• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whataflanker

Stan Wickham (3)
Both went down with head wounds after the head clash. One came off concussed and now not playing for a while, the other had head wound treated and cleared by the doctor to return to the field. All protocols passed and playing this week for that one. Your point is?
Just curious given the commentary about player welfare. All good

Masked Crusader

Ward Prentice (10)
"View were lucky rather than deserved winners"

Spoken like a person who can't accept losing to a better team on the day.
Joeys had plenty of chances and as The Ghost said, Joeys had field position and most possesion yet your observation was that View were lucky.
If and hopefully when View beat Kings in Rd2, I would like you to retract your statement as most champion teams, and I would dare Joeys teams as well, are deserved winners rather than lucky ones.
Gee sensitive. View were lucky to win just like Joeys were lucky to win the after dark game at Lane Cove a few years back. Championship teams absolutely deserve their championships, sometimes they get a little lucky along the way. That’s all part of sport champ. View won, Joeys could have but blew it, they haven’t been good enough to close out the close games this season, 0 from 4 and a -7 differential, close but so far. As things stand Kings is the only team in contention for a championship. If Joeys find some luck (boy oh boy will we need it) perhaps View will be back in the hunt for a premiership before the turn. The second half of the comp will be fun no matter what. Enjoy the footy.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Joeys v Kings @ Heavens Paddock

To many this weekend it seems that this match is a forgone conclusion. Kings will win by many. It is predictable as Kings parents complaining there is no VIP seating for them and the spread after the game does not contain the delights they enjoy most weekends at Kings. The disgrace that there are no English organic cucumber sandwiches with artichoke spread on spinach bread to be seen. They are horrified when they learn there are no Traditional Coronation Chicken with macerated cape raisins on granary bread sandwiches and finally, the shock of learning there are no Morecambe brown shrimp, Isle of Wight Cheddar and savory tartlets. The visgoths….

But, let me remind those who were not born about a time in 2010 when Kings were again the unstoppable juggernaut, who strode across the schoolboy rugby world and struck fear into the hearts of all who dared to challenge them. 10….yes 10 Australian Schoolboy players (selections were done early back then) and brimming with more talent than the now defunct Playboy mansion. White Oval, fertilized with the blood of many who dared to challenge them saw a small, brave pack of cattledogs to challenge them. Joeys had no stars, no major rep players and were expected to end up just like the road kill Kings mum’s create in their new Landrover Discovery when they head to Bowral on the weekends.

The game went as planned. Kings trampled and bashed the brave doggies around. But there was a moment that sparked the Joeys boys. A small unassuming winger caught the ball 60m out from the Kings try line. He did what all wingers must do, back himself, pin the ears back and run like the wind. Outstretched arms could not stop him and he crashed over in the corner to begin the great fight back. Enjoy this.

From that moment on, goliath of the field started to show some doubt. How could such a small team dare stand up to the giants of North Parramatta? As the game progressed the following happened…. take it away Joeys match report.

It was then King’s turn to attack. With minutes remaining King’s were able to regain the lead with a try in the corner by their left winger. The conversion attempt was unsuccessful and, with the score now at 18-20 and only a minute of play remaining, St Joseph’s knew they needed possession. A penalty to King’s followed and all seemed lost.

From the lineout Michael Kovacic was able to gain possession and took play just short of the 22 metre line. From the breakdown James McLean drove forward with great support from Mitchell Brown, James Williams and Nathaniel Deans. From this breakdown St Joseph’s were awarded a penalty for an infringement by King’s.

Angus Le Lievre came forward to take the attempt at goal. To the joy of the St Joseph’s supporters, he converted to make the score 21-20 and give St Joseph’s one of our most memorable victories for many years.

My tip…. Write off the Joeys cattle dogs at your peril.

JOEYS RUGBY-#16.jpg

brumbiesrugby

Trevor Allan (34)
IMO View weren't dominant. They found a way to win a game that was going against them which is something good teams do. Pace of play was very stop start which suited Joeys. Field position would of been 75% in their own half mostly out of handling errors and Joeys set piece being on top. Possession would have been 60/40 to Joeys but the View boys just kept tackling and pounced when opportunity showed.

If Joeys can drag a game into a slower style of play its the only way to have a shot v Kings. I don't see how their Backline would be able to get into a shoot out of attacking play and stay close. Joeys have a good set piece so they should be able to retain all their own ball and at least match up to Kings in that facet. Frustrate them, play field position, take points any time they are on offer and then tackle, tackle, tackle and who knows you might get a 15/12 type score line or another draw which nobody would mind either.
Excellent summary.

The turning point was the woeful pass while they were on attack that View toed thru to regain and draw level. The two players down then sealed it. Opportunities presented themselves and View took them but it certainly wasn't because they were dominating. They just hung in and defended well and we're good enough when it mattered - at the end.

