• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Props are People too

Sydney Middleton (9)
Possibly true, the luck of the draw isn’t that great for gps2s playing most school 1s teams anyways. But the years I have watched this comp I’ve seen gps play gps… this year I actually see isa to be great competition for gps and cas.

people make mistakes on this forum, just because someone had hurt your beloved cas comp dosent mean you need to lose your shit…

The game of the first round is Pres B v ISA 1 - 11:10am on Saturday. The winner likely to play CAS in the semi. So Pres B has to do it the hard way for sure.

Last edited:

BillyS600

Frank Row (1)
Hi All

Thanks for posting the 16's Presidents teams Joker

Interesting read. Selected by, I assume, people that have watched, coached and played rugby ( they don't get it right all the time however better creds than the people on this forum ) the team spreads are :

16'A team : S 7, N 5, E 5, J 3, K 2, I 1
16'B team : N 6, K 6, J 5, S 3 E 1, I 1

Please corect me if these figures are wrong.

Now, not to get too stupid with stuff, I will assume being selected in the A team is twice as good as in the B team. Adding the figures

S 17, N 16, E 11, J 11, K 10, I 3

New have 11 players selected, S 10, J 8, K 8, E 6, I 2

As Stephenmoorebeers stated, he'll put his house on the Scots v New 16's game next time around. After these selections suggest, he must have a few to give away.

Let the excuses/debate begin

Wyvernboy
I can’t wait to see how shore 1st XV number 7 Marshall Le ?? Goes - I think he will carve them up .. such a jack in the box … and he hit Pat young really hard on the weekend game I saw … someone told me he is only 15yrs old…. Scary to see what he will be like in 2yrs time

EyesUpFootyFan

Allen Oxlade (6)
One thing to be stated about GPS, representative teams and further selections, teams picked are not always based the best players. To explain, the example of Jack Bowen. Where he was selected in the GPS 2nd XV, despite making all the gen blue teams in the past and being one of the best players in the whole GPS, due to missing a few trial games. He has gone on to higher honours, starting nearly a full season for Eastern Suburbs 1st grade. So in terms of players, we often see some great players picked in lower teams due to certain circumstances, which is often seen by higher selectors.

EyesUp

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Good Point EUFF. In the past some boys have benefited from getting more game time in a GPS 2nd XV and some late minutes in the 1sts rather than bench for the 1sts only. NSW selectors have never been scared of a player in 2nds, White or Blue. They understand the talent on show and that a boy might have been picked by split decision for one team or another.

Rae Rae

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Easier to follow.
Next round we will include a progessive table.
Image below is low resolution. Next time it will be higher.

Round 1 Results 18Jun22.jpg

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
I could reply, But I moving on.
Thoughts on round 2 16As
Joyes V New
Kings V Shore
View V Scots

would love to hear thoughts.
Hello GPS Gremlin
Joeys having been improving every year since they were the 13As. So I wouldn't surprise if Joeys got up over Newington. However, this Newington Cohort is a very strong one, with some great attacking backs. If the backs are able to run free, they have the potential to put a score on Joeys. But, I suspect Joeys are well aware of this. Hence, Joeys, are likely to play the game in the forwards. New will have some confidence going into this game, with their 26-7 win over the strong Scots team of this age cohort.

GPS Gremlin I have provided past scores between New and Joeys in this age a group
13As New 42 beat Joeys 0
14As New 26 beat Joeys 7
15As New 14 beat Joeys 10

Last edited:

wyvernboy

Banned
Hi Black and White

Agree with you. New forwards need to combat a strong Joeys front row. Barrett in particular. Dowling is good too. With Ata and Jorgensen we have some muscle up front too. It will be up to the back row for New to work hard and get that ball at the breakdown. Line out v Scots was pretty good and won enough ball. Our backs will need to contain Leahy and 2 Jorgos. Joeys will need to stop McLean, Taukamo and McGregor. Think it will come down to the 9/10 combos getting clean ball and letting their respective outside backs run free. Not sure Joeys will keep it in the forwards. Never been their style. Good match ups across the park.
Of course Joeys will be favs at home. But this New team has shown it can go alright.

