• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
Rugbynbeers

I agree that to be 7-0 Kings must have performed well as a team, but there are some very talented individuals in the Kings XV that can turn a game if the team is below par. Not many schools this year have had that luxury which makes View's team performances imo better for the callibre of players. Kings will be deserved winners ( and I have tipped them to go 10-0) but hope View can spoil the party.

so if view didn’t have the likes of Grover and dillion would they still be the same team ?

Rudderless

Cyril Towers (30)
Congratulations to those AAGPS boys who have been invited into the Under 16's Waratahs/Gen Blue program.
For those that missed out, it doesn’t mean your any less of a player, just keep learning and enjoying your footy.

1690273533162.png

1690273553989.png

1690273575380.png

Last edited:

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Not for opposing fans on a sunny winters day the far side of the pitch.
Joeys faithful on comfortable seating in a tiered stand, toilets to hand, with the sun at their back - on one side.
Opposing fans on hard bench seating with limited elevation staring into the setting sun on the visitors side.
As a gesture of goodwill maybe Joeys should switch things around to accommodate their guests in greater comfort........worth raising at the next committee meeting Joker???:oops:
And Shore can do the same.
And Scots can do the same
And Kings can actually have a grandstand and not a grassy hill kilometers from the sideline.
Don't get me started at the swamp......

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Not for opposing fans on a sunny winters day the far side of the pitch.
Joeys faithful on comfortable seating in a tiered stand, toilets to hand, with the sun at their back - on one side.
Opposing fans on hard bench seating with limited elevation staring into the setting sun on the visitors side.
As a gesture of goodwill maybe Joeys should switch things around to accommodate their guests in greater comfort........worth raising at the next committee meeting Joker???:oops:
The Jacks end of the stand is traditionally kept for visiting parents. It’s just the don’t turn up until 3pm…..

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
The Jacks end of the stand is traditionally kept for visiting parents. It’s just the don’t turn up until 3pm…..
Last weekend, while a bunch of rowdy Shore lads came with a big drum, there was a very poor turn out of student supporters.
This is typical with View and Kings maybe coming close to match the Joeys army of the Western Front.....I mean sideline.

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
And Shore can do the same.
And Scots can do the same
And Kings can actually have a grandstand and not a grassy hill kilometers from the sideline.
Don't get me started at the swamp......
Now now Joker, at Scots we let you lesser people gaze apon the beautiful "Main Building" and we even thought ahead so in 2052 (Slated for completion) you can, off to your right, take in the wonders of the Scots Castle.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Now now Joker, at Scots we let you lesser people gaze apon the beautiful "Main Building" and we even thought ahead so in 2052 (Slated for completion) you can, off to your right, take in the wonders of the Scots Castle.
Meanwhile at Scots College
Darth Lambert and Lord Pather survey the building progress

1690280319357.png
1690280091295.png

As a Scots OB and parent, if we don't win the premiership next year something is seriously wrong with the rugby program. I don't know much about other school's other year groups but Kings and View (best 2 this year) seem very Year 12 heavy. With 3 u16s Australian Schoolboys last year (Fittler, Jaques and Brial) coming up with the likes of Onitoni Large and possibly his brother. AND Aidan Gow. Very talented backline with Brial, Ulcoq and Guerin all being representatives coming up in the forwards we surely need to win.

And yes I know, can't just be a team of superstars. But the backline of Soepono, Jaques, Fittler and McKenzie have been playing together since year 8 and apart from Fittler since prep school.

I need some outside thoughts on this to bump me back down to earth.
backline will be very good... tight 5 looks not as stong

mr footy head

Stan Wickham (3)
it will be interesting to see how the Kings boys go playing away from home they have seemed to struggle more when playing away. I think with a strong side such as Riverview they will absolutely put the Kings' boys the Sword on their home turf with I'm sure a massive crowd behind them singing the best war cries in the GPS loud and clear from the fr mac. it will also be interesting to see how the Kings' boys go when faced with a bit of adversity for the first time this year.

bound to be a cracker of a game

view by 69
#uptheretheviewboys!!!!!!!!!

Overtheball

Stan Wickham (3)
I find it laughable, people suggesting Kings is more a team of stars, rather than a great team (mostly by people making a comparison to View).

Many of Kings tries are scored by a rolling maul, or forwards working as a group doing ‘pick and drives’. This is the epitome of rugby team work. The Kings hooker, Bailey Park must be quite high up on the try scorers list.
The wingers also score plenty of tries, and the ball doesn’t just get out to the wingers by accident.

There have been some wonderful individual tries as well, don’t get me wrong. But when the Kings team click, their best is just better than the rest this year. Kings seem to score their points in clusters of three or four quick tries.
They haven’t maintained this for 70 minutes, but they are still better at scoring more points than the opposition in every match this season.

The price paid for the big forward pack seems to be fatigue late in the second half. But no one has been able to adequately prevent the damage being done in the first three quarters of the match, and then come home over the top of the Kings team.

Lepale

Frank Nicholson (4)
Cant forget the 14, extremely gifted player but has been very unlucky with injury

I'm sure all the king's supporters are happy that the first xv boys have returned in one piece after I'm sure a great time back home in the Pacific islands
Thats not on mate you better watch what you say about the PI boys otherwise you will get the Island slap on your mouth. They're only boys with talents.

Status
Not open for further replies.