• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

harryfromhay

Allen Oxlade (6)
Wednesday Tipping!

View v Kings have been splitting the tipsters. Will the Parramattta Cows be able to run as freely as they are used to on the swamp lands of the wolves lair? Some are tipping the wild ones will be victorious and spoil the perfect record. No team has done 10 from 10 in the competition. Others though are pointing to the star studded bovine who have the ability to turn the game (and its herd) on its hoof.

What's your tip?

Others seem to have Joeys favorites as the full compliment of cattle dogs are back on deck with the heavy artillery now in place. Scots still has friends but Shore has it fans who sense the Death Star is crumbling and they are ripe for the picking after the thermal exhaust port was discovered. Battle at Stirling bridge will be entertaining.

View attachment 16985
View by 3
Joeys by 10
Scots by 3

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Real question is:

Which GPS school is most Bogan?

Joeys?
Cyclopath 1.gif

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
My list of top 10 players to look out for next yr (Very interchangeable)

1. Leo Jacques (S) - Aus 16's last year, Gps 1sts this year. Electric player, big things to come.
2. Toby Brial (S) - Aus 16's last year, Gps 1sts this year. Great ball runner - carrying scots' pack this year.
3. Marshall Le maitre (E) - Aus 16's last year, Gps 2nds this year. Excellent defender, pilferer and runner for his size.
4. Ontoni Large (S) - Extremely fast and skillfull. Will be yr 11 next year as well. Exciting player.
5. Justice Taumepau (J) - Will be U16's next year but has a massive impact of Joeys pack. Extraordinary player for his age.
6. Luca Cleverley (N) - Aus 16's last year, Gps 1sts this year. Good ball carrier and defender, sticking out for New this year.
7. Tom Hartman (I) - Still 2 years young and doing great things for riverview on the wing this year
8. James Warner (E) - Great hooker coming through shore, has GPS 1s potential next yr
9. Issac Fonua (K) - U16 player playing in a world class Kings forward pack. Great player with great fundamentals.
10. Charlie Ulcoq (S) - GPS 3s, Been very good for scots this year.

Honourable Mentions: Gus Grover (I), Arthur Greer (J), Toby Rodwell (N), Tallis Mcewen (N), Fin Bartlett (S). Plenty more good players for next season. Let me know your thoughts.
Nice write up.

Scots are going to have the feel of what Kings do this year with genuine weapons across the Backline all experienced by the time they get to yr12. Tight 5 is going to be the biggest factor for them. Kings have an outstanding Pack to let their Backs play from.

Question: If the AAGPS was a league compitition, which schools would be up there

My guess would be newington (Casey mclean, matt humphries, rodwell) would be good as well as View (Joe Dillon, Leon Mason Bunton)

Interested to hear everyones thoughts and maybe a GPS 1st 13 for a league team

Question: If the AAGPS was a league compitition, which schools would be up there

My guess would be newington (Casey mclean, matt humphries, rodwell) would be good as well as View (Joe Dillon, Leon Mason Bunton)

Interested to hear everyones thoughts and maybe a GPS 1st 13 for a league team
1. James Warner
2. Liam Grover
3. Casey Mclean
4. Tyrese Lokeni
5. Hadley Tonga
6. Boston Fakafuana
7. Joe Dillon
8. Edwin Langi
9. Benji Noble
10. Lapina Ata
11. Leon Mason Bunton
12. Austin Durbridge
13. Pat Young
14. Leo Jacques
15. Toby Brial
16. Hamish Grover
17. Marshall Lemiatre
18. Preston Scott

Blood Sweat and Beers

Stan Wickham (3)
Don't underestimate the battle of the big boys this weekend at the 'swamp.'

H.Grover will have a point to prove this week, being overlooked for GPS 1s and NSW 18s for Edwin Langi and B.Park who are no doubt class players, look out for him to have some moments of front row greatness that will really get the crowd going.

After a great game last week vs Scots, the View tight 5 will know doubt finish strong, but will they be able to withstand the kings initial punch?

Thoughts?

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
THURSDAY is TIPSDAY!

Time is running out. As always, no tips and you will be given the away team which this week looks pretty strong.
It is the margin tipping where the points are. You pick the exact margin you get 10 points, with 5 above the margin you get 5 points.
Tipping trends are seeing some strong backing for View and Shore who are smelling another win against the pig squeezers.

Good luck

1690413838435.png

SimonPhillips

Bob McCowan (2)
2024 Riverview Confirmed 1st XV lineup:

1) Joe Paii
2) Will Hodge
3) Connor Dempsey
4) Dan Saunders
5) Dempsey
6) Conna
7) Sam Blakers
8) Charlie Rathbounre
9) Angus Grover and/or Ed Carter (dependent on his attitude)
10) Osbourne
11) Ben Bousie
12) Max Mason
13) Tom Hartman
14) Charlie Watson
15) Jeremy Newton

Last edited:

throughthehands

Bob McCowan (2)
THURSDAY is TIPSDAY!

Time is running out. As always, no tips and you will be given the away team which this week looks pretty strong.
It is the margin tipping where the points are. You pick the exact margin you get 10 points, with 5 above the margin you get 5 points.
Tipping trends are seeing some strong backing for View and Shore who are smelling another win against the pig squeezers.

Good luck

View attachment 17009
Kings + 14
Joeys + 14
Scots + 10

Last edited:

Professor62

Ted Fahey (11)
My tips,
View v Kings, 12-21, best game of the season, although don't see kings loosing this one.
Joeys v Newo, 36-17, Great game but i see joeys backing up again.
Scots V Shore, 22-32, can see Shore bouncing back from the loss to get over the top.
-Professor

2024 Riverview Confirmed 1st XV lineup:

1) Joe Paii
2) Will Hodge
3) Connor Dempsey
4) Dan Saunders
5) Hamish Long
6) Ryan Devlin
7) Sam Blakers
8) Charlie Rathbounre
9) Angus Grover and/or Ed Carter (dependent on his attitude)
10) Denzel Wong
11) Ben Bousie
12) Max Mason
13) Tom Hartman
14) Charlie Watson
15) Jeremy Newton
Are Long, Devlin, Rathborn, Wong all a year young and repeating?

Status
Not open for further replies.