• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
Dusk please stop trying to take the micky.
As a Year 12 student at Stanmore you should know better. The 9 is the nephew of the Director of Sports for Newington.
I don't believe he is the son of the rugby master. He is however the brother to former Newington firsts player Max Dickens
It's called an honest mistake. What do I gain from lying about that anyway.
Seriously Dusk, every Year 12 at Newington knows who the relationship between the Director of Sports and the 1st XV halfback. Furthermore his brother Max Dickens played 2nds or 3rds but not 1sts.

TheMedow

Banned
Definitely, surprised he wasn’t chosen last year or even year before. I can’t think of another GPS 9 in contention for that spot in GPS 1sts.
Joe Hutton Shore 9. Great athlete, wouldn’t be surprised if he came up in one of the higher teams come selection.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Seriously Dusk, every Year 12 at Newington knows who the relationship between the Director of Sports and the 1st XV halfback. Furthermore his brother Max Dickens played 2nds or 3rds but not 1sts.
You are yet to answer my question about what I gain from lying about that. Likewise, don't lose your shit over a simple mistake.

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Joe Hutton Shore 9. Great athlete, wouldn’t be surprised if he came up in one of the higher teams come selection.
Haven’t heard of him but will keep an eye out. What’s the Scots no9 like? They had a good 9/10 combo last year but don’t know if they are paired again this year.
he was in the GPS white as the reserve number 9 for last year I believe
Sorry I meant in GPS 1sts. New certainly has a good back line (Siteni who I believe is the younger brother of Tyrone Taukomo, the speedster McGegor etc) , hopefully quite a few GPS selections for them.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Anyone have opinions about MOTM's for each team? I think for Scots was either Henry James (10) or Zach fittler (15) in the backs but for the forwards sam berckleman (3) and Harry Davis also played very well. For Shore the number 1 was great.

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
A very frustrating game for Newington but i did feel that they significantly improved from the last couple of losses. The defense definitely needs improvements on the wings. One important thing to note is that Siteni Takuamo, Drew Williams, Jaydon Villiamu, and Oliver Townsend were absent from this game. With key players missing I think Newington put on a solid performance against Kings.
any idea when all 4 will be back?

TheMedow

Banned
Anyone have opinions about MOTM's for each team? I think for Scots was either Henry James (10) or Zach fittler (15) in the backs but for the forwards sam berckleman (3) and Harry Davis also played very well. For Shore the number 1 was great.
What game were u watching? Five-eight for Scot’s had a shocker?? Fittler played well however I heard there’s footage of a heated interaction between a shore old boy and Freddy Fittler, I’ll get the footage and share If deemed appropriate for the forum! Cracking game nevertheless between Scot’s and shore, only 12 points I believe to seperate the two!

Where's the beef

Allen Oxlade (6)
I was at the joeys view game. having watched this side (joeys) for a number of weeks I do not see any other side shaking in their boots. Last years side was one of those. Riverview played more controlled rugby and looked the better for it. Joeys will have to be very wary of this side. Their 15 has gas as does their 12 have acceleration.

I know that the Joeys backline was out of sorts as the 10-12 were different and they should improve from that. Joeys forward pack is very good and they completely destroyed the view scrum. However, They rely a lot on the 1 to get meters around the park. To with the comp, They need to:

(a) Learn to clinically exit their 22.
(b) Shore up the right side defence that both Barker and View found,
(c) show more patience in the backs and stop the floating double cuts, flick passes etc.
(d) probably bring a little more subtlety to the forward play.

Of the GPS teams I have seen Scotts would be my favourite, view second, Joeys, Kings 3rd. Joeys can win it, but they are playing very high risk reward rugby that I think will catch them out sooner or later. View were good and will cause trouble to many sides.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
What game were u watching? Five-eight for Scot’s had a shocker?? Fittler played well however I heard there’s footage of a heated interaction between a shore old boy and Freddy Fittler, I’ll get the footage and share If deemed appropriate for the forum! Cracking game nevertheless between Scot’s and shore, only 12 points I believe to seperate the two!
Scots five eight had a great game in my opinion, kicked great every time and gave great ball.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Oh what a weekend.....nothing makes an old Joe's boys heart sing more but to see the down trodden faces of the Lane Cove Latte sippers.
A good crowd with plenty of old boys to "encourage" the players.

