• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double Badger

Stan Wickham (3)
Gotta say I love watching Noble play for View. Does everything you want a 7 to do. He’s there in cover defence, pilfers and a link from forwards to backs through support play. Backs are getting a lot of credit and deserved but when he gets in there and makes a pass it creates overlaps.
Yep Noble, never seen a bloke bounce back onto his feet so quickly. View pack recycle the ball very well and he's a big part of that as well.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
As we draw close to the of the year we begin our votes for best of the AAGPS. So why not share your thoughts below.

1. Best game (1st XV only)
2. Best home supporters
3. Best game atmosphere
4. Best BBQ item
5. Best traveling supporters (Joeys excluded)
6. Best meat pie
7. Best parking
8. Best after game hospitality

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
Best game : View v Kings rd 2
Best home supporters : View ( sorry Joker )
Best game atmosphere : Joeys v View games
Best BBQ : Newington BBQ on reunion day
Traveling supporters : View
Best meat pie : Shore original
Best parking : None
Best after game hospitality : Don't know, Don't care as I'm never there

Double Badger

Stan Wickham (3)
Best game View v Kings rd 1
Atmosphere View Joeys at Leichardt, have to be biggest crowd.
Food Shore
Parking Kings
Supporters View, Shore, Kings not much in it. Home and away, Schools with bigger boarding houses at an advantage.
Not qualified on the other categories.

Professor62

Ted Fahey (11)
As we draw close to the of the year we begin our votes for best of the AAGPS. So why not share your thoughts below.

2. Best home supporters
3. Best game atmosphere
4. Best BBQ item
6. Best meat pie
7. Best parking
Best parking would have to either go to SHORE or KINGS who open up their back fields for spectators.
Best meat pie JOEYS
Best game athmosphere would have to be when SHORE played VIEW on the Thursday afternoon. Very one sided but SHORES athmosphere was unmatched.
Best BBQ item KINGS chicken and chips hits hard
-Professor

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)

2. Best home supporters
3. Best game atmosphere
4. Best BBQ item
6. Best meat pie
7. Best parking
1. View v Joeys rd 2 (close behind is Scots v Joeys rd1)
2. I think View have been really on this year. Credit to the boys as much as the team.
3. View v Joeys rd2
4. Rower at Joeys
5. View again but Kings got behind their boys at the View away game. Loud and rowdy. I think there has been good numbers for View at ever away game at times seeming to match the home crowd.
6. Shore retain their title with Joeys closing the gap.
7. Kings. Plenty around the internal grounds
8. Joeys with the bar but Newington will put up a challenge with the back to Newington game this week.

Note: I have an obvious unapologetic bias.

Blood Sweat and Beers

Stan Wickham (3)
Best game View v Kings rd 1
Atmosphere View Joeys at Leichardt, have to be biggest crowd.
Food Shore
Parking Kings
Supporters View, Shore, Kings not much in it. Home and away, Schools with bigger boarding houses at an advantage.
Not qualified on the other categories.
Mate don't know what Shore games you've been to, but they had maybe 30 people in the crowd when they played away vs Scots.

When View played Kings round 2, it looked as if there crowd was nearly bigger than the Kings home crowd. Kings are close behind but gotta give credit to the View boys here best uncompulsary culture in the GPS.

Double Badger

Stan Wickham (3)
Mate don't know what Shore games you've been to, but they had maybe 30 people in the crowd when they played away vs Scots.

When View played Kings round 2, it looked as if there crowd was nearly bigger than the Kings home crowd. Kings are close behind but gotta give credit to the View boys here best uncompulsary culture in the GPS.
I have no allegiance to Shore, but like the way the school has rallied behind their rugby past couple of seasons and brought them back from the brink. Fair point though re Scots away game.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
OK point taken, thought my points were valid and intentionally no schools mentioned.
Back onto the rugby.
Next point of discussion, I realise there has been some very good individual performances this season in the 1st XV comp, probably as many from teams lower on the table as the top. Has there been a better one than Joe Dillon's on Saturday, I thought that was a complete master class and not that I watch every game in entirety but I couldn't recall a more complete performance from a 10 in recent times. I thought it had everything. Last season maybe Max Jorgensen had a couple of games that stood out like that I suppose.
Max is a different level altogether.

RushingRob

Herbert Moran (7)
best supporters have to be the view boys. Apart from joeys they have more numbers than other schools at both home and away games
Can't forget scots having more boys than Kings when they were away both times, even on Back To Kings day.

And I can't see Joeys not getting the best home supporters, EVER.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I have no allegiance to Shore, but like the way the school has rallied behind their rugby past couple of seasons and brought them back from the brink. Fair point though re Scots away game.
Good call. They haven’t dropped the team just because of results like some other can do.

Will do wonders for the younger boys seeing it.

Professor62

Ted Fahey (11)
Have you been to any SHORE home games? possibly 500+ men in the stands cheering on the school, i went out to the SHORE vs NEWO game this weekend and saw boys sitting on the ground and walking areas trying to support the firsts. I believe that SHORE has become to have one of the better cultures in the GPS although the VIEW boys would definitely take the dub. All from me,
-Professor

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Bit of a cop-out as it's only 1 match but BTND has to be the best atmosphere for any 1st xv game.

GPSlads

Chris McKivat (8)

2. Best home supporters
3. Best game atmosphere
4. Best BBQ item
6. Best meat pie
7. Best parking
Best supporters -Newington
Best atomosphere - Newington
Best bbq - high
Best traveling - grammar
Best meat pie - Riverview
Best parking - joeys
Best after game hospitality -shore

Status
Not open for further replies.