• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Schoolboy Import

Frank Row (1)
AAGPS ATHLETICS

Good Evening, today marked a great day in the calendar as the AAGPS athletics carnival kicked off.

It was in my opinion one of the most thrilling to watch AAGPS carnivals.
These were the final results:

Junior

1st Kings

2nd Joeys

3rd Newington

Intermediate

1st Joeys

2nd Scots

3rd Kings

Senior

1st Kings

2nd Newington

3rd Scots

Overall Championship 2022

Kings

All the athletes that competed today should be congratulated on the efforts they have put into today.

All the cheering from all the schools was outstanding to hear and will hopefully be Ditto’d in the future season of rugby.

The Import.

Last edited:

Rudderless

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Under 18's Representative Squads

Next week.....

Tuesday 20th

NSW 2 v Presidents Invitational XV (from SJRU, NSW Country, NSW Schools) at Daceyville at 12 noon (live on Cluch.TV)
NSW 1 v Melb Rebels at Daceyville at 2pm (live on Cluch.TV)

ACT v QLD 1 at Brumbies HQ Canberra at 2pm

Sunday 25th

ACT v NSW 2 at 12.30pm
QLD 2 v Melb Rebels at 2pm
QLD 1 v NSW 1 at 3.30pm

These games are all being played at the Aust Institute of Sport in Canberra.

Immediately after these games an Australian U18's squad will be announced. Players selected will attend a training camp at the AIS from
Sun 25th to Sun 2nd Oct

I am unsure about games for the WA Under 18's team.

I will add to this post if further information is released.

Last edited:

Rugbynbeers

Ted Fahey (11)
AAGPS ATHLETICS

Good Evening, today marked a great day in the calendar as the AAGPS athletics carnival kicked off.

It was in my opinion one of the most thrilling to watch AAGPS carnivals.
These were the final results:

Junior

1st Kings

2nd Joeys

3rd Newington

Intermediate

1st Joeys

2nd Scots

3rd Kings

Senior

1st Kings

2nd Newington

3rd Scots

Overall Championship 2022

Kings

All the athletes that competed today should be congratulated on the efforts they have put into today.

All the cheering from all the schools was outstanding to hear and will hopefully be Ditto’d in the future season of rugby.

The Import.
Amazing day, with some amazing performances. A joeys boy I think broke around 4 records within the 15s age group. Charlie Jefferson is a one in a generation athlete and a tremendous leader for the kings boys today as there captain.

if you haven’t watched The day I highly suggest going on the clutch website and watching the last race of the day followed by kings crowd going mental. It was a moment those boys will never forget.

runningrugbyrules

Frank Nicholson (4)
Seems like we both understand how to assess a credible story and the tenets of basic interrogation. I must say a psych degree and 5 years of investigative interviewing helped me a bit, but you weren’t to know that.

Scepticism is healthy, but outright denial also lacks credibility.

All the best.
So in your interview did he say who from Joeys he spoke to …………………… I’m guessing no

Joker

Ken Catchpole (46)
307460161_151081137254476_7653076056291810216_n.jpg

Syd

Bob McCowan (2)
So in your interview did he say who from Joeys he spoke to …………………… I’m guessing no
He did, it’s why the story stood out. Not sure how prolific it is without the data, but it made me think how many inorganic players there are in an average 1XV team. I think 3 or 4 players could really make a difference year on year and is still more or less in line with the AAGPS charter, if schools are doing more than that per year, It’s a bit much ‘in my humble opinion’

Rudderless

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Amazing day, with some amazing performances. A joeys boy I think broke around 4 records within the 15s age group. Charlie Jefferson is a one in a generation athlete and a tremendous leader for the kings boys today as there captain.

if you haven’t watched The day I highly suggest going on the clutch website and watching the last race of the day followed by kings crowd going mental. It was a moment those boys will never forget.
This is the 10th title win in the Seniors division for the Kings School since 2008

Syd

Bob McCowan (2)
This is the 10th title win in the Seniors division for the Kings School since 2008
Kings seem to be winning alot of sport and keeping up their academic results (other than the warm glow of success) what’s the culture like on the ground out there?