• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The important lesson we learned from our coach Br Angelus was to respect the opposition by playing your best and not carrying on. Joeys lads score tries, couple of handshakes. You rarely see them carrying on like geese. (I'm looking at you Riverview) Mind you the Joeys lads did get carried away when this happened.

imagine being a grown man who has left school and then feels the need to run onto a rugby field when a school that you dont even attend scores a try to win a game... embarrassing

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
What are predictions for 3rd XV and the rest of that comp
Here are my predictions for the opening round of the 3rd XV competition tomorrow. (I posted a comprehensive 3rd XV season preview last week which I won't repost here - I'm sure you can find it!)

3rd XV Round 1 – 28 May

High v Shore
I expect that Shore will be far too strong for High in this opening encounter at Mackay. Shore have opened with some solid trial wins and will be a contender for the shield this year.

Kings v Grammar
A great opening match for the defending premiers against Kings at North Parramatta. Hard to pick, but I think that Kings are looking better on trial form with Grammar having lost a number of opening trial matches. Should be close though.

Riverview v Scots
This should be another close tussle at Lane Cove, but based on early trial form I expect Scots to open their campaign with a win over Riverview. View have shown patchy early form but are normally one of the main chances in this comp. Scots are looking strong.

TAS v Joeys
Match of the round for mine, as Joeys travels to Armidale for the first competition round, just as they did in 2019. It should be quite a spectacle on TAS Backfield which is a fantastic venue. A Cerise & Blue win is on the cards but will not be easy against a very capable TAS side.

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
I’ve just been informed that it will be Knox Grammar Gala Day this Saturday. Not only will it be a big day out but HUGE challenge for the boys from Stanmore.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
imagine being a grown man who has left school and then feels the need to run onto a rugby field when a school that you dont even attend scores a try to win a game... embarrassing
There is a long tradition of old boys making a goose of themselves. I recall the 1993 pitch invasion of when Scots "won" the premiership. The 1996 View team that beat Joeys to win the title....old boys were in fine form that day. Scots beating Kings in 2019 on the bell.

wyvernboy

Banned
Hi Love2 Scrum

Aa a 1st XV player, you want to play and win away against strong opposition especially on their BIG DAY. That's what should motivate you. Newington have a good team. They should back themselves and go in confidant but not arrogant. Respect the opposition, like Joker says, is number one. Keep your head down, do your job and the team will do ok. Should be a good test. Like I said, if it's dry, New may have the edge in the backs if they play smart and keep the ball in hand.

I have other commitments tomorrow so any report on the game would be great. Dusk ?

Wyvernboy

Cockatoo Run

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hi Love2 Scrum

Aa a 1st XV player, you want to play and win away against strong opposition especially on their BIG DAY. That's what should motivate you. Newington have a good team. They should back themselves and go in confidant but not arrogant. Respect the opposition, like Joker says, is number one. Keep your head down, do your job and the team will do ok. Should be a good test. Like I said, if it's dry, New may have the edge in the backs if they play smart and keep the ball in hand.

I have other commitments tomorrow so any report on the game would be great. Dusk ?

Wyvernboy

I’ve just been informed that it will be Knox Grammar Gala Day this Saturday. Not only will it be a big day out but HUGE challenge for the boys from Stanmore.
Knox would want to improve greatly compared to last week. 48-26 flattered them greatly (Knox got 2 intercept tries, and Joeys still left a lot of points out there). Hard to think they will play that badly again this year but its a long way back from that performance.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Hi Love2 Scrum

Wyvernboy
Quite a drive from my end however I may go up there and see some of the game.

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
The Battlers From Belevue Hill will face Goliath tomorrow, word is the rugby program is so broke at Scots the boys have to catch public transport to HH

1653633464228.png

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Thanks Bob. Great preview. If Jack Barrett is ruled out that is a huge loss for Joeys.

Sounds like there are some impressive young players from famous families in the Scots team, will watch with interest.

Getting close to GPS selections, very hard to see any team dominating selections on what we have seen so far, but I guess lots can change in the next couple of weeks.
Jack Barrett is tougher than an old boot, it would take a lot to stop him playing.

TheSwindleKicker

Frank Nicholson (4)
The important lesson we learned from our coach Br Angelus was to respect the opposition by playing your best and not carrying on. Joeys lads score tries, couple of handshakes. You rarely see them carrying on like geese. (I'm looking at you Riverview) Mind you the Joeys lads did get carried away when this happened.

Hi J
i have come realise just how much you love to add that video into the forum. You must really not like those jesuits across the river

Up and In

Allen Oxlade (6)

Thanks, Joker. Great message. Was there a Br Angelus at Joeys in the 80s?

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
G'day Joker, I know that trials kicked off a few weeks ago, but just wondering if it's too late to get amongst the tipping comp.

Cheers.
Sorry. Competition is now closed but still put some tips up here and see how you fare. I have 30 people to chase each week. Maybe in 2023 I will advertise it earlier. This was a last minute idea that has grown very quickly.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Hi J
i have come realise just how much you love to add that video into the forum. You must really not like those jesuits across the river
They are ok, they can take some ribbing as we get it from them too. It is a love/hate relationship. We just love to hate them.

Up and In

Allen Oxlade (6)
I wasn't in the Under 14's in the 1980's
I'm sure, but you spoke about the time when "There was a time in 1981 when we won a certain game with a field goal that ice-cream suddenly appeared... " so assume that you were at Joeys in this era. When you said, "the important lesson we learned from our coach Br Angelus" I am trying to remember a Br Angelus from the same era. I can't recall one...?
I can't remember a Br Angelus from the 70s either? Maybe he assumed another name? Don't mean to be difficult, but can't recall, and I was around at the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.