• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
I can’t say how many teams Rugby / Football Newington will field this year however last Weekend I was talking one of the Year 12 Dads and he mentioned that at least 10 boys that he was aware of has deflected to either AFL or have left school rugby to play Club Colts rugby.
Hello Love to Scrum

Fielding teams in the open division for Newington, has always been a most difficult task. Not least due to the absence. of a large boarding house.
So if Newington can get 6-7 Teams in the open division, they will be doing well.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Getting excited, I have just seen the Joeys game schedule for Saturday. Looking forward to a packed day of good rugby at The Park, the rowers lot for lunch and hopefully a cold can of beer or 2 with mates at Jack's to finish the day off. Games are against Marist Canberra, St Greg's and Ashgrove in the most part. 1's and A's all Vs Canberra.

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Looking forward to this Saturday at the Park. Have been at Joeys as a parent for 14 years. All three sons will be there as Old Boys. The youngest finished last year. God it was good to pay that last fee account. I will buy the first round at Jacks for them. Small things, special moments. #Walkon2022

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
JOEYS RUGBY- Joeys Old Boys.jpg

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Anyone got mail on who and where everyone else is playing this weekend? Glad to see the season get underway, even if only a terms worth of "trials"

Rudderless

Cyril Towers (30)
Anyone got mail on who and where everyone else is playing this weekend? Glad to see the season get underway, even if only a terms worth of "trials"
Nothing for Kings. They head off on their Cadet Camp to Singleton this Saturday morning thru to next Thursday afternoon.

Last edited:

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Joeys this weekend

Team​
Opposition​
Venue​
Time​
1st XV​
Marist Canberra​
SJC No 1​
3.15pm​
2nd XV​
Ashgrove​
SJC No 1​
2.00pm​
3rd XV​
St Gregory's​
SJC No 1​
1.00pm​
4th XV​
5th XV​
SJC No 1​
9.00am​
5th XV​
4th XV​
SJC No 1​
9.00am​
6th XV​
Marist Canberra 2​
SJC No 2​
1.00pm​
7th XV​
St Gregory's 2​
SJC No 2​
12.00pm​
8th XV​
St Augustine's 3​
SJC No 2​
8.00am​
9th XV​
Marist Canberra 3​
SJC No 4​
12.00pm​
10th XV​
12th XV​
SJC No 4​
8.00am​
11th XV​
St Gregory's 3​
SJC No 2​
11.00am​
12th XV​
10th XV​
SJC No 4​
8.00am​
16A​
Marist Canberra​
SJC No 1​
12.00pm​
16B​
Oakhill A​
SJC No 1​
8.00am​
16C​
St Gregory's A​
SJC No 1​
10.00am​
16D​
St Augustine's B​
College B​
11.00am​
16E​
Marist Canberra B​
SJC No 4​
11.00am​
16F​
St Gregory's B​
SJC No 4​
9.00am​
15A​
Marist Canberra​
SJC No 1​
11.00am​
15B​
St Augustine's B​
SJC No 2​
10.00am​
15C​
Marist Canberra B​
College C​
1.00pm​
15D​
St Gregory's​
SJC No 2​
9.00am​
15E​
St Augustine's C​
College A​
11.00am​
15F​
St Augustine's D​
SJC No 4​
10.00am​
14A​
Marist Canberra​
SJC No 2​
2.00pm​
14B​
St Augustine's B​
College A​
10.00am​
14C​
Marist Canberra B​
College A​
12.00pm​
14D​
St Gregory's​
College A​
9.00am​
14E​
St Augustine's C​
College B​
9.00am​
14F​
Marist Canberra C​
College C​
11.00am​
14G​
St Augustine's D​
College B​
1.00pm​
13A​
Marist Canberra​
College A​
1.00pm​
13B​
St Gregory's A​
College C​
10.00am​
13C​
St Augustine's B​
College C​
12.00pm​
13D​
Marist Canberra B​
College B​
12.00pm​
13E​
St Augustine's C​
College B​
10.00am​
13F​
St Gregory's B​
College C​
9.00am​

Rippa

Peter Burge (5)
Hello Love to Scrum

Fielding teams in the open division for Newington, has always been a most difficult task. Not least due to the absence. of a large boarding house.
So if Newington can get 6-7 Teams in the open division, they will be doing well.
I believe at least 15 boys have given up on Newington senior rugby
I really think things are not well at Newington

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
I believe at least 15 boys have given up on Newington senior rugby
I really think things are not well at Newington
Hello Rippa
You find the 1st and 2nds, should hold together.As many of these players have been together for 2 seasons.It will be the middle and lower open teams that are the hardest hit.

But the issue is travelling after Rugby Training on week days. In my day, if I finished at 5.00pm, I could be on Stanmore railway station by 530 PM. But would have to catch a train to Ashfield. Change at Ashfield for a train to Strathfield. Wait, catch my train to Epping, wait and catch a bus to my home. Rarely, on training day afternoons, did I get inside my home before 7.00PM. When you did get home, you had no energy or interest, to do quality HSC study.

This factor plays heavy on winter sport at Newington. As stated a large boarding house, particularly one, geared to a large Year 11 and 12 intake, would go a long way to resolving this issue.

When I went to University, I made sure I was booked into College accommodation, to avoid any type of travel, irrespective of how short it was. The benefits enable me to obtain a Honours level Post GraduateDegree in my final years. I would not have obtained, such Academic Honours had I travelled as a Schoolboy.

I have spoken to number of fathers, most Old Boys and they are all in full agreement that a Senior Boarding House, would benefit the school in the Academics, Sports and the Performing Arts. The Problem is Money and where to build it. My suggestion is to purchase the Cyprus Club, which is at the top Stanmore Road.But also within walking distance of the Main campus. The College can also, refurnish the Concordia Club as Boarding Facilities. At least a couple Hundred boarders, could be accommodated in these facilities, even with single Rooms.

Last edited:

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
JOEYS UPDATE

Games will be played on SJC No 1, SJC No 2, SJC No 4 and College C.
Other fields are unfortunately closed following the recent significant rainfall events.
Overall, Joeys will host 26 games of rugby today.

hornsby4life

Allen Oxlade (6)
It's so great to see such great depth from Joeys yet again! E.g Their 9ths taking on Marist Canberra's 3s, the school version of Melbourne Storm. Also, next week I hear Joeys 8ths are taking on Moriahs 2s, can someone confirm this? It's great to see their lower depth killing it besides the fact that they haven't won since 2019! Go hard today boys!

Rob hart

Ted Thorn (20)
Scots 7s are on today at Bellevue Hill; Scots 1 has played the Lloyd McDermott Development Quad getting up 54-0 and Illawarra 55-0.......they play the NSW Waratah Development Team in the final later today.

Last edited:

brumbiesrugby

Trevor Allan (34)
14 in again. Just sustained pressure and ball control. Marist cannot get the ball. 17 - 0 to Joeys already. Not looking good for the Royal and Sky Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.