• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
View 13a's have started the year well but a few people have told me scots have a cracker side in this age group. 14's view are very solid and although Large will be a big problem I see view winning. 15 a view lost their best player to a broken leg playing for Sydney.
New have beaten Scots in the 13As twice, both times about 40-7. So maybe New have a cracker side as well.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
View in a tight one. 24/18

They seemed very much off the pace to start the year but have been building each week and figuring out a pattern of play that works for them. Forwards aren't overtly dominant but skilled and have the job of just getting the ball to the backline that has been humming along nicely and able to score tries. The weather doesn't lend itself to flamboyant play but like I said to an earlier post about Joeys, I believe you play they way you train and are designed.

Good weekend to have a good no.9 that's for sure.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Not an issue about forfeiting but about the depth of the rugby program at Newington, and making the games fair (as it possibly can).
Sorry dusk I forgot to ask, but have Newington played Trinity, for the A.J. Rae Shield.Usually, it involves the top soccer and Rugby Teams (A Teams only), in the last week of the Holidays. Tony Rae was my Headmaster when I was at Newington. He was a superb, Headmaster and did much to deliver Newington to its current status, as a leading school, in educating boys.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
For those born after 2000, this is called “humour”. Some even may call this banter. But is all served up on the platter called, “I kid because I love”. Enjoy.

St Joseph’s College V Newington in God’s back yard.
Much has been said, written and even sledged about this game. Newington are riding a wave of confidence after their stunning last gasp victory at the Death Star. Will those Storm troopers ever learn that a small gap in the defense can be catastrophic? With this in mind Newington have rediscovered some belief in their game. They are well served by a rumbling group of Tongan tanks in the forwards. Mobile, large they are imposing. But can they run all game? The backs though are considered to bring the most potent fire power to the game and if given a chance they will punish any loose defensive pattern. Joeys though are also riding high after the recent rep rugby. In the Gen Blues team Joeys supplied the 1, 3, 9, 10, 11, 13 and 15. Plus a lad in the Australian A team. This high level experience provided an opportunity for the cattle dogs to fine tune their game. If you saw the match against QLD you would have seen the Joeys backs tearing them up. The clash of the backlines will be key. The forwards will be even, with Newington I feel winning the early engagements but Joeys with their ability to run all day like cattle dogs should see them finish on top of the Wookies from Stanmore. I hope to see all those Newington fans out there tomorrow.

Joeys number 9 taking on Newington's number 2.

r0_0_4277_3048_w4277_h3048_fmax.jpg

Joeys by a dozen dog bones

Kings’ vs Shore at Castle Gray Skull
Much is made of the battle of the Catholics but there is something to be said about this clash between the two uppermost Anglican schools in Sydney. With enormous history between them this fixture deserves more credit than it gets. Kings were dumbfounded by the Lane Cove Lunch Club Lads last time out. Fortress Gray Skull normally has a formidable reputation for disappointing teams when they dare venture onto the hallowed green top of White Oval. Kings will not want to disappoint their fans two times in a row. They will use their forward pack more I feel. They have some quality ball runners and should make metres easily. Shore, even though losing to the Great Unwashed Bush Boys, were buoyed by their efforts during the game and the after-match function. They beat the Joe boys to the breakdowns in the second half and the sausage rolls in the Hawker stand. Shore may feel they can pinch this game like they pinch street signs in the local area. I am hoping they do win as this would vindicate the effort, they have put in. I admit I have soft spot for Shore, but as well respect for Kings. Go well lads.