Small rant
Riverview lads are a glorious bunch of insane supporters who are wild and wooly at times. BUT please. Silence during kicks. Every other school maintains silent during conversions, even Scots (maybe not the motor bikes) View were terrible yesterday with their noise aimed at the Joeys kicker who missed several. Contrast that to the Joeys boys silence during the View kicking attempts. It was embarrassing. View, can always do better. Anyone else notice this?

We had no Jokers on the TKS v NC game, one only for Joeys and plenty (by default no less) for Scots.
Top score went to studious fella who scored all three games and his joker. 11 points.
Next round EVERY GAME will have the option for a point spread, so the maximum points you can score is 15!

Finally, I have been asked by some (CAS lads mostly) to include the CAS schools in this AAGPS tipping competition.
The answer is no.
If you want one, make your own.

Joker
Standing his ground since 2010

TIPS- Week 5.jpg

Last edited:
Oh what a weekend.....nothing makes an old Joe's boys heart sing more but to see the down trodden faces of the Lane Cove Latte sippers.
A good crowd with plenty of old boys to "encourage" the players.

Small rant
Riverview lads are a glorious bunch of insane supporters who are wild and wooly at times. BUT please. Silence during kicks. Every other school maintains silent during conversions, even Scots (maybe not the motor bikes) View were terrible yesterday with their noise aimed at the Joeys kicker who missed several. Contrast that to the Joeys boys silence during the View kicking attempts. It was embarrassing. View, can always do better. Anyone else notice this?

We had no Jokers on the TKS v NC game, one only for Joeys and plenty (by default no less) for Scots.
Top score went to studious fella who scored all three games and his joker. 11 points.
Next round EVERY GAME will have the option for a point spread, so the maximum points you can score is 15!

Finally, I have been asked by some (CAS lads mostly) to include the CAS schools in this AAGPS tipping competition.
The answer is no.
If you want one, make your own.

Joker
Standing his ground since 2010

View attachment 13713
J that is not true at all, from the grandstand side of the pitch there was only one kick view boys were making noise during which seemed to only be the younger boys as the older boys seemed to be shushing them. I don’t get the point of over exaggerating something like that. It was also after a try where the boys in blue seemed to be frustrated as the linesman missed a clear knock on leading to a try. Either way great game of rugby. View were the better team for majority of the game as joeys seemed to be relying on a bit of Jorgo magic to get them points but then finished strongly in the end as the boys in pink always do. Upwards and Onwards

TheSwindleKicker

Frank Nicholson (4)
J that is not true at all, from the grandstand side of the pitch there was only one kick view boys were making noise during which seemed to only be the younger boys as the older boys seemed to be shushing them. I don’t get the point of over exaggerating something like that. It was also after a try where the boys in blue seemed to be frustrated as the linesman missed a clear knock on leading to a try. Either way great game of rugby. View were the better team for majority of the game as joeys seemed to be relying on a bit of Jorgo magic to get them points but then finished strongly in the end as the boys in pink always do. Upwards and Onwards
I can second this, the only noise i could hear from them was the older boys telling the younger ones to shut there gob!

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
I was at the Joeys v Riverview game yesterday and the Joeys v Scots game the week before. They were both great games of rugby that really could have gone either way. The competition overall is extremely close and I really believe that any team can win it this year.

While it is not discussed a great deal, the Home & Away factor will become increasingly important this year in a close competition. Joeys has Shore, Scots and Riverview away. Scots at Bellevue Hill in particular is always a difficult proposition for any opponent.

In the 5 competition rounds, Scots, Kings and Newington have 3 home games while Joeys, Riverview and Shore have 3 away games.

Status
Not open for further replies.