• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Peters

Frank Nicholson (4)
Also I believe Doyle got dropped to seconds so can’t see him making a high gps team (knee issues wouldn’t have helped), so I would definitely have Fogarty in the 4. He is a great lineout jumper and a classic work horse.
Yes, the old boys at the HHH last night certainly rate him highly, but with his ongoing knee issue I don’t think he’s finished a full game this term. Apparently he isn’t available next week at this stage, but if he is passed fit at the end of next week he’ll play seconds to allow a settled team in the 1’s to continue to train together all week without the disruption - which makes a lot of sense. He’s only year 11 so I guess his time will come for higher honours. I agree with Fogarty in the GPS 4 jersey. Archie Campbell is a great player with plenty of heart but over the last 4 games Fogarty has been next level by comparison in all facets.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Yes he has. I think being behind such a good fullback in Dougal Payne doesn't give him a chance in shores 1sts but he's quite the talent!!
well it wouldn't be unprecedented for a boy to get a run in reps from 2's if selectors have seen you him play at least a game in 1's. There was at least 1 year that Joeys had 16 + picked in the 3 x GPS teams for that reason.

TheBatman

Allen Oxlade (6)
I know we're not big on talking about CAS on here but I've creating some power rankings for schoolboy footy before GPS Rd 1, let me know what you think - I'd love any feedback.

1. Joeys (4W-1L?) *Not sure who Joeys played in Trial 1 or if they did play.
2. Knox (4W-2L) -
3. Kings (5W-1L)
4. Barker (5W-1L)
5. Shore (4W-2L)
6. Scots (3W-2L-1D)
7. View (2W-4L)
8. Waverly (3W-2L-1D)
9. Newington (1W-3L-1D)
10. Cranbrook (3W-3L)
11. Aloys (1W-6L)
12. Trinity (0W-6L)
13. Grammar (1W-5L)
14. High (1W-5L)

Explanations to GPS Ranks:

Joeys: There are so many teams that you could put at the number 1 spot; Knox, Shore, Joeys, Barker all could compete for that number 1 spot. The thing that puts Joeys on top of the power rankings is their notable wins - View, Kings, Scots, Knox (with a loss to Barker). They've by far had the hardest draw out of all of these teams and have proved why they're the team to beat. However looked a little incoherent and rattled by View when View scored early, but in typical Joey's fashion they clawed a comeback or in typical Riverview fashion blowing a lead.

Kings: Notable Wins - Scots, View, Newington. Kings have seemed to put their Joeys loss in the past and have since been in top form. Led by some absolutely rapid and toey wingers and big hard ball carrying. Their defence is the best in the GPS so far with the least amount of points conceded - 12.6 Points Conceded / Game. I'd be interested in seeing how their season carries

Shore: Notable Wins - Scots. After years of being outcasted by other GPS schools, they've revived themselves into dark horses of this years season. A strong forward pack (especially the front row) has propelled themselves into a title shot. However, only one game against a GPS school and a loss nonetheless might show for what's to come. Another disappointing season or a season to remember?

Scots: Notable Wins - Barker, Shore. This team is a big team. A big team thats got 1W-2L-1D against GPS teams. However, playing all GPS teams except View could be a huge beneficiary for them. With Cummins (I believe) suspended for the first game of the season, it could play a huge factor in whether Scots win it all

Riverview: Notable Wins - Waverly. No huge wins despite having chances against Joeys and Barker. However, on the contrary, this team is just about to peak at the right time. This season is only 5 games, so a good run of form is all they need. Probably the better side in a loss against Joeys and unlucky to not get calls their way. This team wants to prove a lot - View was unlucky last year with the season called off and casted out as favourites for the wooden spoon this year by some forum posters. Their back line looks electric and could pose some problems for the defence. This is not a team that should be taken lightly.

Newington: Notable Wins - None (Only Augs). Posed as favourites along side Joeys in the early season, there since drop of form has bit quite a shock. Missing Sienteni in multiple games as hurt their confidence. There a special team that just needs to find form, but finding form a week out from Rnd 1 is tough.

This year is so tightly packed and a clear winner is almost impossible to pick. I do believe that we could see co-winners or even tri-winners from this season.

Grimey

Banned
I know we're not big on talking about CAS on here but I've creating some power rankings for schoolboy footy before GPS Rd 1, let me know what you think - I'd love any feedback.

