• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Amen....and while we are on "The Rower".

I must say last weekend it was its usual excellent product. Generous steak, two sausages fresh off the hot plate, lots of bacon, an easy over egg with soft centre which is oh so gooey. Some BBQ onion all served on a large super soft, fresh bun with a choice of mustard, tomato, BBQ or hot chilli sauce. PLUS a drink. $13 for the lot.
inside word is that there will be a price hike, possibly even this week.

GPS Observer

Herbert Moran (7)
My Premiership expectation based on results to date...early days but 3 schools in better form at this point.

28% Joeys
25% Shore, Scots
16% Kings
14% Newington, Riverview

I saw the Newington/Scots match and it was a fair result. Both teams showed glimpses of past glories but I felt Scots showed the greater potential to develop.
My latest expectation based on results to date:

25% Scots, Joeys
20% Kings, Shore
16% Newington
14% Riverview

Kings and Newington firming, Joeys and Shore blowing but shaping up as the closest competition in years. Any team not turning up with their "A" game in any week can be beaten.

My latest expectation based on results to date:

25% Scots, Joeys
20% Kings, Shore
16% Newington
14% Riverview

Kings and Newington firming, Joeys and Shore blowing but shaping up as the closest competition in years. Any team not turning up with their "A" game in any week can be beaten.
doesn't look like maths was your strong suit in the HSC, however many years ago that was...

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Anyone know what sort of impact the upcoming federal election will have on the final results?

Apologies if this comes across as brash but it could have something to do with compulsory attendance from students?

BP.
Hello Big Papi

That actually is a good Question. In 2007 the Labor Government under K.Rudd cancelled the construction of building extensions at Ballymore, by withdrawing Federal Funding. That is the most obvious one in my experience. The funding of Rugby development programs, for Papua New Guinea, although its League, is also part of a "Soft Power" approach encouraged by former Tennis great and the last Federal member for Beenlong, John Alexander. John saw it as a means to offset potential Chinese influence in this country and to strengthen, Australian Foreign Power Influence, throughout the Region, which is commonly known as the "Arch of Instability".

The Pacific Islands of Tonga, Fiji and Soma have also been identified as being vulnerable to Chinese influence. But Liberal Party Policy, is still being formulated for these countries. But the funding of Rugby in these countries is part of a Liberal Party push( At least by some members), to have all three nations well within, the Australian sphere of influence. So there is not a repeat of the Solomon Islands Affair. Which has the potential to impact upon Australian National Security.

The funding of sports, within schools is another area of potential development for Rugby. Particularly, as Rugby is a International Sport. So Federal Government Sports funding, could potentially impact upon Rugby, here in Australia and in the Pacific Islands.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Who was in the joeys team
1993.jpg

hornsby4life

Allen Oxlade (6)
TIPPING ROUND 2.

Please message me (preferred) your tips as I am able to have an easily accessible record for them.

Tipping closes at midnight Friday.

Tips will be made public on Saturday 21 May for all to see.

Good luck.

Match of the round? Scots v Kings being played at the Death Star.

Team on the left in each pair is the home team.

View attachment 13517
Riverview, Scots, Shore, Knox, Waverley

tarzan

Bob McCowan (2)
Go checkout NSW WARATAHS instagram page. Waratahs Charlie Gamble and Tom Horton (old boys) did a bit of training with the joeys 1XV this week.

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
Go checkout NSW WARATAHS instagram page. Waratahs Charlie Gamble and Tom Horton (old boys) did a bit of training with the joeys 1XV this week.
Charlie Gamble is not a Joeys Old Boy - he's a kiwi (from Canterbury, I think).

Joeys Old Boys in the 2022 Tahs include Alex Newsome, Jimmy Ramm, Tom Horton, Paddy Ryan, Ned Hanigan, Hugh Bokenham, Triston Reilly (any more I've forgotten?)

tarzan

Bob McCowan (2)
Charlie Gamble is not a Joeys Old Boy - he's a kiwi (from Canterbury, I think).

Joeys Old Boys in the 2022 Tahs include Alex Newsome, Jimmy Ramm, Tom Horton, Paddy Ryan, Ned Hanigan, Hugh Bokenham, Triston Reilly (any more I've forgotten?

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Good see the Tah's helping them out with their wonky lineout after last weekend where they lost too many on their own throw.

tarzan

Bob McCowan (2)
Good see the Tah's helping them out with their wonky lineout after last weekend where they lost too many on their own throw.
Completely agree Joker. I hear that there has being a lineout caller change for this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.