Wyvernboy

O

Old High Boy

The big question is... will The Joker be our resident sideline eye for tomorrows games?

It certainly would be appreciated if he does so...

Attachments

• 1655941042836.jpeg
    1655941042836.jpeg
    234 KB · Views: 77

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Joeys having been improving every year since they were the 13As.
This is because each year the Joeys cohort has new students arriving. Joeys has a very small year seven (130) and this group have no idea who each other are as there is no Prep School for Joeys, unlike like Newington, Shore, Kings, Scots, Grammar and Riverview. Joeys boys take time to learn the same cohesion and game that those at the previously mentioned school enjoy.

Most schools in the GPS set the cohort number I presume in year seven with only a few turning up later. This was the case at Scots with 200 in year 7. Joeys though sees a steady number each year joining in. In years 10/11 there is a large intake mainly country lads who's parents can only afford the final years of the College Within these large country lads there is always a couple of sprightly lads who have honed their skills upon the red, dusty, western plains of NSW. By the time this cohort graduates there is approximately 200 boys in the group.

Final point.
Here is a league table of schools by students size (does NOT include Prep schools)
Numbers have been rounded up and are taken from old data.

Kings 1800
Newington 1600
Riverview 1350
Shore School 1250
Scots College 1200
Sydney Grammar 1200
Sydney Boys High 1180
St Joseph's 1030 (2022)

So with fewer students Joeys seem to do well. Must be the food.....

6kk56v.jpg

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Friday 24 June Fixtures NSW Schools Championships at Eric Tweedale Stadium 2 Montrose Ave Merrylands

1st XV v ISA 1 3.15 p.m.
2nd XV v ISA 2 2.00 p.m.

I will see if I can make it. I do not have a subscription.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
This is because each year the Joeys cohort has new students arriving. Joeys has a very small year seven (130) and this group have no idea who each other are as there is no Prep School for Joeys, unlike like Newington, Shore, Kings, Scots, Grammar and Riverview. Joeys boys take time to learn the same cohesion and game that those at the previously mentioned school enjoy.

Most schools in the GPS set the cohort number I presume in year seven with only a few turning up later. This was the case at Scots with 200 in year 7. Joeys though sees a steady number each year joining in. In years 10/11 there is a large intake mainly country lads who's parents can only afford the final years of the College Within these large country lads there is always a couple of sprightly lads who have honed their skills upon the red, dusty, western plains of NSW. By the time this cohort graduates there is approximately 200 boys in the group.

Final point.
Here is a league table of schools by students size (does NOT include Prep schools)
Numbers have been rounded up and are taken from old data.

Kings 1800
Newington 1600
Riverview 1350
Shore School 1250
Scots College 1200
Sydney Grammar 1200
Sydney Boys High 1180
St Joseph's 1030 (2022)

So with fewer students Joeys seem to do well. Must be the food.....

View attachment 13921
Joker, this site without you, would would descent I believe, into humourless utterances, that would be as exiting as watching Grass grow. Keep it up, my friend.

The Front Rower

Sydney Middleton (9)
I don't understand why you think that the game is an accurate representation of Newington or Scots strength just because "it was a solid convincing win" any half decent 16s squad would beat Scots when we're 9 players down. You keep clinging to this win like its an accurate representation of the 16s and the years to come but the truth is although Newington had a solid win it doesn't mean anything. It doesn't mean that the Scots 16s are bad or that the Newington team is good.
Firstly congrats to Newington winning the 16A game last week it must have been a good victory and a good one for the Newington boys you cant take that win away from them and they can only play what's in front of them. However that said I understand what Props to the ready is saying. My son has played for another school since year 5 against this cohort of Scots kids. I know last year even when the Scots 15A had kids away for the bush retreat thing, Finnlay Bartlett single handily nearly won the game on his own for Scots in the 15A with two of the best solo tries you could see at schoolboys level. Throw in Leo Jacques and I cant comment on the other two Scots kids (Brial and Fittler) as they have come much later to the school year 8 or so. It would be a very interesting game between Newington 16A at full strength V Scots 16A at full strength, I honestly don't know who would win the match. Maybe end of season game between the two at full strength and we can all sell tickets to the match!

Status
Not open for further replies.