2. Knox (4W-2L) -
3. Kings (5W-1L)
4. Barker (5W-1L)
5. Shore (4W-2L)
6. Scots (3W-2L-1D)
7. View (2W-4L)
8. Waverly (3W-2L-1D)
9. Newington (1W-3L-1D)
10. Cranbrook (3W-3L)
11. Aloys (1W-6L)
12. Trinity (0W-6L)
13. Grammar (1W-5L)
14. High (1W-5L)

Joeys: There are so many teams that you could put at the number 1 spot; Knox, Shore, Joeys, Barker all could compete for that number 1 spot. The thing that puts Joeys on top of the power rankings is their notable wins - View, Kings, Scots, Knox (with a loss to Barker). They've by far had the hardest draw out of all of these teams and have proved why they're the team to beat. However looked a little incoherent and rattled by View when View scored early, but in typical Joey's fashion they clawed a comeback or in typical Riverview fashion blowing a lead.

Kings: Notable Wins - Scots, View, Newington. Kings have seemed to put their Joeys loss in the past and have since been in top form. Led by some absolutely rapid and toey wingers and big hard ball carrying. Their defence is the best in the GPS so far with the least amount of points conceded - 12.6 Points Conceded / Game. I'd be interested in seeing how their season carries

Shore: Notable Wins - Scots. After years of being outcasted by other GPS schools, they've revived themselves into dark horses of this years season. A strong forward pack (especially the front row) has propelled themselves into a title shot. However, only one game against a GPS school and a loss nonetheless might show for what's to come. Another disappointing season or a season to remember?

Scots: Notable Wins - Barker, Shore. This team is a big team. A big team thats got 1W-2L-1D against GPS teams. However, playing all GPS teams except View could be a huge beneficiary for them. With Cummins (I believe) suspended for the first game of the season, it could play a huge factor in whether Scots win it all

Riverview: Notable Wins - Waverly. No huge wins despite having chances against Joeys and Barker. However, on the contrary, this team is just about to peak at the right time. This season is only 5 games, so a good run of form is all they need. Probably the better side in a loss against Joeys and unlucky to not get calls their way. This team wants to prove a lot - View was unlucky last year with the season called off and casted out as favourites for the wooden spoon this year by some forum posters. Their back line looks electric and could pose some problems for the defence. This is not a team that should be taken lightly.

Newington: Notable Wins - None (Only Augs). Posed as favourites along side Joeys in the early season, there since drop of form has bit quite a shock. Missing Sienteni in multiple games as hurt their confidence. There a special team that just needs to find form, but finding form a week out from Rnd 1 is tough.

This year is so tightly packed and a clear winner is almost impossible to pick. I do believe that we could see co-winners or even tri-winners from this season.
How do you put Knox ahead of Kings?

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
well it wouldn't be unprecedented for a boy to get a run in reps from 2's if selectors have seen you him play at least a game in 1's. There was at least 1 year that Joeys had 16 + picked in the 3 x GPS teams for that reason.
That was 1990 when Stephen Jani from the 2nd XV was selected for the AAGPS 3rd XV
From this group came seven Australian Schoolboys, you may recognize some of them.

1990(1).jpg

Cockatoo Run

Allen Oxlade (6)

2. Knox (4W-2L) -
3. Kings (5W-1L)
4. Barker (5W-1L)
5. Shore (4W-2L)
6. Scots (3W-2L-1D)
7. View (2W-4L)
8. Waverly (3W-2L-1D)
9. Newington (1W-3L-1D)

I think, in order:
Barker - Joeys - Kings - Scots - Shore - Knox - Wave - View - New - then daylight...

Will all look different again by 13 August.

Simon Sniffcock

Frank Row (1)

2. Knox (4W-2L) -
3. Kings (5W-1L)
4. Barker (5W-1L)
5. Shore (4W-2L)
6. Scots (3W-2L-1D)
7. View (2W-4L)
8. Waverly (3W-2L-1D)
9. Newington (1W-3L-1D)
10. Cranbrook (3W-3L)
11. Aloys (1W-6L)
12. Trinity (0W-6L)
13. Grammar (1W-5L)
14. High (1W-5L)

Barker pumped Joeys, why are they 4th?

TheMedow

Banned
Payne has the skill, speed and attributes and talent. All he need is to put on size and he will be great. He plays very similar to jorgensen, can’t wait to see the talent on display in round 1 of GPS Shore v Joeys.
What a talent he has been for shore so far this season, linking with Tom klem and Henry Murray in the backline to combine for some seriously skillfull tries. Watching him last year for the shore 1st XV where he played five-eight where I will say he seriously struggled, his move to fullback has given him so much more space to showcase his genuine talent and skills. You’re correct a bit move size on the young fella and I wouldn’t put him too far behind the young Jorgensen.

wyvernboy

Banned
Hi All

Have a good long weekend.

