• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr footy head

Stan Wickham (3)
Yes, Angus (Gus) Phillips, great player. He would be looking to have a huge season for the boys in the Blue and White next year off the back of a great year in terms of NSW schools 2 selection and a pivotal contribution to the success of the 1st XV this year. Ollie from Orange, silly to leave out such an impactful player.

ORF
Yeah, agree with you on this one ORF. ollie from orange clearly hasn't watched to much of Angus Phillips this year.

#uptheretheviewboys

Yes, Angus (Gus) Phillips, great player. He would be looking to have a huge season for the boys in the Blue and White next year off the back of a great year in terms of NSW schools 2 selection and a pivotal contribution to the success of the 1st XV this year. Ollie from Orange, silly to leave out such an impactful player.

ORF
sorry forgot him, but i heard daniel saunders is considering a move to hooker

mr footy head

Stan Wickham (3)
Will have a crack, obviously a lot changes between now and next season but I’ve been following the 16As closely and can give a decent shout.

1. Ed Cowdery/Charlie Armati (16As)
2. James Warner (1sts)
3. Felix Harvison (3rds)
4. Ed Baxter (1sts)
5. Charlie Galligan (16As)
6. Angus Reardon (2nds)
7. Marshall Le Maitre (1sts)
8. Ethan Hamilton (2nds)
9. Jack Binnie (2nds)
10. Alex Segeart (2nds)
11. Preston Scott (2nds)
12. Henry Conick (1sts)
13. Charlie Francis (16As)
14. Ollie Mackellar (1sts)
15. Lewis Kingdom (2nds)

Had to consult many team lists to pull out all of these names but this is my best shot at a full XV, obviously other boys who could make it and some players moving positions (14 and 13 swapping possibly). Happy to discuss the team with anyone and most likely have forgotten some deserving boys.
Edit: Did not realise 2nds number 8 was in year 11, he will most definitely be in the 1st XV come next year.
Collector.
if this is the predicted shore team for next year it looks like they will struggle again next year, unfortunately.

mr footy head

Stan Wickham (3)
Sam Sharman in for a big game after having a good game last week I was lucky enough to talk to him after the game and he said he was motivated by the Bellevue Hill effect.
I was also lucky enough to speak to him after the game and he said "I played through the injuries today due to a few of the girls that I saw when walking out of the tunnel and wanted to do my best to play a good game to impress them."

interesting words from sam sharman but just thought i would mention it on the forum for everyone.

#uptheretheviewboys

Game_Day_Ritual

Sydney Middleton (9)
2024 Riverview Confirmed 1st XV lineup:

1) Joe Paii
2) Will Hodge
3) Connor Dempsey
4) Dan Saunders
5) Dempsey
6) Conna
7) Sam Blakers
8) Charlie Rathbounre
9) Angus Grover and/or Ed Carter (dependent on his attitude)
10) Osbourne
11) Ben Bousie
12) Max Mason
13) Tom Hartman
14) Charlie Watson
15) Jeremy Newton
what a line up. (Connor " the real" Dempsey. Dan the man S, Ed "t shirts", Max "the beast" Maso. Tommy H and Charlie Watttttoooooooooo

Game_Day_Ritual

Sydney Middleton (9)

ORF
OFO maybe he's at the Lord Anson on the Orange Wombat juice :)

Oldboy

Frank Nicholson (4)
List of schools that allow spectators to bring a loaded esky and BBQ (seafood platter in the case of Scots visiting) and set up on the hill:

1. Kings

and there is actually a licensed bar (tent) on homecoming (reunion) day, which is actually the final round v Joeys this year.
...i would also add list of schools that have off street parking. Sounds like a small issue but parking reasonably close without pissing neighbours off and getting a parking ticket is a real issue at many schools. Kings, View and Shore sometimes allow parking on school grounds. Scots, New and Joeys can be a shit fight. Better off catching public transport to New.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
With all your powers @Joker, can you bring him back to life?
Well, lets see. Iggy was a controversial figure and the auditions were brilliant to watch (I saw one once)
There are photos and video online but rules prohibit me from sharing. Doesn't take long to find them.
For those who do not know about Iggy, I supply the urban dictionary below.

1690419078039.png

Kings seem to have their own, albeit a lot tamer, version of Iggie.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
...i would also add list of schools that have off street parking. Sounds like a small issue but parking reasonably close without pissing neighbours off and getting a parking ticket is a real issue at many schools. Kings, View and Shore sometimes allow parking on school grounds. Scots, New and Joeys can be a shit fight. Better off catching public transport to New.
Kings are on 140 hectares. No brainer really.
View has the big hill but is a bun fight to get out afterwards and then out of the neighbourhood
Shore open up the back ovals which is a great idea. Departing takes patience but it flows.
Newington.....local kids steal your hub caps. Take the train as I do.

Oldboy

Frank Nicholson (4)
This might be a bit too subjective but I guess that's the fun of these forums.

What schools have the best war cries??

I mean Joeys are always loudest due to their boarder population but school's like Kings with their orchestra of trumpets and the such and Scots' bagpipes always add a lift. What do you reckon?
...dont know if others have noticed but the addition of a Tongan war cry by Kings given Kings location is very.........smart and justified!

SimonPhillips

Bob McCowan (2)
I know devlin is because he played 16A last year, not sure about the others.

Ill try a better crack

1. Joe Graves
2. Daniel Saunders
3. Will Hodge
4. Daniel Saunders
5. Dom Cabot
6. Daniel Osbourne
7. Henri Dempsey
8. Phoenix Graham
9. Ed Carter
10. Sam Terry
11. Charlie Watson
12. Jeremy Newton
13. Tom Hartman
14. Rupert Fulton
15. Archie Matthews
No Connor Dempsey?!!!! he has been a standout for me in the 3rd XV competition this season. He is a valuable asset to the Riverview rugby program, and definitely someone to keep an eye out for next season and for years to come.

The stage is set for the biggest game of the GPS season to date. A win for kings sees them go home with the premiership, a win for view keeps their hopes alive of a true underdog story.

At 3:15 this Saturday, Riverview have a chance to make up for their close loss to kings in Parramatta a few months ago, they have a full strength team (not including Charlie Bull) a home crowd, and are playing with passion.

Kings are aiming to seal the deal, continuing their dominance in the last few years. They have size over Riverview, but seem to give in later in the game.

I honestly cant wait to watch, some players I will be looking at

View: Liam Grover, Joe Dillon, Tom Hartman, Pat Spora
Kings: Hadley Tonga, Edwin Langi, Austin Durbridge

View by 14

Status
Not open for further replies.