• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
From my point of view the broadcasting of the GPS Rugby on Cluch in recent years has been was a great success - giving access for GPS supporters to view the games without over exposure of the players. It not like they are showing it on Channel 9 or Fox Main Event!

I do acknowledge and agree with Joker's comments regarding the historical reluctance of the GPS schools to provide a public viewing platform for GPS sport that potentially focuses on individual players.

Still, it will make our forum coverage more difficult and we will be relying on individuals at the games to provide updates. Joker, Brumbies, Black & White, Balmain Subbies, Raelene, Rudderless, Jim... I will be relying on you.

Cheers
INP

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Ralene, Kentwell Cup, propsarespeedy, Rookie21, Backintheolddays, Goosestep, Subbie

Where are your tips 1.jpg

Plenty of room left on the tipping board for more.
Tipping comp closes entries on FRIDAY 12 May 2023
Get in now!

Last edited:

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
3rd XV Trials - 29 April

Oakhill 3rd XV v Shore 3rd XV
Should be a good match but I suspect Shore's depth will test Oakhill in this one.

High 1st XV v Riverview 3rd XV
The joint GPS premiers from last year take on a much improved High 1st XV but View should still be too strong.

Grammar 1st XV v Aloysius 1st XV
This will be close but I am favouring Grammar after Pius defeated Aloysius.

TAS 1st XV v Kinross 1st XV
Always a cracking game. I like TAS if they can build on good form from last season.

Scots 3rd XV v St Stanislaus 2nd XV (I think Scots 2nd XV are playing Pius)
Another good contest expected with the boys from Bellevue Hill holding the advantage at home.

Waverley 3rd XV v Newington 3rd XV
This should be another cracking game at Death Valley. Could go either way. Draw possible.

Joeys 3rd XV v St Gregs 1st XV
This is a rematch of the trial that Gregs won 31- 17 so a good test for Joeys 3rds on Joeys #1 oval.

Good luck to all players as they commence the season.

Regards
INP

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I hear you, those wingers can move though, and the inside backs have got the ability to create the space for them. It will be an interesting game.
Didn’t see the Kings game so I don’t really know what to expect.

No idea about Barker either. Always have a good 1st XV.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
. What wasn't though was the constant highlighting of students which sort of goes against what Joeys and the swamp monsters were about. (St Joseph's 31 defeated St Ignatius 0) The boy in particular focus was Peter Playford and Joeys did not like it. As Brother Henry said, "Joeys does not make champion players, they make champion teams".

bit late for that now thought, the boys are making their own (and very professional) highlights all over tik tok …

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
News from kings is lots of boys will be resting this week, giving a couple 2s players chances in the 1s.

Not sure what to expect or how good this Eastwood lineup will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.