• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Peters

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hi all, Joeys have again made a few changes this week ready for the rivalry round vs Riverview.

In the forwards, versatile flanker Archie Campbell is out with concussion. Emerging Year 11 second row Eamon Doyle’s knee issues continue and he is also out this week. Both should be available for GPS round 1 vs Shore due to the long weekend break in between.

Star prop Jack Barrett returns to start, alongside Atticis Heaven and Harry Moxham in the front row, after coming off the bench earlier than expected last week.

Darcy Fogerty, outstanding in the back row last week, moves his 6’5” frame into the second row for this week alongside workhorse Quinn Dickinson and provides an ideal lineout target with two of the main jumpers sidelined. Number 7 Robbie Hunt holds his spot after an eye catching performance as a fetcher against Scots, and completes a back row comprising of strong running No. 8 Harry Darling, and blindside flanker Patrick Young who returns to the forwards after two weeks in the 12 jersey.

In the backs, Hwi Sharples returns at 9 after missing last week with flu, and he will be in partnership with key No. 10 Joey Fowler who returns to the side and will look to build on only 30mins of rugby played so far this season after a long lay-off with shoulder surgery followed by concussion. The fast feet of Caleb Murphy moves back up into the 12 jersey to partner the outstanding Ronan Leahy.

Miles Minto maintains his place on the right wing to join arguably the best players on the park for Joeys across the past two weeks in cousins Max and Oscar Jorgensen. This all leaves winger Will Malloy as the only back on the injured list, although he is expected to be available for round 1 as well.

Riverview were very good in their narrow loss to Barker last week and showed that with high levels of fitness, discipline, and excellent ball retention, they will trouble any team on their day. It was only the Barker offloading game that ultimately undid them in the second half last week and they are coming together at the right time after mixed early trial form. This Joeys team are something else when they click, however, they have shown all season they give away a lot of possession and concede a lot of penalties when put under pressure.

As ever, there is no such thing as a ‘trial’ when it comes to this fixture as both schools will come fired up to gain bragging rights from the 13F’s through to 1st XV.

The ‘Battle of the Catholics’ at Hunters Hill should be a beauty.

Cockatoo Run

Allen Oxlade (6)
Thanks for a great preview Bob. Small correction though, it’s The Catholics vs The Jesuits. The only thing these schools have in common is the Pope.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
The ‘Battle of the Catholics’ at Hunters Hill should be a beauty.
The Joeys version of the Lord Prayer

118205330_3906330119383894_4573783350022488743_n.png

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Hello Dusk
Are these matches, home games for Newington or Kings, don't want turn up at the wrong school. Also keep up your great work. As a New supporter, I never seen Newington so well covered on this site.

Regards
B&W
Hi, Thank you for the kind words. Newington will be playing at King's with an interesting but hopeful lineup.

Infamous schoolboy

Stan Wickham (3)
Hi, Thank you for the kind words. Newington will be playing at King's with an interesting but hopeful lineup.
It will be a very interesting game with both teams having plenty to show and still prove themselves as genuine premiership contenders, with kings rolling in with strong momentum I believe it will be difficult for the boys from Stanmore to stop this rolling train. (especially coming off a loss against a below-average Knox side)

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
TIPS CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT
Still waiting on the following.

dingleberry
View2k22prems

Yours in rugby
Loose Carry
Yours in rugby
Scrumed&blump
Rugby League
WLF3

No tips?
You are then given the away team and they must win by +12 to get you the points

Last edited:

TheSwindleKicker

Frank Nicholson (4)
As an ex-4ths player I was wondering whats everyone's tips for the 4ths round games this weekend? I know when I was at school it was a very tough competition that often got more viewers then the 2nds and 3rds game.
My friends son players in Riverview 4ths and they beat barker 2’s by 3 try’s and kept them to nill! I think they will be very strong.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Joeys 4ths results 2022 to date

Won v Joeys 5ths 27-0
Won v Kinross 2nds 20-7
Won v St Aug 2nds 24-15
Won v St Pats 2nds 35-7
Lost v Scots 4ths 10-31 (team was weakened by TAS trip [some had to go as reserves] and flu}

Grimey

Banned
TIPS CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT

Love2scrum
dingleberry
View2k22prems
View2011glory

Yours in rugby
Hornsby for life
Grimey
Loose Carry
Yours in rugby
Scrumed&blump
Rugby League
WLF3

No tips?
You are then given the away team and they must win by +12 to get you the points

Kings (J) 15+
Joeys
Scots

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
......and the annual letter from the Joeys headmaster has been release regarding this weekend game v Riverview.
Those who wish to learn more, read below.

Lets hope the younger old boys behave.
Us older blokes find it hard to to walk let alone run onto the field.
Lets hope we don't see this again.
(If there is a Gold Standard for pitch invasions, this one reigns supreme)

Attachments

• Headmasters Letter - Home Games[70111].pdf
    147.2 KB · Views: 316

view2011glory

Frank Row (1)
Riverview 4ths results

St Greg’s 2nds 25:0 won
Kings 4ths 19:10 won
Augs 2s 19:5 won
Barker 2s 19:0 won

Views 4s looking like the favourites coming in

GPS enthusiast

Frank Row (1)
My son plays in the barker 2s team. I watched them last week against the Riverview 4ths. While Barker are a very good team and did play well the Riverview 4ths were a surprisingly developed team. The inside centre dropped my son (tackled) multiple times and it's likely he will probably play 1s towards the end of this year as he was very good. I hope my sons team don't have to verse a better team then the Riverview 4ths otherwise they will be in big trouble.

hornsby4life

Allen Oxlade (6)
Joeys 4ths results 2022 to date

Won v Joeys 5ths 27-0
Won v Kinross 2nds 20-7
Won v St Aug 2nds 24-15
Won v St Pats 2nds 35-7
Lost v Scots 4ths 10-31 (team was weakened by TAS trip [some had to go as reserves] and flu}
That's a very dominant win Joker

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
TIPS CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT

dingleberry
View2k22prems
Yours in rugby
Loose Carry
Yours in rugby
Scrumed&blump
Rugby League