• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSexton10

Bob McCowan (2)
Did anyone see Knox 2nds take on Joey's 3rds cracker of a game going down to the wire. One of the Knox boys went down in the first half so positions were changed around most notably Hunter Kennon being moved from fullback to Outside then to Inside mind-blowing for a player to have to play all these positions and still having a great game being one of the best on the field in my opinion. Joey's attacked hard but Knox were valliant in defence and after one of the Knox boys deliberately hit the ball out after a penalty goal that missed that would've won Joeys the game Joey's had the ball on Knox 5 and after one least heroic act of goal line defense Knox saw the game out victorious.

Can't remember the final score but I knew it was under 3 points but cant remember the scoreline if anyone could remind me it would be very appreciated.

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
Did anyone see Knox 2nds take on Joey's 3rds cracker of a game going down to the wire. One of the Knox boys went down in the first half so positions were changed around most notably Hunter Kennon being moved from fullback to Outside then to Inside mind-blowing for a player to have to play all these positions and still having a great game being one of the best on the field in my opinion. Joey's attacked hard but Knox were valliant in defence and after one of the Knox boys deliberately hit the ball out after a penalty goal that missed that would've won Joeys the game Joey's had the ball on Knox 5 and after one least heroic act of goal line defense Knox saw the game out victorious.

Can't remember the final score but I knew it was under 3 points but cant remember the scoreline if anyone could remind me it would be very appreciated.
Knox 2nd XV 14 d Joeys 3rd XV 12

A great match and a really good hit out for Joeys 3rds before they start the GPS 3rd XV competition this Saturday against TAS.

iloverugby

Frank Row (1)
bernard.jpg
this man right here is a very controversial player. but look at that body!! exactly the type of build wanted for backlines.

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)

see my post from Saturday, Dan (below)

Bit of sportsmanship in the Joeys 3rds v Knox 2nds game. Very even tussle played in good spirit, with Knox leading 14-12 when Joeys were awarded a penalty 45m out and in front with time up on the clock. Joeys bizarrely opted for the kick at goal (not the done thing in trials). Kick was close but just wide and the ball bounced and went out over the dead ball line. All players thought that was it, game over, but the ref had his arm out for a penalty to Joeys for Knox knocking/throwing the ball into touch. 5m out right in front, the easiest kick in the world to win the game, but Joeys (I believe sensing the unfairness, or maybe thinking about what the coaches might say) opted for a scrum. Backs fluffed it and it was game over.
Great to see.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Personally coming from a keen rugby coordinator and coach and previous scout, I love to recruit league players to union, especially in the backs. Their toughness in defence is unmatched and their capability to make one on one tackles is what scouts and coaches like me love to see in backs nowadays. Union players are very technical with tackling with can be good whether league players go all in. I disagree with this statement also as I find it quite particularly league players have more mungrel and always have a dig no matter the team. #BRINGBACKTHEBIFF.
respectfully :), I guess you are mixing with the wrong union players. No problem with mongrel at Hunters Hill, 1's - 12's, A's - H's, mongrel has never been a problem.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
He was very good at giving players the confidence to make tackles through correct positioning and technique.
Like you I was fortunate to have learned much from Brother. While he was not coaching me, he did allow me to watch on and make notes on defence technique. This I used to teach my three sons, with my youngest being the best exponent of it with his crunching style, through the waist, out the opponents spine, grip and hold, rip up and drive forward. Land on the body to the sound of groans from a player who had been slammed.

My youngest though had a habit of breaking player ribs due to his willingness to change the angle of the tackle (half step to your left. Place right foot inline with their right foot. Step "on their foot") and drive UNDER the ribs. Nasty if you got it right. In yr 11 he put a Scots lad in hospital with two broken ribs. The spectators swore they could hear the ribs break.

Brother Bede loved nothing more to see his boys use defense as a WEAPON.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Like you I was fortunate to have learned much from Brother. While he was not coaching me, he did allow me to watch on and make notes on defence technique. This I used to teach my three sons, with my youngest being the best exponent of it with his crunching style, through the waist, out the opponents spine, grip and hold, rip up and drive forward. Land on the body to the sound of groans from a player who had been slammed.

