• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Kings have a +- $2.9Mill video for 20k Youtube views ROI. Pretty sure, may need confirmation though.
Wait, what? Are you saying they have made that?

Like to know what deal you have with YouTube…. 20k views might be worth $80-$100

I love all the videos out there. A lot of blokes have got themselves professional work out of these. Your putting together a catalogue

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Last schoolboys/U18 pathway pic attached I’ve seen and i think hasn’t changed too much.

Biggest change is boys playing Sydney colts and under 18 can play Australian Schools/U18

So players like Jonty Fowler who left Joeys quite young and plays Syd Uni First Colts and some First Grade can/will probably be picked for Gen Blue U/18 and Australian Schools/U18 team

Current Team Lists

minor correction. Joey Fowler left last year, Jonty is still at Joeys in yr 11. All that alliteration can get confusing... Joey is playing for Uni and is in the Rebels system so won't play Gen Blue but he is definitely a candidate for Schools and U18's.

Great to see some the arrogance wiped from the Kings supporters. Yes you have won the premieship but a draw and you are all very quiet. Watched back the replay and didn’t see the same dominance from their forward pack. One of their forwards even came off the field in a clean jersey.

View boys played a cracking game today - shame they dont get a chance, I think kings will really struggle to get back to last weeks form
Always next year Legend!

Flat out

Frank Nicholson (4)
Thanks Dusk

AFL GF Tonight. View (defending champs ) v Newington ( undefeated 2023 ).
Unfortunately some talented athletes not playing our game. Sad and getter worse
Terrible attitude champ! Kids should be encouraged to play whatever sport they want - not what some dinosaur thinks they should play.

VENEGANCE_rugby

Bob McCowan (2)
Terrible attitude champ! Kids should be encouraged to play whatever sport they want - not what some dinosaur thinks they should play.
in light of the results of the match aligning with the prediction and that being an absolute flogging, I think its safe to keep afl off the NSW AAGPS 2023 forum

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
After watching the games,

Kings were a little down on their previous performances and Scots certainly played above their position on the ladder. Scots forwards, led by Brial, gave them good go forward and kept Kings at bay. Scots backs finally defended better and let 15 run the show very well. Scots could have won ( deservedly ? ) but Kings did enough and expect a big improvement against Joeys at Parramatta.

I can't tip Newington and I didn't. Shore had the game under control ( just wished they closed it out last week against Scots )and played really well. They have some very good players and will be a force next year as well. Shore rugby is on the rise and hopefully success is around the corner. Newington, coming into this season as one of the favs, is last and will take out the wooden spoon this week.

Joeys vs View. Great atmosphere and very good game. Both sides had their chance yet View did enough. I thought View would have been down a little after their close loss against Kings ( it was Kings that were down ) but View lifts against Joeys and this View team is a very good team. Let by 10, View scored some great tries and held Joeys. Though Joeys, as mentioned, did well in the first half playing a forward game with Doyle but started going too much side ways in the second half and were never really threatening the View's defence. View will be too strong for Shore this week at home ( although Shore will push them ) and finish a very credible second.

Tips rd 10 :
Scots by 14
View by 18
Kings by 7

Last edited by a moderator:

Whataflanker

Stan Wickham (3)

Kings were a little down on their previous performances and Scots certainly played above their position on the ladder. Scots forwards, led by Brial, gave them good go forward and kept Kings at bay. Scots backs finally defended better and let 15 run the show very well. Scots could have won ( deservedly ? ) but Kings did enough and expect a big improvement against Joeys at Parramatta.

I can't tip Newington and I didn't. Shore had the game under control ( just wished they closed it out last week against Scots )and played really well. They have some very good players and will be a force next year as well. Shore rugby is on the rise and hopefully success is around the corner. Newington, coming into this season as one of the favs, is last and will take out the wooden spoon this week.

Joeys vs View. Great atmosphere and very good game. Both sides had their chance yet View did enough. I thought View would have been down a little after their close loss against Kings ( it was Kings that were down ) but View lifts against Joeys and this View team is a very good team. Let by 10, View scored some great tries and held Joeys. Though Joeys, as mentioned, did well in the first half playing a forward game with Doyle but started going too much side ways in the second half and were never really threatening the View's defence. View will be too strong for Shore this week at home ( although Shore will push them ) and finish a very credible second.

Tips rd 10 :
Scots by 14
View by 18
Kings by 7

Comment :
The game begins when the players walk on the field. The sportsmanship, respect for each other and the opposition and good faith is on show when the two teams line up in front of each other. Handshakes are exchanged and the whistle is blown. Joeys vs View is the main game on the AAGPS Rugby calendar. Current students, Old Boys, coaches and parents are all there watching intently. All of us are a part of this great tradition.
Last year, on at least three occasions, a certain Joeys player ( his name and number have been previously mentioned so I won't do it ), did not shake hands with opposition players when beginning the game ( and one occasion an opposition player chased after him and the Joeys player ran off ). This was posted and we were told that this player had been spoken to by coaches etc and because he was in yr 11 and young, he would learn from this "minor" indiscretion. After watching it happen again on Saturday, it was a kick in the face for all the Joeys and View supporters. If this player thinks it's ok to disrespect his school and the opposition he is a poor example for young players. After repeated offences, he should be stood down form his last game for Joeys. He may learn his lesson of humility and when he faces the All Blacks, he may respect the games traditions and not turn his back on it. Joeys coaches would have had a tough decision for captain this year. The no. 9 or this particular player. The no9. is all class in every sense of the word. At least they got that right. I won't comment on this again but if there are any Joeys coaches reading this or if anyone can say something, IMO this is important. Tell the player to pull his head in, be gracious enough to shake your opponents hand before and after the game and play the game hard and fair. That's a complete player
Completely agree with your comment (getting in before Joker complains and it gets removed)

Joker

Greg Davis (50)

Tips rd 10 :
Scots by 14
View by 18
Kings by 7
Please. No more. The kid cannot defend himself. I was banned in 2021 for comments like this. We just can’t make negative comments on school kids. Best is to hope you meet him one day to explain as he did to me. Please bullocks. You make excellent contributions but think again. Be better.

Last edited by a moderator:

RushingRob

Chris McKivat (8)
Looks like an easy tipping round ahead,

Kings, Scots and View should get the cookies, Joeys might make it really tough for Kings but Kings at home might prove too tough. Then again, you can never really count Joeys out.

Status
Not open for further replies.