• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
AAGPS ATHLETICS

Good Evening, today marked a great day in the calendar as the AAGPS athletics carnival kicked off.

It was in my opinion one of the most thrilling to watch AAGPS carnivals.
These were the final results:

Junior

1st Kings

2nd Joeys

3rd Newington

Intermediate

1st Joeys

2nd Scots

3rd Kings

Senior

1st Kings

2nd Newington

3rd Scots

Overall Championship 2022

Kings

All the athletes that competed today should be congratulated on the efforts they have put into today.

All the cheering from all the schools was outstanding to hear and will hopefully be Ditto’d in the future season of rugby.

The Import.
Amazing day, with some amazing performances. A joeys boy I think broke around 4 records within the 15s age group. Charlie Jefferson is a one in a generation athlete and a tremendous leader for the kings boys today as there captain.

if you haven’t watched The day I highly suggest going on the clutch website and watching the last race of the day followed by kings crowd going mental. It was a moment those boys will never forget.

runningrugbyrules

Herbert Moran (7)
Seems like we both understand how to assess a credible story and the tenets of basic interrogation. I must say a psych degree and 5 years of investigative interviewing helped me a bit, but you weren’t to know that.

Scepticism is healthy, but outright denial also lacks credibility.

All the best.
So in your interview did he say who from Joeys he spoke to …………………… I’m guessing no

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
307460161_151081137254476_7653076056291810216_n.jpg

Syd

Bob McCowan (2)
So in your interview did he say who from Joeys he spoke to …………………… I’m guessing no
He did, it’s why the story stood out. Not sure how prolific it is without the data, but it made me think how many inorganic players there are in an average 1XV team. I think 3 or 4 players could really make a difference year on year and is still more or less in line with the AAGPS charter, if schools are doing more than that per year, It’s a bit much ‘in my humble opinion’

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
Amazing day, with some amazing performances. A joeys boy I think broke around 4 records within the 15s age group. Charlie Jefferson is a one in a generation athlete and a tremendous leader for the kings boys today as there captain.

if you haven’t watched The day I highly suggest going on the clutch website and watching the last race of the day followed by kings crowd going mental. It was a moment those boys will never forget.
This is the 10th title win in the Seniors division for the Kings School since 2008

Syd

Bob McCowan (2)
This is the 10th title win in the Seniors division for the Kings School since 2008
Kings seem to be winning alot of sport and keeping up their academic results (other than the warm glow of success) what’s the culture like on the ground out there?

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Kings seem to be winning alot of sport and keeping up their academic results (other than the warm glow of success) what’s the culture like on the ground out there?
Hello Syd

As a former teacher, who taught at Kings on a Part-Time basis only just recently, I can say the attitude of the boys in the classroom or around the school, was nothing short of brilliant. On at least two occasions, being new to the school and not aware of where to go, boys without hesitation, walked me to the respective classroom. So the courtesy and cooperation that was shown to me, was breathe taking in its reflection of Kings as a magnificent school. I was told by teachers who coached a number of Rugby teams. That this attitude was duplicated in their training and performance on the Rugby field.

Mind you, it was always like that. In 2010 when Kings, achieve 8 Australian school boy s representatives. The then coach was reputed to have described, coaching that 1st XV as a unpleasant experience. Too much arrogance and a sense of entitlement, that they expected to win. Which they didn't, but rather they lost to two more humble teams that year. Newington and Joeys. Newington were GPS champions that year, but only got I think about three into the Australian schoolboy side.

So Syd, between years teams will vary, Kings If I am correct have been GPS Champions, in 2020. Don't know about 2021. Great school to send a boy to and worth every cent you spent, in terms of school fees. The same holds true at Newington. Just read the way Dusk, writes on this site. Who is in year 12 at Newington.

From this, if any one is considering a GPS school, in which to enrol your son. You cannot go wrong with enrolments, at either Newington or Kings.

Syd

Bob McCowan (2)
Hello Syd

As a former teacher, who taught at Kings on a Part-Time basis only just recently, I can say the attitude of the boys in the classroom or around the school, was nothing short of brilliant. On at least two occasions, being new to the school and not aware of where to go, boys without hesitation, walked me to the respective classroom. So the courtesy and cooperation that was shown to me, was breathe taking in its reflection of Kings as a magnificent school. I was told by teachers who coached a number of Rugby teams. That this attitude was duplicated in their training and performance on the Rugby field.

Mind you, it was always like that. In 2010 when Kings, achieve 8 Australian school boy s representatives. The then coach was reputed to have described, coaching that 1st XV as a unpleasant experience. Too much arrogance and a sense of entitlement, that they expected to win. Which they didn't, but rather they lost to two more humble teams that year. Newington and Joeys. Newington were GPS champions that year, but only got I think about three into the Australian schoolboy side.

So Syd, between years teams will vary, Kings If I am correct have been GPS Champions, in 2020. Don't know about 2021. Great school to send a boy to and worth every cent you spent, in terms of school fees. The same holds true at Newington. Just read the way Dusk, writes on this site. Who is in year 12 at Newington.

From this, if any one is considering a GPS school, in which to enrol your son. You cannot go wrong with enrolments, at either Newington or Kings.
Great to hear, the kings boys I’ve come across were some of the most respectful I’ve encountered, glad to see the success hasn’t gone to ‘most’ of their heads ;-)

RedOrDead

Ted Thorn (20)

Definitely not the same school since the old headmaster retired. A lot of boys/parents not a fan of the new guy, which of course is detrimental to the culture of the school. However, in saying that, the culture around their athletics program is world class. Ben Gavin (head of athletics) is a champion of the sport. Still succeeding in academics too.

Reactions: Syd
Status
Not open for further replies.