Shore boy proudly shows off his scavenger hunt spoils.

street-signs-1561477014.jpg

Kings by 6 sausage rolls

Riverview vs The Scots College at the Cow paddock
Nothing is more dangerous (or amusing to watch) than a confident Riverview. With a stunning upset win at Castle Grey Skull last time out these lads have gone up a gear of three in recent weeks. Amongst this unheralded group lay some key players who inspire their team mates in the game. They play a tight, mistake free style but on occasion can break out the flair. With the support of the wildest and most lunatic supporters on the sideline, this home ground will see them play above expectations. Scots on the other hand have stuttered and spluttered since the loss of their number 12. (Nothing to add here). With his return the confidence will be back. But can Scots find other dimensions to their game? The number 12 will be marked harder than my year 12 chemistry exam. Do Scots have a flexible game plan? This game echoes the other in importance and if there was a round where tipping is almost impossible, this is it! I would dearly love to see the Papal Pushers beat the snot out of the Bean Bag blowers, and on this field, which by 3.15 it shall be a boggy marshland, I feel they will. While Scots have firepower, Riverview have the “X factor” of the home ground plus a promise from the Loreto girls to go out with them if they win.

The Pope giving his usual blessing to the Riverview match ball.

gettyimages-1125991553-2048x2048.jpg

Riverview by three decades of the rosary

Last edited:

Bob Peters

Frank Nicholson (4)
Joeys make only one change from the 1st XV who won their opening round clash against Newington five weeks ago. Wing Miles Minto’s shoulder injury has not recovered in time and he is replaced by Ben Whyte in the 11 jersey who has performed well at outside centre in the 2nd XV.

1. Jack Barrett
2. Atticus Heaven
3. Harry Bell
4. Darcy Fogarty
5. Quinn Dickinson
6. Archie Campbell
7. Patrick Young
8. Harry Darling
9. Hwi Sharples
10. Joey Fowler
11. Ben Whyte
12. Oscar Jorgensen
13. Ronan Leahy
14. Will Malloy
15. Max Jorgensen (c)

The No. 1 Oval at Hunters Hill is in fantastic condition and Newington will provide a fascinating contest. New, along with Riverview, have been the big improvers across the pre-season and into the first round, with Kings, Scots and Shore all coming off the boil into Round 1.

With such a big break between rounds there is little or no recent form line to draw upon. Regardless of the weather, those at the ground - or watching on Cluch - will be get a game that is a constant reminder why these contests are often preferable to much of what is available on TV in the professional game.

Tony_weave531

Allen Oxlade (6)
In the 16s between Scot’s and view. View view A’s are missing their whole front row due to their hooker going to 2s their lose head prop getting a shoulder injury and their tight head prop’s brother getting covid. So I think tomorrow might be a tuff game in the b’s and A’s for view
Tight head is playing according to some of my mates whos sons play in the 16a's

Cockatoo Run

Herbert Moran (7)
For those born after 2000, this is called “humour”. Some even may call this banter. But is all served up on the platter called, “I kid because I love”. Enjoy.

Great previews Joker. After a month of putting up with endless dribble on why some 15 year old kid from Scots named Finn did or didn't get dudded in rugby, thank goodness the real stuff has resumed.

RonnyGibbs

Herbert Moran (7)

Much has been said, written and even sledged about this game. Newington are riding a wave of confidence after their stunning last gasp victory at the Death Star. Will those Storm troopers ever learn that a small gap in the defense can be catastrophic? With this in mind Newington have rediscovered some belief in their game. They are well served by a rumbling group of Tongan tanks in the forwards. Mobile, large they are imposing. But can they run all game? The backs though are considered to bring the most potent fire power to the game and if given a chance they will punish any loose defensive pattern. Joeys though are also riding high after the recent rep rugby. In the Gen Blues team Joeys supplied the 1, 3, 9, 10, 11, 13 and 15. Plus a lad in the Australian A team. This high level experience provided an opportunity for the cattle dogs to fine tune their game. If you saw the match against QLD you would have seen the Joeys backs tearing them up. The clash of the backlines will be key. The forwards will be even, with Newington I feel winning the early engagements but Joeys with their ability to run all day like cattle dogs should see them finish on top of the Wookies from Stanmore. I hope to see all those Newington fans out there tomorrow.

Joeys number 9 taking on Newington's number 2.

