• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I assume wider squads being used of 3rds and 16As? Even though it was brought up View wouldn't be playing boys up. If they are playing 100mins of 2nd and 90 in 1sts. Although they could use the fitness if previous years are something to go by.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
News coming out of the Joeys camp
Star No 8 Harry Darling has decided to take up the pathways option, he will be in year 12 again for 2023
Big News for the boys at hunters hill
It would seem Harry isn't at camp so I guess we can assume that he is either lost or this post was made in error. I'm sure Gordon is happy to know that Harry can continue to turn out for them on Saturdays!

Cockatoo Run

Herbert Moran (7)
A bit of bad news for Joeys coming out of their camp. Big No. 8 Eamon Doyle has had knee surgery and is out for 3 months, meaning he will only play the last 4 games in term 3 (And no, this is not propaganda sadly). Terrible news for the poor kid, missing the GPS season is every Year 12’s worst nightmare, but also a blow to the team as the Joeys staff hold him in very high regard.

BobbyD

Peter Burge (5)
A bit of bad news for Joeys coming out of their camp. Big No. 8 Eamon Doyle has had knee surgery and is out for 3 months, meaning he will only play the last 4 games in term 3 (And no, this is not propaganda sadly). Terrible news for the poor kid, missing the GPS season is every Year 12’s worst nightmare, but also a blow to the team as the Joeys staff hold him in very high regard.
Whoa, that is not good. Watched him in the two trials and he was something else. He and Pat Young were clearly earmarked to lead the forwards around this year. Athletic 6’6” backrowers don’t grow on trees, so I hope he has a speedy recovery. If there is a team who can adjust and find another player from the conveyor belt to step up, its Joeys.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Contrary to what I have been told, the Joeys 1st XV coaches are not Br Anthony and Br Henry this season

maxresdefault.jpg
2hx4j9e.jpg

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
How are TKS shaping up? any special talents to look out for?

my pick to win the comp. They have a squad full of talent and depth which will help for the 2 comp season.

star player Tonga is one to watch for the season but will be watching from the sidelines for the first couple of trials due to his injury from his Aus 7s games in Fiji.

Here is 3 players to watch in the forward and backs.

Fowards.

Edwin langi - big and strong ball carrier quick on his feet. (Under 16s Aus)

Austin dubriage - considered to be almost the perfect schoolboy 7 must work on his speed though.
(nsw under 18s 2nd xv side)

Bailey Park - continually has shown for 2 years he is willing to do the dirty work. Himself and lipptiana Atta are in a 2 way race for the Gps 1s spot. (Nsw under 18s 2ndxv)

backs to watch

hadely tonga - name speaks for itself

Boston Fakafunu - strong ball carrier with great game knowledge and passing ability. Could play anywhere from 10,12 or 15. (Nsw 2nd xv under 18s)

tyrese lokeni - again a great ball carrying centre, big and mobile. looking to improve from his efforts last year which lead to him being droppped from 1st xv in a controversial decision which personally i disagreed with. (Nsw 18s 2nd xv, Aus 7s 2nd xv barbs side at world schools)

Luke maroun - saw this kid play last year in harrold Matt’s and he was outstanding. He’s up for a big year after sitting out due to injury last season.

Aagpsglory

Allen Oxlade (6)
my pick to win the comp. They have a squad full of talent and depth which will help for the 2 comp season.

star player Tonga is one to watch for the season but will be watching from the sidelines for the first couple of trials due to his injury from his Aus 7s games in Fiji.

Here is 3 players to watch in the forward and backs.

Fowards.

Edwin langi - big and strong ball carrier quick on his feet. (Under 16s Aus)

Austin dubriage - considered to be almost the perfect schoolboy 7 must work on his speed though.
(nsw under 18s 2nd xv side)

Bailey Park - continually has shown for 2 years he is willing to do the dirty work. Himself and lipptiana Atta are in a 2 way race for the Gps 1s spot. (Nsw under 18s 2ndxv)

backs to watch

hadely tonga - name speaks for itself

Boston Fakafunu - strong ball carrier with great game knowledge and passing ability. Could play anywhere from 10,12 or 15. (Nsw 2nd xv under 18s)

tyrese lokeni - again a great ball carrying centre, big and mobile. looking to improve from his efforts last year which lead to him being droppped from 1st xv in a controversial decision which personally i disagreed with. (Nsw 18s 2nd xv, Aus 7s 2nd xv barbs side at world schools)

Luke maroun - saw this kid play last year in harrold Matt’s and he was outstanding. He’s up for a big year after sitting out due to injury last season.
Should be interesting to watch them this year, seem like they are shaping up very well. Im excited to see how they will go in the trial matches against Riverview coming up soon, hopefully a great contest

Aagpsglory

Allen Oxlade (6)
Does anyone have a view and kings team list for Saturday?
I can give you a rough 1st 15 view lineup:

1: Hamish Grover
2: Angus Phillips
3: Ewen McBean
4: Charlie Bull
5: Daniel Saunders
6: Liam Sullivan (May be injured)
7: Benji Noble
8: Leon Bunton
9: Henry Curl
10: Joe Dillion
11: Flynn English
12: Sam Sharman
13: Will Hayes
14: Liam Grover
15: Nick Newton

Not too sure if all the back positions are correct, for example Liam Grover (star player) may play a centre instead of wing.

Hippo

Frank Nicholson (4)
I can give you a rough 1st 15 view lineup:

1: Hamish Grover
2: Angus Phillips
3: Ewen McBean
4: Charlie Bull
5: Daniel Saunders
6: Liam Sullivan (May be injured)
7: Benji Noble
8: Leon Bunton
9: Henry Curl
10: Joe Dillion
11: Flynn English
12: Sam Sharman
13: Will Hayes
14: Liam Grover
15: Nick Newton

Not too sure if all the back positions are correct, for example Liam Grover (star player) may play a centre instead of wing.
Strong side. Is Cormac Kelly in year 12 this year or was it last year? He’s a good prop.

Status
Not open for further replies.