• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goosestep

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Total Bullshit,, what it says is that Newington College is a day school, where few few parents who reside in the Eastern Suburbs. Comments like this represent, nothing but a nasty Small Minded Campaign against Newington.So "TheMeadow" please understand the facts about Newington and the difficulties for Newington Families, traveling, to the Eastern Suburbs. before you comment again. Honestly, to blame it on Newington's culture, is just utter Bloody Crap. As it shows a complete ignorance of Reality. I have written about this issue before, to Scots supporters, but they still seem unable to intellectually, professionally or morally comprehend the issues involved.Particularly, the issues involving Travel for Newington Families.some of your supporters would rather indulge, in small minded point scoring.Unable/ unwilling to comprehend a Newington families perspective. By the way, the Parking at Scots is disgusting.

So you want talk about School culture. Particularly, as a Teacher. I have taught at both Newington and Scots as teacher, be it on a casual basis, many years ago, while completing Master of Arts, in Defence Studies, International Relations and Military History. The Newington boys love me, for passing on my Academic Knowledge. The Scots boys, I may as well being, talking to a brick wall,a most disappointing experience. I would't be the only Teacher with GPS experience, to state that Teaching at Newington was a professionally, rewarding experience in dealing with the sons of the gentrified Middle Class, from my Old School. I can't say the same about Scots.

Look it kinda is the culture .. like it or not, and I have nothing against the school at ALL… but IF supporting Rugby was a Focus they could get it done .. where there is a will there is a way … but they obviously want to focus on other areas of school life and that’s ABSOLUTELY fine. Not every school culture has to be the same

Also for a lot of GPS schools boys Actually WANT to go support their team away .. it’s not a hassle to get supporters attending. A lot of boys are friends with lads from the other schools so it’s a social thing too.

Last edited:

Waves

Stan Wickham (3)
i think there are a lot of talent within the game today with gps coming on top however some of the forwards i believe in CAS deserve a spot in gen blue. keen to know your thoughts!

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Not a huge surprise in the 1st result, well played GPS. It's a pity we didn't get to see Izzzy Katoa play 10 for CAS, perhaps we might have seen more from Saunders with Katoa inside and while Jarah McK is a really talented player, consistency in defence is not his strongest suit.
Gen Blue selection v interesting - would be great if form in these games and the rep games to come counted for more! I don't get why selection in U20s is a lock on U18s?
Mr Huge, why is it not a huge surprise? The CAS school teams beat many GPS schools this year.
Having said that, if you mean the CAS didn't choose it's best team again, you are correct.

Albi

Allen Oxlade (6)
Mr Huge, why is it not a huge surprise? The CAS school teams beat many GPS schools this year.
Having said that, if you mean the CAS didn't choose it's best team again, you are correct.
Same with the GPS teams. I think there was also some kind selections in the GPS teams in order to get some representatives from other schools

Albi

Allen Oxlade (6)
Mix up the CAS (those lucky enough to get selected) and GPS boys at the next rep level and I think we will see many CAS boys perform much better than they did today.....hopefully!

Peabody

Herbert Moran (7)
Canteen report

while not having the famous beef pie available I decided to venture into sausage roll territory. These are traditionally more miss than hit but today I was stunned.

a golden, crispy light pastry is the first delight. Heavy on the butter. Baked to perfection with very delicate pastry. The inside though is the treat. This was not your run of the mill corner shop sausage roll. No need for sauce, in fact it would ruin the lovely herb and garlic sausage mix. So very tasty I bought another!

score. 9.5/10.
Once again the Shore mums were lovely.

View attachment 13888
No wonder all I could get for lunch was a jam donut

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
I managed to catch the end of 2’s and the whole of the 1’s game yesterday. comments;

1) the sausage rolls were all gone, they must have been good.

2) the Barker 8 was the best player for CAS, total standout in a beaten team. The CAS backline was fairly weak, Saunders had a moment of individual brilliance to set up their final try but was other wise kept quiet.

3) GPS was totally dominant, particularly in the backs, they operated like a team
That has played quite a lot together already and I think that speaks to natural football instincts and talent. Max Jorgensen is next level good, he provided a masterclass in all aspects of outside back play. He plays with the determination that his father possessed but his skills and vision are even sharper. Call me a fan boy but I really hope rugby Union holds on to him.

Mcclert

Frank Row (1)
My young bloke said the same about the Barker 8.
I managed to catch the end of 2’s and the whole of the 1’s game yesterday. comments;

1) the sausage rolls were all gone, they must have been good.

2) the Barker 8 was the best player for CAS, total standout in a beaten team. The CAS backline was fairly weak, Saunders had a moment of individual brilliance to set up their final try but was other wise kept quiet.

3) GPS was totally dominant, particularly in the backs, they operated like a team
That has played quite a lot together already and I think that speaks to natural football instincts and talent. Max Jorgensen is next level good, he provided a masterclass in all aspects of outside back play. He plays with the determination that his father possessed but his skills and vision are even sharper. Call me a fan boy but I really hope rugby Union holds on to him.

Rugby Survivor

Ward Prentice (10)
Without the Barker number 8 on the field the score would have been a lot wider. He was immense in a beaten side.
Barrett and the New hooker outstanding as well.
The backs played with a lot of coheshion and kept it very simple with the service from Sharples exceptional. No doubt some good advice from their backs coach Tim Wallace from Shore.
Some brilliance from Jorgensen and Leahy in setting up their wingers particularly Tonga who has impressive gas.
The Gen Blue selectors will have their favourites but GPS should dominate the squad.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Tip results!

A day when no one was able to predict a spread but at least everyone got points, even if it was just one for the draw.
KOB1987 is still in front but has had his lead narrowed by Hornsbyforlife

Thank you to all who are playing. It was hard to get them in so quickly. Again, if you spot an error or an issue message me. Happy to help.
Now is a chance to have a break till next month when this will all pick up again

TIPS- Week 7.jpg

Tip results!

A day when no one was able to predict a spread but at least everyone got points, even if it was just one for the draw.
KOB1987 is still in front but has had his lead narrowed by Hornsbyforlife

Thank you to all who are playing. It was hard to get them in so quickly. Again, if you spot an error or an issue message me. Happy to help.
Now is a chance to have a break till next month when this will all pick up again

View attachment 13899
Great tipping from Wyvernboy backing every non GPS team, get off your high horse buddy.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
JUNIOR TABLES UPDATE

The is the current status of Results

We are only missing 14Bs, 15As and 15Bs for Riverview v Kings.

Can anyone help us with the result and score please.

Once we have the results all will be revealed!

A-Little-Help-Please.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.