• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShorePrems2k22

Frank Row (1)
Hey mate, don't want to cut your grass here, can we keep the silly business out of this forum, please. On a side note, Barrett (Joey's prince charming) would be one to have his way with the pretty ladies. Thoughts?
Heard Harry Davis (Scots #7) is making a late resurgence push for GPS 1s, heard he's also a ladies man as well.

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
3rd XV Round 3 – 18 June

Shore v Joeys
Two undefeated teams meet in Round 3 and what a game it will be at Northbridge. This really is match of the round and a key clash in deciding the 3rd XV premiership, with Kings the only other undefeated team at this time. Shore are coming off a very close victory over Riverview in Round 2 while Joeys had an easy win over High. Should be an absolute cracker of a game! Joeys by 3.

Kings v Riverview

Kings remain undefeated after two rounds and face Riverview at home after having narrowly defeated them in the trials by a single point at Lane Cove. This will be another great match with absolutely nothing in it, however I am tipping Kings on JS White Oval where they are extremely hard to beat. Kings by 5.

Grammar v TAS

Two of the 1st XV teams battle it out at Rushcutters Bay. Grammar showed that they are still a chance to retain the Col Windon Shield when they defeated Scots last round at home, but TAS are coming off two losses to Joeys and Kings. I think TAS can cause an upset here and claim their first win, but it would not surprise me either way. TAS by 3.

Scots v High
Both teams are yet to win in this competition, but it is hard to see this match going any way other than a Scots victory at Bellevue Hill. Scots lost 0-15 to Grammar last round after a scoreless first half, and High showed some fight in the second half against Joeys but ultimately suffered another big loss. Scots by 40.

Good luck to all players and teams.
Cheers
INP

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Not sure if we should be talking to much about appearance of the boys,
No you shouldn't.

In general, never ever make personal comments on young men who cannot defend themselves here.

ladies-please-play-the-ball-not-the-man.jpg

yoursinrugby

Peter Burge (5)
View attachment 13823

For this and every other round (and rep games) I have decided to add the points spread for every game.
When you make your selection you simply add by how much.

Example-

Scots v Newington. I choose Scots +12
Kings v Riverview. I chose Kings +30
Shore v Joeys. I chose Joeys +15

If you "beat the spread" (by being within 5 points OVER the winning margin) you will receive 5 points. A win is still worth 3, a draw is 1.
So every game you can try and predict the spread. MAXIMUM points you can win on a round is 15!

YOU HAVE UNTIL MIDNIGHT FRIDAY 17 JUNE to get your tips in.
If you don't then it is the away team with a points spread of +12
Hi Joker
Scott’s +10
Riverview +17
Joeys +5
Thank you

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
View attachment 13823

For this and every other round (and rep games) I have decided to add the points spread for every game.
When you make your selection you simply add by how much.

Example-

Scots v Newington. I choose Scots +12
Kings v Riverview. I chose Kings +30
Shore v Joeys. I chose Joeys +15

If you "beat the spread" (by being within 5 points OVER the winning margin) you will receive 5 points. A win is still worth 3, a draw is 1.
So every game you can try and predict the spread. MAXIMUM points you can win on a round is 15!

YOU HAVE UNTIL MIDNIGHT FRIDAY 17 JUNE to get your tips in.
If you don't then it is the away team with a points spread of +12

My tips;

Scots +15
View +7
Joeys +10

Having not watched Kings, New or Shore yet this season I am flying blind this week, tips are based or the analysis of my G&G friends and modified for bias. You will note I have maintained my consistent bias to Joeys predicting a solid win over Shore however i am worried this could be the danger round for Joeys after playing all but 1 trial games at HH and reading various comments about the qualities of the Shore team. I have been able to overcome my dislike of tipping Scots by backing them over Newington (for once head rules over heart) and after watching the Joeys Vs View trial a few weeks back I think it would be foolish for anyone to underestimate View this year.

Last edited:

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
Does anyone know anything about St. Pius 1XV? Any gun players? How’s their season going?
Tarzan
They beat Grammar 12-5 in an early trial which was a good result but then had a loss to Kings 2nds (I think) 46-7.

It appears that they had a narrow loss to St Pats (29-27) in the first round of the ISA last week.

I believe there is an ISA thread for all this exciting stuff and you can check https://www.isa.nsw.edu.au/winter-sports/rugby/

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
They beat Grammar 12-5 in an early trial which was a good result but then had a loss to Kings 2nds (I think) 46-7.

It appears that they had a narrow loss to St Pats (29-27) in the first round of the ISA last week.

I believe there is an ISA thread for all this exciting stuff and you can check https://www.isa.nsw.edu.au/winter-sports/rugby/
BTW Pius 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th are playing Joeys 4th, 8th, 10th and 13th this Saturday as they have a bye in ISA.
I am sure Joker will be reporting these results.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
BTW Pius 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th are playing Joeys 4th, 8th, 10th and 13th this Saturday as they have a bye in ISA.
I am sure Joker will be reporting these results.
As a former coach of the mighty 13th XV at Joeys, I always keep a keen eye on the true entertainers.

Status
Not open for further replies.