• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilJackson

Bob McCowan (2)
Thought Joeys were class today. #13 Ronan Leahy is a defensive beast I believe could definitely be up for higher honours this year… Shore forwards couldn’t keep up with the physicality of the Joeys boys combined with the speed of the backs was a masterclass first half. However they took the throttle off a bit in the second half. #7 Pat Young has a heart of gold and is a very impressive and physical player. Interesting to see the scores of the others games today. Thoughts on GPS selections after today?

Short side

Bob McCowan (2)
Was at Northbridge to watch Shore v Joeys. Joeys outclassed Shore in both backs and forwards. The Joeys forwards set the platform for their backs with physical carries and quick ball. Joeys backs were strong and fast and made metres easily and scored some classy tries. Standout players for me were Joeys (13) with his physical defence and big ball running, I’m tipping him for GPS 1s. Joeys (4) and (7) were in everything as well in attack and defence. Joeys (10) had a great kicking game and put in a excellent kick for joeys first try and as usual Joeys (15) had a great all round game, however does anyone know why he was sent off early in the match?

Waves

Stan Wickham (3)
1DEBD590-3A6D-41EB-9B65-204A764C3735.png

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
GPS BLUE XV

1 J Jarvis (S)
2. W Guilfoyle (S)
3. H Bell (J)
4. I Rumble (K)
5. L Bertrams (N)
6. J Va’alotu (N)
7. H Davis (S)
8. O Nicolle (S)
9. B Dickens (N) (Capt)
10 H James (S)
11 H Murray (E)
12 S Fenwicke (K)
13 M Threkeld (I)
14 J Kotis (S)
15 J McGregor (N)

GPS WHITE XV

1 T Jorgensen (N)
2. C Johns (E)
3. T MacLean (N)
4 Q Dickinson (J) (Capt)
5 C Webster (K)
6 N Ritchens (E)
7 P Young (J)
8. F Toone (G)
9. C McLaren (S)
10 D Wright (N)
11 L Grover (I)
12 B Steep (S)
13 T Klem (E)
14 W Quinn (N)
15 D Payne (E)

RESERVES
N van der Reyden (S) A Heaven (J)
T Rouse (E)
J McCreery (E)
M Hyslop (N) A Campbell (J) R Penisini (K) J Hutton (E)
B Baffsky (G)

ALL PLAYERS NAMED ABOVE ARE TO REPORT TO THE SCOTS COLLEGE SUNDAY 19 JUNE AT 11 am FOR MEDICAL ASSESSMENT & LIGHT TRAINING. ENTRY WILL BE VIA THE CRANBROOK RD GATES NOT THE MAIN GATES ON VICTORIA RD.

TheBatman

Allen Oxlade (6)
My thoughts:
- Sharples in 1s is surprising
- No Sekel in 1s
- Charles Cooper in 1s - rightfully so, he’s been exceptional
- Dickens in 3s is far lower than what everyone thought
- Dufficy in 1s is nice surprise but no complaints
- Payne in Whites in a little questionable

Last edited:
Fowler should of been in 1s for me Oscar Jorgenson as well had done more than enough to play GPS 1s Archie Campbell on the reserves is too low for him as well.
I’m sorry I still just don’t get the hype surrounding O.Jorg. Yes he is a good ballrunner but has many flaws in his game and in my opinion there are many other better options available. Thought making the 2nds was a stretch, but I won’t go any further so I don’t get crucified by the pack of joeys fanboys in this forum. I’m interested as to who you think he would replace in the 1s?

Oscar jorgensen absolutely robbed. He has played better than anyone else in that team and it makes me want to cry. However, I am looking at the positive side of things as Hwi Sharples made the 1’s. Well deserved Hwi.

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
what’s your thoughts lads?
Very surprised at the selection of all 4 GPS teams not only from a Newington perspective but all other GPS Schools that I’ve watched over the past 4 or 5 weeks.
Congratulations to all the boys who have been selected.

Short side

Bob McCowan (2)
Fowler should of been in 1s for me Oscar Jorgenson as well had done more than enough to play GPS 1s Archie Campbell on the reserves is too low for him as well
I’m sorry I still just don’t get the hype surrounding O.Jorg. Yes he is a good ballrunner but has many flaws in his game and in my opinion there are many other better options available. Thought making the 2nds was a stretch, but I won’t go any further so I don’t get crucified by the pack of joeys fanboys in this forum. I’m interested as to who you think he would replace in the GPS 1s
Oscar would 100% be better than Perkins no disrespect to him but offers more in defence and attack as there is more to rugby than pure speed that Perkins offers

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
Very surprised at the selection of all 4 GPS teams not only from a Newington perspective but all other GPS Schools that I’ve watched over the past 4 or 5 weeks.
Congratulations to all the boys who have been selected.
GPS selections will always be controversial. While I believe that Fowler is a great 10, I have never seen Dufficy play. And it's really hard to make a judgement so early in the season. We should all note that being in a lower GPS team has never been an obstacle to future representative honours.
Great to see two Grammar players selected from the 3rd XV competition.
Congratulations to all boys selected.

INP

Status
Not open for further replies.