• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScrumGod9696

Bob McCowan (2)
Bit of new around Max Jorgenson, he is to start in the 2nd XV this weekend for joeys to ease his way back after his shoulder injury. Paul Kent also reported that he has been poached to league by the milk, the green machine (Canberra Raiders). I feel like this decision is a good one as he can be coached by one of rugby leagues greats sticky ricky and will give him a chance to show his abilty on the rugby league field.
Jorgensen in the 2nd XV is just not right

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Identifying trolls on what basis? Unless their sign-up email address is imafuckwit@trollbridge.com you don't know until they out themselves.
So, better if people report stuff, don't engage, and we nuke them.
Plus, a lot of the worst offenders are well and truly from within the GPS system.
Hello cyclopath
As a new supporter, a great many, ten years ago were just racist bigots. Other just hated Newington, for a variety of reasons.I taught as a teacher ,like Joker, this gives an insight into a disturbed mind. Hence, with our backgrounds we have an ability to identify such trolls. I don't want to go into much detail, but trolls learn to hide their emotional sickness. But you can read them.Should you need assistance,I am willing to donate my time , no charge.

TheRuckOver

Banned
Young gun Joeys 16A's hooker Bill Smith will be heading up to Redcliffe in 2024. It's unfortunate as he is a definite starter for the firsts next year. More to come

O

Old High Boy

Not from what I heard I actually saw him at Scots where he disclosed that he was going to stay local and potentially join the try colours on a 2 year deal

And the trolls have just been awoken from their study slumber.... when will it ever stop

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
For those who were wondering, my new profile picture looked exactly like me when I heard last weekends Kings vs SBHS score line...
Yes Old High Boy,

Unfortunately the committed players from High 1st XV have been completely outclassed in this competition. Six losses. 341 points against. 0 points scored. I really feel for them as they are turning up every week to give their best and still get smashed.

The writing was on the wall when they lost a trial game earlier this year to Joeys 7th XV.

I don't have the answer but perhaps the selective entry criteria for SBHS could be changed somewhat?

If they don't do something I fear that their days in GPS rugby are numbered and that would be a great shame.

Cheers
INP

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hello cyclopath
As a new supporter, a great many, ten years ago were just racist bigots. Other just hated Newington, for a variety of reasons.I taught as a teacher ,like Joker, this gives an insight into a disturbed mind. Hence, with our backgrounds we have an ability to identify such trolls. I don't want to go into much detail, but trolls learn to hide their emotional sickness. But you can read them.Should you need assistance,I am willing to donate my time , no charge.

No charge??? You think anyone is getting paid here?

O

Old High Boy

Yes Old High Boy,

Unfortunately the committed players from High 1st XV have been completely outclassed in this competition. Six losses. 341 points against. 0 points scored. I really feel for them as they are turning up every week to give their best and still get smashed.

The writing was on the wall when they lost a trial game earlier this year to Joeys 7th XV.

I don't have the answer but perhaps the selective entry criteria for SBHS could be changed somewhat?

If they don't do something I fear that their days in GPS rugby are numbered and that would be a great shame.

Cheers
INP

Hi INP

I was deeply concerned when I heard there was only one Opens team this season.

I hear what you are saying, and you may be right - I would hate for one of these brave lads (and thats in all grades) getting injured on the rugby field for the wise men to then hook High from all forms of rugby.. Its better it happens sooner than later

The compounded problem will be that once GPS rugby at High is gone (moved?), they will never make it back to the GPS rugby fold - having a close view of recent High rugby team performances from recent seasons, they are ISA Div 1 or 2 at best

When I was at school (which was a looong time ago) we had Opens teams down to the 6ths and 7ths (yes, true), and junior teams were easily into the Es.

I do know that a group of concerned old Boys have tried on many occasions to drive positive rugby change, but to no avail.

Very sad indeed

OHB

SkyBlue

Banned
Yes Old High Boy,

Cheers
INP

SBHS will not change its selective entry criteria because of the simple fact that rugby is not a priority for them, nor is athletics as a whole in reality. As rugby fans, we forget that these private schools are places of education first (excluding Joeys), not just a nursery for wallabies (and now half of the NRL too). SBHS does the whole education thing pretty well, and I don't see them changing their schooling philosophy any time soon. The best solution, which we all have talked about time and time again is combing the GPS, CAS and potentially ISA comps. This probably won't happen either considering the GPS is hellbent on tradition, as well as other issues, but let's be honest, it's the only way we are going to maximise these schools' rugby potential. I personally just think it would ridiculously entertaining watching Kings, Riverview, Joeys, Scots, Newington, Barker, Waverley and Knox battle it out. 4 cracking games every week.

O

Old High Boy

SBHS will not change its selective entry criteria because of the simple fact that rugby is not a priority for them, nor is athletics as a whole in reality.

When I was schooling there, SBHS also had the selective policy, so there has been no change there SB

The advent of soccer and other winter sporting alternatives - coupled with a changing demographic of the student base - has simply eroded the rugby program to the point where we are now at

SkyBlue

Banned
When I was schooling there, SBHS also had the selective policy, so there has been no change there SB

The advent of soccer and other winter sporting alternatives - coupled with a changing demographic of the student base - has simply eroded the rugby program to the point where we are now at
Yes, but the selective criteria now work hand in hand with that shifting demographic. A lot has changed demographic-wise in the last 50 years. I do not mean this in a hateful way in the slightest just to clarify. Just merely an observation.

propsarespeedy

Ted Thorn (20)
Yes Old High Boy,

Cheers
INP
I don't understand why have a selective sporting (likes sports schools) path and a selective academic path. It shouldn't just be students who are good at academics the school needs more people who are good at multiple things

Status
Not open for further replies.