View attachment 14173
Joeys by a dozen dog bones

Much is made of the battle of the Catholics but there is something to be said about this clash between the two uppermost Anglican schools in Sydney. With enormous history between them this fixture deserves more credit than it gets. Kings were dumbfounded by the Lane Cove Lunch Club Lads last time out. Fortress Gray Skull normally has a formidable reputation for disappointing teams when they dare venture onto the hallowed green top of White Oval. Kings will not want to disappoint their fans two times in a row. They will use their forward pack more I feel. They have some quality ball runners and should make metres easily. Shore, even though losing to the Great Unwashed Bush Boys, were buoyed by their efforts during the game and the after-match function. They beat the Joe boys to the breakdowns in the second half and the sausage rolls in the Hawker stand. Shore may feel they can pinch this game like they pinch street signs in the local area. I am hoping they do win as this would vindicate the effort, they have put in. I admit I have soft spot for Shore, but as well respect for Kings. Go well lads.

Shore boy proudly shows off his scavenger hunt spoils.

View attachment 14174
Kings by 6 sausage rolls

Nothing is more dangerous (or amusing to watch) than a confident Riverview. With a stunning upset win at Castle Grey Skull last time out these lads have gone up a gear of three in recent weeks. Amongst this unheralded group lay some key players who inspire their team mates in the game. They play a tight, mistake free style but on occasion can break out the flair. With the support of the wildest and most lunatic supporters on the sideline, this home ground will see them play above expectations. Scots on the other hand have stuttered and spluttered since the loss of their number 12. (Nothing to add here). With his return the confidence will be back. But can Scots find other dimensions to their game? The number 12 will be marked harder than my year 12 chemistry exam. Do Scots have a flexible game plan? This game echoes the other in importance and if there was a round where tipping is almost impossible, this is it! I would dearly love to see the Papal Pushers beat the snot out of the Bean Bag blowers, and on this field, which by 3.15 it shall be a boggy marshland, I feel they will. While Scots have firepower, Riverview have the “X factor” of the home ground plus a promise from the Loreto girls to go out with them if they win.

The Pope giving his usual blessing to the Riverview match ball.

View attachment 14175

Riverview by three decades of the rosary

Newington Gen Blue Players 2, 4, 6, 9, 13, 14, 15
13 and 14 not considered

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Micheal Balleine. Had to walk around with screws in his neck for all of year 12. At this point rugby was still the compulsory winter sport at New.
Hello DragonMan
I remember at the time it was a highlighted in the news. I believe he was flow by helicopter to the spinal unit. One low life Rugby League commentator, was telling the public that boys necks weren't strong to play Rugby Union. I mean to try to take advantage of a boys injury, in order to scare parents from allowing their boys to play Rugby. Beneath Contempt.

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
A
Sorry dusk I forgot to ask, but have Newington played Trinity, for the A.J. Rae Shield.Usually, it involves the top soccer and Rugby Teams (A Teams only), in the last week of the Holidays. Tony Rae was my Headmaster when I was at Newington. He was a superb, Headmaster and did much to deliver Newington to its current status, as a leading school, in educating boys.
AJ was also my Headmaster (I started in Wyvern 1979). A great man and no subsequent Headmaster has come close to what he achieved for the College.

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
Wet Weather alert (as at 3pm today) for rugby at Kings tomorrow.

Open 9ths & 10ths v Cranbrook 5ths & 6ths,
16c-e, v Shore
15c-e, v Shore
14c-e, v Shore
13c-e v Shore

are all cancelled.

14a & b will play on Doyle 6.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Big news, All scot's vs view games cancelled except for 1's, 2's and 14a-e's. The reason the 14s games are on is because they are scheduled to play at christianson park not riverview. 3rds and 5ths are still scheduled to go Armidale to vs Tas 1's and 2's. Sad to see so much footy canceled. hopefully the teams playing make the lion proud

Status
Not open for further replies.