• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
Results I’ve heard of so far, may not be 100% accurate

16As 15-17, view won
15As not sure of score, view won
13 As 21-5, view won
14As 52-0, view won

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Results I’ve heard of so far, may not be 100% accurate

16As 15-17, view won
15As not sure of score, view won
13 As 21-5, view won
14As 52-0, view won
Good man.
When you know scores let us know. Muck appreciated
I am sure View will be buzzing on Monday after the Weekend.
Well done to all

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
TIP PLEASE....sorry there is little time

Tips Week 7.jpg

Don't forget a points spread as well.
Those who fail to get their tips in will be given the second team in each match with a point spread of +12

I’m interested to hear what are everyone’s opinions on the competition after the first round. I think this first round with 2 scalps makes it very interesting. I think joeys are clear favourites but other than that I think the comp is up in the air. I think view and new now have to be taken seriously after there good wins over S and K. So yeah, what are everyone’s thoughts or power rankings after the first round?

TheBatman

Allen Oxlade (6)
My Rankings on June 10th (before Rnd 1)
1. Joeys (4W-1L?) *Not sure who Joeys played in Trial 1 or if they did play.
2. Knox (4W-2L) -
3. Kings (5W-1L)
4. Barker (5W-1L)
5. Shore (4W-2L)
6. Scots (3W-2L-1D)
7. View (2W-4L)
8. Waverly (3W-2L-1D)
9. Newington (1W-3L-1D)
10. Cranbrook (3W-3L)
11. Aloys (1W-6L)
12. Trinity (0W-6L)
13. Grammar (1W-5L)
14. High (1W-5L)
1. Joeys
2. View
3. Kings
4. Shore
5. Newington
6. Scots

Disclaimer: This not necessarily who I think will win the comp but who I think could beat the teams below them in the rankings. ie. I believe Kings will beat Shore, Newington and Scots in upcoming games.

Joeys: The only ‘favourite’ out of Rnd 1 matchups to win. Just outclassed Shore at Northbridge. Still number 1 in the power rankings and for clear reasons. Jorgensen, another masterclass in the back. Other schools say it’s a Jorgo-show, put there was some massive efforts put in all around the park.

View: Were the far better team against Kings who were probably the favourites to win the comp. A comprehensive win whilst never letting the lead slip from them (very un-riverview like). Combinations look sharp and I assume confidence will continue to peak as the season goes on.

Kings: The winner/s is most likely going to lose a game this year, I’m sure they’ll bounce back from this loss. Putting them at third may seem a bit weird, but I reckon they’ll beat every below them in the rankings.

Shore: Managed to scrape a try or two against Joeys put up a decent fight. Stiel and Leo Bassing-thwaite dominant once again, no surprise there. Shore vs Newington is gonna be one hell of a game that I can not wait to watch.

Newington: Shore and them are interchangeable in the rankings. An impressive display against Scots but a few poor performance games in the trials has made them struggle to climb my power rankings. Potential is unlimited for this team, what they do with it is up to the players and coaches.

Scots: Were fourth in my power rankings before Rnd 1. Really difficult to place this good of a footy side at the bottom of the rankings but a win against View could prove me wrong.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Newington
Joeys
Scots
Riverview
Kings
Shore
After round one, I am more confused than ever.

While Joeys have had a very strong pre-season and a good first up win. Favourites? Hard to tell. I think Newington (as I predicted) will be the dark horse of 2022. They have won at the Death Star which is an achievement in itself. This shows they can win on the road, but Newington can be like a souffle, it only rises once. Will they have the consistency to win? Riverview are doing well and have come good early. Have they though played their best game? Kings were contenders but now there are doubts about them. Scots will be very unhappy with their efforts yesterday with some saying their was a huge hole left in the centres and Newington exploited this. Scots are known as a confidence team and losing early does not help. Shore showed yesterday in patches they have the ability. They still look to play a 10 man game (their spoiling of the Joeys ball at the breakdown was excellent) and are deadly from 5 metres out, but it the back-line that has some issues.

Finally, many decades ago schools would swap video tapes of the opposition they played. It was clandestine at times and even schools sent scouts out to watch teams train and then play. Occasionally games were videoed from the grandstand. Now that Cluch is showing the games and they are downloadable for analysis. Hence I feel that every team now has an advantage of watching every game closely. I myself have downloaded the games from yesterday to study. BUT, going to the ground and soaking up the atmosphere (and pies) is part of the whole experience. Watching the games in 2020 on the TV was soulless and the pies were not as good at home.

Should the AAGPS continue with Cluch?

