• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
hi Lindommer, from your posts over the years I gather your a joeys supporter. im sure the joe boys won’t take my comments to heart, it’s all for a bit of fun. noted for next time though

GCG
JOEYS RUGBY- We don't back down.jpg

Chipking04

Frank Row (1)
TKS Team Lists vs Scots

1st XV

1. Ashdown
2. Park
3. Basten
4. Wait
5. Rumble
6. H.Staniforth
7. Durbidge
8. Penisini
9. White
10. Dufficy
11. Tonga
12. Fakafanua
13. Fenwicke
14. Ramraj
15. A.Staniforth

2nd XV

1. Macdonald
2. Orpen
3. Tiitii
4. Barber
5. Rowe
6. Milin
7. Gibson
8. Blackwell
9. Gilder
10. McLachlan
11. Maslin
12. Lokeni
13. Watts
14. Yaffa
15. Naito

schoolboykurtley

Bob McCowan (2)
Was speaking to some of my Riverview colleagues who will be attending the 8th wonder of the world tomorrow and they have told me that they are worried about the strength of the cattledogs forward pack after View loss in the forwards battle against Shore who were heavily dominated by us (Joeys) as well. Overall, I believe the heart beat of the team View #9 will inspire his boys after he is heartbroken from last weeks loss in the battle for Smithy.

SBK

schoolboykurtley

Bob McCowan (2)
Was speaking to some of my Riverview colleagues who will be attending the 8th wonder of the world tomorrow and they have told me that they are worried about the strength of the cattledogs forward pack after View loss in the forwards battle against Shore who were heavily dominated by us (Joeys) as well. Overall, I believe the heart beat of the team View #9 will inspire his boys after he is heartbroken from last weeks loss in the battle for Smithy.

SBK
What's the thoughts on the forward battle everyone?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
What's the thoughts on the forward battle everyone?
I think it's pretty clear that the Backline is the stronger facet of the Riverview team. Whilst there are a couple of very good players in the View pack like Cooper and Sekel they have not dominated an opponent in forwards this year (I will say the Lineout has been strong).

Their job has to be to tackle like animals and get as much ball out to the backs as possible.

Gerald Merk

Bob McCowan (2)
Team lists for Shore and Newington this week anyone?
Match Preview- Shore 7ths to play New 5ths
Im expecting the shore team to come out flying this weekend, after coming of a 44-24 win against Riverview 7ths on Northbridge A. Led by B.E.M Duddy (1) and G. Squidge (7) in the forwards, I'm expecting Newington to be unable to handle the ruck work of these fiesty competitors. Special shoutout to B.E.M Duddy who stepped aside from the captaincy role this weekend to put full concentration into his ruck clean out work and forward captain. Newington I believed would of had a slight chance amongst the backs, but with the return of Mack Sooter (10) (c), who has overcome a shoulder rehabilitation, will be unable to handle the backs. M.Sooters kicking game, ball running skills, and passing ability will be too much for Newington to handle on the day, especially paired with T. Tupou's (12) running game at inside centre. My prediction is Shore 32 to Newington 14.

Last edited:

PickandDrive

Bob McCowan (2)
Tomorrow will be one of the greatest experiences for the schoolboys playing at Leichhardt Oval. It will be a great test to see how these boys cope playing in front of these crowds. For nearly everyone playing, it will be the largest crowd they will ever play in front of.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
I have a very close friend who is an Old Boy of SBHS. He calls me Pink & Blue. I call him Sky & Poo.

It's all good fun

ItsNotPink
Agree it is all good fun, it is just sometimes I have Freudian slip when I am bantering with Rob and Subbie
They like to call it "pink"
I would normally reply with "chicken yellow"
But I accidentally I would say, "you are all a bunch of cheating f&#ks!"....I know. Just by accident.

PickandDrive

Bob McCowan (2)
Hello all fellow rugby enjoyers,
Wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the second's competition this week. Expecting a moment week this week in terms of premierships.
I believe it will be a 3 way tie between Joeys, Kings and Scots when it is all said and done. Kings to beat Scots this week and then Joeys will put it over Kings next week playing their last game at home.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Tomorrow will be one of the greatest experiences for the schoolboys playing at Leichhardt Oval. It will be a great test to see how these boys cope playing in front of these crowds. For nearly everyone playing, it will be the largest crowd they will ever play in front of.
I can imagine the noise from the grandstand. By having the school groups side by side it will create an opportunity for a cheer battle, rarely seen these days.

Cockatoo Run

Allen Oxlade (6)
Ok, two rounds to go and who can still win a premiership:

1st XV
Joeys 6
Newington 4
Scots, Shore, View, Kings 2

On balance, Joeys in the box seat with New hoping for a stumble. A View win tomorrow could change the whole competition mood. The trailing pack of Scots, Shore, View and Kings need two Joeys losses (and one from New) to jag a share of a premiership if any win both remaining matches.

2nd XV
Kings, Scots 6
Joeys 4
View 2
Shore, Newington 0

Kings vs Scots this week is a biggie, with the outcome potentially deciding if Joeys can force a joint premiership. If Scots win and they are in the box seat coming into the final round vs Shore. If Kings win they go clear and play Joeys in the last round for an unbeaten premiership. Joeys need a Kings win tomorrow and to beat Kings next week for force a 3-way premiership. Mathematically no one else can gain a share of the premiership.

3rd XV
Joeys 10
Kings, View 8
Shore 6
Grammar, TAS 4
Scots 2
SBHS 0

Unbeaten Joeys have the two teams right behind them in View and Kings to play in the last 2 rounds. One Joeys win guarantees at least a share of the premiership. Tomorrow is View v Joeys and Kings v Scots, next week is View v TAS and Joeys v Kings. This will run right to the wire next week.

PickandDrive

Bob McCowan (2)
I can imagine the noise from the grandstand. By having the school groups side by side it will create an opportunity for a cheer battle, rarely seen these days.
It shall be a match for the ages, I wouldn't be surprised if the school that wins the cheering battle will win the battle being played on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.