My youngest though had a habit of breaking player ribs due to his willingness to change the angle of the tackle (half step to your left. Place right foot inline with their right foot. Step "on their foot") and drive UNDER the ribs. Nasty if you got it right. In yr 11 he put a Scots lad in hospital with two broken ribs. The spectators swore they could hear the ribs break.

Brother Bede loved nothing more to see his boys use defense as a WEAPON.
tackling practice with Br Bede was part physics class, part boxing instruction (the foot work) and total defence master class. All watched over by his faithful pack of chow dogs.

JSexton10

Bob McCowan (2)
see my post from Saturday, Dan (below)

Bit of sportsmanship in the Joeys 3rds v Knox 2nds game. Very even tussle played in good spirit, with Knox leading 14-12 when Joeys were awarded a penalty 45m out and in front with time up on the clock. Joeys bizarrely opted for the kick at goal (not the done thing in trials). Kick was close but just wide and the ball bounced and went out over the dead ball line. All players thought that was it, game over, but the ref had his arm out for a penalty to Joeys for Knox knocking/throwing the ball into touch. 5m out right in front, the easiest kick in the world to win the game, but Joeys (I believe sensing the unfairness, or maybe thinking about what the coaches might say) opted for a scrum. Backs fluffed it and it was game over.
Great to see.

Sorry didn't see that mate thank you for clearing it up. I think Joeys definitely sensed the unfairness but i'm not sure what they were thinking with the kick from 45 their kicker wasn't making anything all day.

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
2022 Schools Rugby Championships venue will be held at Knox Grammar.

As most of you would know this is the same tournament that was held at St Ignatius College Riverview for many years.

I believe the GPS v CAS Representative games will be held at Shore. In the past these games were played at Knox Grammar.

https://schoolsrugby.com.au/category/news/

Joker

Greg Davis (50)

As most of you would know this is the same tournament that was held at St Ignatius College Riverview for many years.

I believe the GPS v CAS Representative games will be held at Shore. In the past these games were played at Knox Grammar.

Thanks
I have added the CAS v GPS games to the tipping

Peabody

Herbert Moran (7)

The GPS vs CAS matches alternate, with each association facilitating matches every two years.

Knox has hosted on behalf of CAS in recent years because this enables night matches. Being held on a weekday, most punters can thus attend after work.

From memory, Joeys has traditionally hosted most matches on behalf of GPS, held of course during daylight hours. Shore has obviously put in a strong case and has the gig for 2022, or maybe it’s just that they rotate GPS venues more than my addled brain can recall.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen the young number 8 from Shore Marshall Lemaitre. He is already playing Harald Mathews for the bears and is only 15. I have only seen him play at state champs for Gordon however his defence is punishing and the strong ball carries he provides is exciting for the young man. If anyone has seen him play in the GPS would love to hear about it.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Well I believe this year 12 group has been mismanaged and genuinely have wasted winning the 2022 tit.
Has anyone seen the young number 8 from Shore Marshall Lemaitre. He is already playing Harald Mathews for the bears and is only 15. I have only seen him play at state champs for Gordon however his defence is punishing and the strong ball carries he provides is exciting for the young man. If anyone has seen him play in the GPS would love to hear about it.
A league player at Shore, Jika would be rolling over in his grave. But the reality is, its now part of 21st century School Boy Rugby. From Brisbane GPS to Sydney GPS, as well as CAS and I presume some ISA Schools. The issue should not be whether they are playing the 15man game. But how do we keep these boys in our game. Rugby Australia, time to get your act together.

Yes he is a superstar. There is also rising stars coming out of the 16As with James Warner and Preston Scott showing some true passion for the sport. This age group is very strong, cannot wait to see this group of boys transition into the opens.

I totally agree. He stood out to me in the game last weekend against Oakhill. He's only a small boy but his skills and physicality show why he should be playing in the firsts. Cannot wait to see more of him in the future and see how he goes this weekend up against Scots and especially how he holds himself against the amazing Finlay Bartlett from TSC.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
The title isn't even near decided, even thought I want scots to win, how can you say that they've wasted the title if it hasn't been decided?

Hello Rippa

Must admit Rippa, I think your call is simply too early. Time will tell, as a New Supporter, this 1st XV is a "work in progress". I am confident they will see better days.

Status
Not open for further replies.