• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Anyone know what High have numbers wise in the lower age groups?

Probably unpopular but there is a point where it’s untenable and Newington offer a better option for all.

Unless there is a complete policy change within NSW Education (which there won’t) they will never be competitive in Rugby. I feel bad saying this because the boys playing don’t deserve it but the system they are administered by has done this to them.
I thought I read on this Forum that High have 10 teams. For comparison, Grammar only have 8. Grammar (v High) won most games that I saw on the weekend fairly comfortably. I have heard that High are making some effort to encourage rugby playing boys to the school. The High teams I saw played with great spirit but their depth across the 15 players was found wanting against the Grammar teams.

RugbyHead213

Frank Row (1)
Morning All,

With King's close to putting together a 10-0 season, would just like to hear everyones opinion on the best AAGPS Schoolboy teams in history (e.g., Joeys 2018, Kings 2020, etc.)

Enjoy, Rugby Head

Frostiesview

Peter Burge (5)
Morning All,

With King's close to putting together a 10-0 season, would just like to hear everyones opinion on the best AAGPS Schoolboy teams in history (e.g., Joeys 2018, Kings 2020, etc.)

Enjoy, Rugby Head

joeys 2018 are hard to have in this conversation when they lost to kings that year who beat them at hunters hill.

only reason kings weren’t outright prems is due to having 7 injuries in the 1st xv agaisnt newo. But this is no exuse as injuries are apart of the comp.

Not saying the best team in history at all - But view in 2021 had unlimited potential.

1. Hamish Glasscock
2. Rex Collins
3. George Coates
4. Louis Dalrymple
5. Ben Morton
6. Tim Seckle
7. Liam Dempsey
8. Sam Allslop
9. Dan Nelson
10. Jack Bowen
11. Will Perkins
12. Henry Oddonnell
13. Max Threlkeld
14. Will Granger
15. Jack Matthews

Reserves

Lachie Quinn
Oliver Cain
John Mccaffery
Felix Connors
Julian Caillol
Liam Grover

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
These are by records one of Joeys best

1923.jpg

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Tuesday tipping

Already the pattern is showing that Shore may just get up over Newington. Fans have lost faith after a strong start to the season. Questions being asked at the moment among supporters of what direction is needed. Scots and Kings are remarkably spilt with some thinking the curse of the Death Star playing a part. While Scots have not had the most productive of seasons they still possess some serious firepower that can rattle even the biggest of the Parramatta herd. Finally, plenty are picking Joeys over View. The prevailing thinking is View may be deflated after last weeks second half trampling and the resurgent cattle dogs playing on heavens pasture will be too much to handle, just like the "Rower" at the BBQ. Get one this weekend before the reunion lads swoop

1690838090043.png

Last edited:

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Grammar need to beat Kings first.
I'll back them. Watched Grammar beat View and know they got past Joeys as well. View got the win v Kings on the weekend gone and I know it's swings n roundabouts but they are more than capable of giving themselves a shot at a joint Premiership.

Kings v Joeys in 2nds in the final round as well for the same thing in all likelihood.

Will we have 5 Premiers across 3 trophies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I'll back them. Watched Grammar beat View and know they got past Joeys as well. View got the win v Kings on the weekend gone and I know it's swings n roundabouts but they are more than capable of giving themselves a shot at a joint Premiership.

Kings v Joeys in 2nds in the final round as well for the same thing in all likelihood.

Will we have 5 Premiers across 3 trophies.
Joeys got a draw along the way so as long as Kings win this weekend (assuming no draws) the final match will be for outright honours.

Speedy

Stan Wickham (3)
Tuesday tipping

Already the pattern is showing that Shore may just get up over Newington. Fans have lost faith after a strong start to the season. Questions being asked at the moment among supporters of what direction is needed. Scots and Kings are remarkably spilt with some thinking the curse of the Death Star playing a part. While Scots have not had the most productive of seasons they still possess some serious firepower that can rattle even the biggest of the Parramatta herd. Finally, plenty are picking Joeys over View. The prevailing thinking is View may be deflated after last weeks second half trampling and the resurgent cattle dogs playing on heavens pasture will be too much to handle, just like the "Rower" at the BBQ. Get one this weekend before the reunion lads swoop

View attachment 17070
Shore +3
View +8
Scots +1

johnredman

Bob McCowan (2)
Big week this week with View and Joeys. Big Wally Walker following in his dads legacy is ready to rip right into the Joeys 6ths starting lineup with loved up Jack Jani and Ignatius Houston!!!!!! Walt is coming for you!!!!
Walters been playing some incredible footy recently but if Ignatius Houston gets a run i think view should be worried, the running game on that man is unmatched. Tell jack henry to get his backs organised too after the joeys boys ran circles around Waverley 4s last weekend

The "glory days"

Bob McCowan (2)
I think this years' Kings team will be the greatest, they have 10 Generation BLUE player, 3 NSW SCHOOLS players and the rest are GPS representatives, they should have 6 AUSSIE schoolboys compared to the other GPS schools who will have 3 combined. Complete dominance.

Status
Not open for further replies.