys 4ths team. i dont think you can really say you are the best team in the comp if you do not match up against all schools 4ths

Status
Not open for further replies.