While Joeys have had a very strong pre-season and a good first up win. Favourites? Hard to tell. I think Newington (as I predicted) will be the dark horse of 2022. They have won at the Death Star which is an achievement in itself. This shows they can win on the road, but Newington can be like a souffle, it only rises once. Will they have the consistency to win? Riverview are doing well and have come good early. Have they though played their best game? Kings were contenders but now there are doubts about them. Scots will be very unhappy with their efforts yesterday with some saying their was a huge hole left in the centres and Newington exploited this. Scots are known as a confidence team and losing early does not help. Shore showed yesterday in patches they have the ability. They still look to play a 10 man game (their spoiling of the Joeys ball at the breakdown was excellent) and are deadly from 5 metres out, but it the back-line that has some issues.

Finally, many decades ago schools would swap video tapes of the opposition they played. It was clandestine at times and even schools sent scouts out to watch teams train and then play. Occasionally games were videoed from the grandstand. Now that Cluch is showing the games and they are downloadable for analysis. Hence I feel that every team now has an advantage of watching every game closely. I myself have downloaded the games from yesterday to study. BUT, going to the ground and soaking up the atmosphere (and pies) is part of the whole experience. Watching the games in 2020 on the TV was soulless and the pies were not as good at home.

I think you are being pretty harsh on view J. As I said in my comment earlier, view and new can’t be taken lightly after this first round. But you only seem to be recognising new after their win. I honestly think view are in with a very good chance, as they seem to be getting better every week with there connections building stronger. I think they were extremely unlucky in the Joeys game to lose and also in the barker game. Playing joeys at home could be crucial for their title hopes. But we will wait and see what the next few round bring.
PR:
Joeys
Shore
View/New (couldn’t pick between them)
Scots/Kings

TheMedow

Banned
Jackson stiel from Shore being left out of the 1st GPS was and absolute shock to me. Been the best player on the field most games he’s played. Hard done by if you ask me.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Jackson stiel from Shore being left out of the 1st GPS was and absolute shock to me. Been the best player on the field most games he’s played. Hard done by if you ask me.
Did you think he was better than the Joeys LH yesterday as that is what the selectors would have considereed?

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
3rd XV Round 3 Report

What an amazingly close competition it is turning out to be. There are still at least 5 teams that can win the Col Windon Shield.

Joeys 5 d Shore 3
This game lived up to expectations. With a single try from Joeys in the first half it was 5-3 at the break. Joeys had two players yellow carded in the second half and for a while had only 13 players on the field, but they were able to hold on to win the game. There was no score by either team in the second half. What a contest! Shore are still a chance for the premiership but you would think that they need to win all of their remaining games and hope that another school beats Joeys. Riverview's defeat of Kings leaves Joeys on top as the only undefeated team after Round 3.

Riverview 7 d Kings 5
Kings led 5-0 at half time but Riverview came back in the second half to score a converted try and take the match. The Riverview win means that both teams have had a single loss and are still a chance to win the competition. Both teams are yet to face Joeys and they will be crucial matches in the final two rounds.

Grammar 13 d TAS 5
I picked a close game here and a TAS victory, but it is clear that Grammar are still a force to be reckoned with as they continue to impress in recent matches. They have now had two wins on the trot and move on to meet Joeys at Hunters Hill in Round 4. They need to win this match to retain the shield, but it will be a huge task playing an undefeated Joeys team on the greatest rugby field in the country.

Scots 44 d High 0
As predicted, Scots had no trouble with High, notching up 44 points to improve their for and against significantly. I did not see this match but it is clear that it followed the recent pattern of High's matches resulting in huge losses. Scots now have a win on the board, but plenty of work to do in the remaining rounds.

Round 4 - 23 July after the holidays
Kings v Shore
TAS v Scots
Riverview v High
Joeys v Grammar
TAS have some size in their forwards and their maul could be very damaging. Unfortunately I thought that their handling let them down yesterday.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)

100%, I love watching games like Joeys vs Riverview at home but my first priority will be to always go and watch Newington (at the grounds). Having them being streamed and not just reading the score reports is so convenient for everyone.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
I’m interested to hear what are everyone’s opinions on the competition after the first round. I think this first round with 2 scalps makes it very interesting. I think joeys are clear favourites but other than that I think the comp is up in the air. I think view and new now have to be taken seriously after there good wins over S and K. So yeah, what are everyone’s thoughts or power rankings after the first round?
I honestly think Newington and Joeys will share a premiership this year with Riverview coming in at a very close 2nd or even being the premieres. Very excited for BND as Riverview will be no easy team for Newington to beat.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Great Dusk
I must admit I am somewhat disconnected from the College these days dusk. So filling in the names of the New players, as you have done, really helps with the detail of the my match review.
Just my usual request, Dusk, any chance of getting A team results.Particularly, the 16As, As Newington and Scots have dominated this age group since the 13s.

Regards B&W
14A's score: Scots 64-0 Newington

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)

Yes, most certainly, some us cannot get to the games, but watching it on clutch is a variable substitute.

Status
Not open for further replies.