Don't like this change, Klem would be a great 10 but I think he would be wasted as a strict playmaker, he is best at fullback with a lot of space to run and his tackling is top notch, Whatley is a great 10 but lacks the size needed to be a 1st XV fullback.
Collector.
The problem is their inside backs cant get give him the opportunities he deserves at fullback

Summary of Lunchtime footy report at Shore Today
MOTM - James Warner - 3 meat pies- seems like he scores as much as he does in the real game
Preston Scott - 3 drop balls, Great communication on the wing with 'man on' calls and a good out on the full kick from the restart.
Looks like I'll be putting my money on preston to drop a few this thursday.

SSP out
stop dogging presso

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Excellent summary.

The turning point was the woeful pass while they were on attack that View toed thru to regain and draw level. The two players down then sealed it. Opportunities presented themselves and View took them but it certainly wasn't because they were dominating. They just hung in and defended well and we're good enough when it mattered - at the end.
True, that was a woeful pass.

GPSlads

Chris McKivat (8)
Joeys v Kings @ Heavens Paddock

To many this weekend it seems that this match is a forgone conclusion. Kings will win by many. It is predictable as Kings parents complaining there is no VIP seating for them and the spread after the game does not contain the delights they enjoy most weekends at Kings. The disgrace that there are no English organic cucumber sandwiches with artichoke spread on spinach bread to be seen. They are horrified when they learn there are no Traditional Coronation Chicken with macerated cape raisins on granary bread sandwiches and finally, the shock of learning there are no Morecambe brown shrimp, Isle of Wight Cheddar and savory tartlets. The visgoths….

But, let me remind those who were not born about a time in 2010 when Kings were again the unstoppable juggernaut, who strode across the schoolboy rugby world and struck fear into the hearts of all who dared to challenge them. 10….yes 10 Australian Schoolboy players (selections were done early back then) and brimming with more talent than the now defunct Playboy mansion. White Oval, fertilized with the blood of many who dared to challenge them saw a small, brave pack of cattledogs to challenge them. Joeys had no stars, no major rep players and were expected to end up just like the road kill Kings mum’s create in their new Landrover Discovery when they head to Bowral on the weekends.

The game went as planned. Kings trampled and bashed the brave doggies around. But there was a moment that sparked the Joeys boys. A small unassuming winger caught the ball 60m out from the Kings try line. He did what all wingers must do, back himself, pin the ears back and run like the wind. Outstretched arms could not stop him and he crashed over in the corner to begin the great fight back. Enjoy this.

From that moment on, goliath of the field started to show some doubt. How could such a small team dare stand up to the giants of North Parramatta? As the game progressed the following happened…. take it away Joeys match report.

It was then King’s turn to attack. With minutes remaining King’s were able to regain the lead with a try in the corner by their left winger. The conversion attempt was unsuccessful and, with the score now at 18-20 and only a minute of play remaining, St Joseph’s knew they needed possession. A penalty to King’s followed and all seemed lost.

From the lineout Michael Kovacic was able to gain possession and took play just short of the 22 metre line. From the breakdown James McLean drove forward with great support from Mitchell Brown, James Williams and Nathaniel Deans. From this breakdown St Joseph’s were awarded a penalty for an infringement by King’s.

Angus Le Lievre came forward to take the attempt at goal. To the joy of the St Joseph’s supporters, he converted to make the score 21-20 and give St Joseph’s one of our most memorable victories for many years.

My tip…. Write off the Joeys cattle dogs at your peril.

View attachment 16367
I’m writing them off

Ballscollector

Allen Oxlade (6)
The problem is their inside backs cant get give him the opportunities he deserves at fullback
I agree with you here, one of their best and most versatile attacking options seems almost an after thought, my only issue is I don’t see anyone else in the side who can play fullback, Klem is equally as good if not better playing at 13 however Shores current 13 should still be in the side, if Shore decide to blow up the 1sts backline first change I would be making would to get Lewis Kingdom up into the firsts. He has been exceptional in the seconds playing fullback and could definitely be a great option for a lacklustre 1st XV backline.
Collector.

Professor62

Ted Fahey (11)
The 16's age group seems to be very contested, however with Riverview in the clear lead. Scots, Newington, Kings and SHORE although tight contenders. Considering the results from last week, seems to be a very tight and contested competition (SHORE and Kings slightly edging out, Newington and Scots), will definitely be interesting to see how the ladder flips in the next coming weeks.
-Professor

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
the word from kings camp is Boston is Cleared to play this week against joeys.
(should never of been sent of in the first place, Scot’s player jumped almost over him nothing Boston could do)

great news for kings, horrible news for the joeys faithful who look to recreate the joeys miracle of 2010 as joker stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.