New's season could go really well or really bad. Rd 1 will be the litmus test. If they can beat Scots at Scots ( big IF atm after trial form ) then they can approach the rest of the season with confidance. They need to do 2 things :
1) get the right centre pairing which can defend. 12 Barton 13 Townsend
2) Set piece scrum/line out must be very good. Ok atm but needs to improve.

If this happens and the backs get good ball, they can put points on any team.

Agree with rankings after trial games but ..... New's losses were close and they did have a draw ( although trial 1 ) against their first Rd opponents.

Will be interested to see the team list.

Wyvernboy

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
Hey lads,
Wanted to gain you perspective of the 16s state champs this year as I’ve been officaly told finnlay bartlet will be playing for norths in the second row. Just wanted to understand how Scott’s would allow this to happen?

Also very keen to watch 16s state champs I believe it’s a clear 4 way race for the championship with manly, southern districts, norths and two blues.

Lots of 16As gps player spread through two blues, norths, eastwood, manly ,Gordon and possibly Randwick I’ve heard. excited to watch and would like to know if anyone would want updates?

RonnyGibbs

Herbert Moran (7)
Hi All

Have a good long weekend.

New's season could go really well or really bad. Rd 1 will be the litmus test. If they can beat Scots at Scots ( big IF atm after trial form ) then they can approach the rest of the season with confidance. They need to do 2 things :
1) get the right centre pairing which can defend. 12 Barton 13 Townsend
2) Set piece scrum/line out must be very good. Ok atm but needs to improve.

If this happens and the backs get good ball, they can put points on any team.

Agree with rankings after trial games but ..... New's losses were close and they did have a draw ( although trial 1 ) against their first Rd opponents.

Will be interested to see the team list.

Wyvernboy
I am not sure this is right.
Newington has had there first choice 10 injured since $cots.

The forwards need work. Against Kings and Knox they lost there own lineout throws In big moments of the game.

Defence of driving mauls has been poor or non existent.

Against Waves they were outplayed up front.

Don't worry about centres games are won up front

Scrumitsteve

Frank Row (1)
What a talent he has been for shore so far this season, linking with Tom klem and Henry Murray in the backline to combine for some seriously skillfull tries. Watching him last year for the shore 1st XV where he played five-eight where I will say he seriously struggled, his move to fullback has given him so much more space to showcase his genuine talent and skills. You’re correct a bit move size on the young fella and I wouldn’t put him too far behind the young Jorgensen.
I agree, last year at 10 he didn’t look as confident or as comfortable. Coaches have recognised his potential at 15 and made a smart choice. His confidence so far this year has allowed him to show his talent and develop so much of his game. He is easily as skilful as Jorgensen just not quite as big. Can’t wait to see some more dazzling tries from him this year.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Hey lads,
Wanted to gain you perspective of the 16s state champs this year as I’ve been officaly told finnlay bartlet will be playing for norths in the second row. Just wanted to understand how Scott’s would allow this to happen?

Also very keen to watch 16s state champs I believe it’s a clear 4 way race for the championship with manly, southern districts, norths and two blues.

Lots of 16As gps player spread through two blues, norths, eastwood, manly ,Gordon and possibly Randwick I’ve heard. excited to watch and would like to know if anyone would want updates?
Unless Finlay has played a minimum of 4 club games for one of the Norths feeder clubs he would not be playing. It is impossible to get dispensation as the SJRU needs to provide an incentive for boys to play club. There are loads of GPS boys playing in the 15’s comp as well, districts like Gordon are very healthy, others like Eastwood and Easts are really struggling for numbers

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
I am not sure this is right.
Newington has had there first choice 10 injured since $cots.

The forwards need work. Against Kings and Knox they lost there own lineout throws In big moments of the game.

Defence of driving mauls has been poor or non existent.

Against Waves they were outplayed up front.

Don't worry about centres games are won up front
From memory this age group dominated their CAS or GPS opponents with only two losses (to Shore) in 4 years.

What’s changed???

Grimey

Banned
Will Cluch tv be streaming any games tomorrow? I can't see anything on their app at the moment, even for the 3rds.

TheBatman

Allen Oxlade (6)
From memory this age group dominated their CAS or GPS opponents with only two losses (to Shore) in 4 years.

What’s changed???
Puberty. They were bigger, stronger and faster then all the other 12-16 year olds.

Newington’s reliance on size throughout all age groups has finally caught up to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.