• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
TIPPING ROUND 2.

Please message me (preferred) your tips as I am able to have an easily accessible record for them.

Tipping closes at midnight Friday.

Tips will be made public on Saturday 21 May for all to see.

Good luck.

Match of the round? Scots v Kings being played at the Death Star.

Team on the left in each pair is the home team.

View attachment 13517
After conducting mathematical analytics
My tips are:
View, scots shore Knox Waverly

Bob Peters

Frank Nicholson (4)
Morning Tipsters,

The news out of Joeys is that they have made 7 changes this week from the team that played Barker. The starting XV to play Knox is below (although quite a few still at home sick at the moment, so subject to change):

1. Jack Barrett (Yr 12)
2. Atticus Heaven (12)
3. Harry Moxham (12)
4. Eamon Doyle (11)
5. Quinn Dickinson (12)
6. Darcy Fogarty (12)
7. Archie Campbell (12)
8. Harrison Darling (12)
9. Hwi Sharples (11)
10. Ben Playford (11)
11. Oscar Jorgensen (11)
12. Patrick Young (11)
13. Ronan Leahy (12)
14. Miles Minto (12)
15. Max Jorgensen (c) (12)

Some points of interest:
  • No. 12 played in the 7 jersey last week and has been moved to centre to shore up the midfield
  • No.’s 4 and 13 return after both missed the second half against Kings and the Barker game. Their work on both sides of the ball has been missed.
  • A new No. 2 comes up to help solve the lineout issues.
  • There is a new No. 10 and No. 14 coming in for players injured last weekend.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Rudd had nothing to cancel on Ballymore. It was an election promise from Howard, who was defeated. The QRU chairman at the time (who was eventually tapped on the shoulder after $13.5 million in losses) was an arrogant Tory who didn't even bother talking to Labor for a matching promise.
The same chairman tried to stop the new Ballymore redevelopment because it highlighted his incompetence...
Thank you for this.
BUT
This is a rugby forum about schools and not a sounding board for political discourse or a place to slag off at political affiliations.
Let this be the last of this discussion please.

Big Papi

Herbert Moran (7)
Rudd had nothing to cancel on Ballymore. It was an election promise from Howard, who was defeated. The QRU chairman at the time (who was eventually tapped on the shoulder after $13.5 million in losses) was an arrogant Tory who didn't even bother talking to Labor for a matching promise.
The same chairman tried to stop the new Ballymore redevelopment because it highlighted his incompetence...
Play the ball, not the..... political party?

BP

wyvernboy

Banned
Hi Joker

Thanks for the team list. Newington have made a few changes to the backs and added a hard working 7 in the mix. 9 and 10 stay the same. 12,13 and 15 same but wingers have changed. Good signs for confidance and stability. I expect a good game tomorrow against Waverley. Newington will need to improve in some areas but the team is good on paper.

Any team lists for Scots Kings, View, Shore ?

Wyvernboy

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Joeys fixtures

05-21.jpg

Bob Peters

Frank Nicholson (4)
Not me this time. Thank Bob Peters (new) who supplied the team list. Must be very close to the program to get the names.
Surely you jest Joker (no pun intended). I sometimes wonder if you're a selector over at HH.
Thurs night pub talk always gets some Joe folk forthcoming with info.

wyvernboy

Banned
Hi All

Interesting to see most are tipping Waverley in tomorrow's game v Newington. New had a draw v Scots ( it was the 1st trial for both so not a great indication of how both teams will go in the season ) but it was a willing game and from what Scots has done since, New should be fairly happy with the result. New have played Auggies and won convincingly. Auggies were better than the week before by all reports ( Shore beat them 82-0 I think ) but New played well.
With a week rest and not many changes, New will be ready to rumble. Waverley had a very good win against Shore last week yet I believe Shore may have been understrength.

If New win tomorrow ( and I believe they will ), will they get some "love" from the tipsters !?

See you on the bank !!!

Wyvernboy

Cockatoo Run

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hi All

Interesting to see most are tipping Waverley in tomorrow's game v Newington. New had a draw v Scots ( it was the 1st trial for both so not a great indication of how both teams will go in the season ) but it was a willing game and from what Scots has done since, New should be fairly happy with the result. New have played Auggies and won convincingly. Auggies were better than the week before by all reports ( Shore beat them 82-0 I think ) but New played well.
With a week rest and not many changes, New will be ready to rumble. Waverley had a very good win against Shore last week yet I believe Shore may have been understrength.

If New win tomorrow ( and I believe they will ), will they get some "love" from the tipsters !?

See you on the bank !!!

Wyvernboy
Hi Wyvernboy. I watched New v Scots a few weeks ago. Wet ground but Scots driving maul and direct running from the 2 and 12, and good kicking game, provided Scots with a very good lead at half-time and they were dominant. However, in the 2nd half New got on top in the scrums and upset the Scots lineout. Without good possession Scots found it very hard going and New had the best of a draw in the end. If New get their set piece right, they will be hard to contain.

wyvernboy

Banned
Hi Cockatoo Run

Agree with your summation of the Scots game. New did improve their set piece scrum/lineout against Auggies although it was a dry track. Tomorrow will be similar to Scots conditions. After two games, I have been happy with the improvement in New's fitness ( esp forwards ) therefore can see them outlasting Wav tomorrow. As mentioned, if the forwards provide a good platform for 9,10, New's backline have points. My worry is their defense but so far ok.

Wyvernboy

wyvernboy

Banned
Hi All

16A's New v Wav will be a very good game.12 pm Johnson Oval. Wav traditionally have a strong 16's and New beat Scots earlier ( Scots had a few out but still a good win ). Tipping New in a very close one.

Wyvernboy

Cockatoo Run

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hi All

16A's New v Wav will be a very good game.12 pm Johnson Oval. Wav traditionally have a strong 16's and New beat Scots earlier ( Scots had a few out but still a good win ). Tipping New in a very close one.

Wyvernboy
I notice your 16A's fly-half was player of the match in the City-Country U16s league game last week and is with the Roosters. Handy player to have coming through the ranks.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Hi All

Wyvernboy
Hi W, You are spot on this game should be a beauty, we are well aware that the New side is very strong.
I hope it hasn't rained too much at Stanmore! It has rained quite a bit over here.

If New win the 16as I think they will definitely be in the running to win the GPS, along with the obvious Joeys, and by the sound of it, Scots.
FYI, Waves have beaten Kings 17 -0 on a rain soaked QP, defeated View 49-7 and last week beat Shore 46-22.

The other game of interest, where both sides are reported to be very strong, is the 13as.
So far the Waves have beaten Kings 64-5, View 50-0 and Shore 54-0.

Good luck to both schools in all games!

hornsby4life

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hi All

See you on the bank !!!

Wyvernboy
Just to clear up Shore weren't under strengthened, it was the exact same team as when they beat Waverley a few weeks ago. It's such a shame a lot of GPS teams can't cop a loss, poor sportsmanship if you ask me. Waverley played good and Shore didn't turn up. I didn't see Barker making false claims when they lost to Scots, they lost fair and square and responded with a good win against Joeys. C'mon Shore be better

Status
Not open for further replies.