• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

QUADE-

Frank Row (1)
Angus (Beers) Masters getting around in the fourths had an exceptional game against the Newington 3rds. After getting the call up from the 5ths he put his front foot forward and lead the boys to a tight triumph over the more physical boys from the inner west. One for the future.
lets hope cob stays fit during the off season and doesn't let his feening addiction to the beers get the better of him

putitthroughthehands

Herbert Moran (7)
Angus (Beers) Masters getting around in the fourths had an exceptional game against the Newington 3rds. After getting the call up from the 5ths he put his front foot forward and lead the boys to a tight triumph over the more physical boys from the inner west. One for the future.
Is that the bloke that started in the 2s and ended up in the 5ths?

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
Feedback from players from many schools and Cluch viewers is the JS White is the best rugby field for players and spectators - perhaps there is a bit of jealously from Joeys supporters about the 'lower paddock'
You're funny. Best field, with daylight not even 2nd, is Joeys. Best viewing is Joeys, Scots, View, Shore and then Kings. If you include Grammar, then Weigall is up there with Joeys as the stands cover the entire field right up on the sideline

KOB2001

Frank Row (1)
Haven't posted in while,
I've watched each Kings game on clutch and I've found something that I'm very surprised that Hadley Tonga (11) VERY RARELY gets the ball. And when he does he breaks 2 tackles at minimum. As a player who is a Rugby Australia prospect, I'd think you would try give him some more ball like last year.

It also pains me to say this but I'm unsure if Kings will win undefeated. Without Durbidge's pilfers and Fakafanua's intercepts that have saved kings on more than one occasion, I think an upset is brewing. But, if they continue the form they started last week, I think they can do it, it's just about consistent performance for kings, they shouldn't have to rely on Durbidge and Fakafanua to come to the rescue.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on these two subjects.

InsiderScoop

Sydney Middleton (9)
Tips Tuesday
Get them soon.

Scores please???

View attachment 16962

@Joker

View vs Scots Fixture. View 15D played Scots 15Bs.

Screen Shot 2023-07-25 at 11.38.17 am.png

@

Rudderless

Cyril Towers (30)
Haven't posted in while,
I've watched each Kings game on clutch and I've found something that I'm very surprised that Hadley Tonga (11) VERY RARELY gets the ball. And when he does he breaks 2 tackles at minimum. As a player who is a Rugby Australia prospect, I'd think you would try give him some more ball like last year.

It also pains me to say this but I'm unsure if Kings will win undefeated. Without Durbidge's pilfers and Fakafanua's intercepts that have saved kings on more than one occasion, I think an upset is brewing. But, if they continue the form they started last week, I think they can do it, it's just about consistent performance for kings, they shouldn't have to rely on Durbidge and Fakafanua to come to the rescue.

Agreed with your observation. Hadley is a scoring machine.

THROW HIM THE BALL

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Haven't posted in while,

Welcome KOB :)

dribble

Frank Nicholson (4)
If View can replicate their efforts on Saturday they will topple the King(s). As a team they have a very good team performance with every player working to compliment the bloke next to them. This has been typical of a Joeys team in years past and reckon it will get them over the line. Riverview forwards provide a very strong platform for the backline.

Kings - great individual players. Watching back last weekend game it seemed to be won more by the efforts of individuals. I think the Kings 12, 13 and 14 had great games. Wasn't overly impressed with the forward pack except the 7 who seemed yet again to dominate the work rate. New were poor and again did not deliver any of the hype going into 2023 but they have a few injuries.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
Unless you sit in the Brother Henry Stand as per the second photo, viewing sucks at Joeys and that is only possible if you are a Joey boy. So it's no surprise that it's the Joey boys that rave on about it. As seen from Cluch, the temporary and non-existent stands and fence for the opposition and the portable toilets to the right 'are a treat'. The surface is great but so is the JS White with drainage - it used to be a mud pit. Having played at Joeys as a kicker, I would also say that the wind can also be a problem, especially from the south, as it can be at Northbridge. I repeat, the vast majority of feedback from players and cluch viewers is, the King's main is the best for viewers and players. The recent canteen food offerings and service needs some work - used to be much better.
Joeys is clearly the best oval .. from the playing pitch, closeness to the field for viewing and most importantly atmosphere.. 99% of games at joeys have a large crowd because … you guested it .. you’re playing Joeys … so other schools make a effort to show up ..

not knocking kings at all , I always enjoyed playing there, I like the stands and layout .. good hospitality the field is nice (except for the cricket pitch sometime ) .. but.. if it isn’t a full crowd it can feel a little empty..

Status
Not open for further replies.