• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Yes, one ends and another starts.
Will 2023 end with another one of these?

rugby cap.jpg

Truth-teller

Bob McCowan (2)
Yes, one ends and another starts.
Will 2023 end with another one of these?

View attachment 14506
Can see this being a classic battle between the two greatest, Kings and Joeys.
Kings have the finest crop of current year 11 players and have a year 10 group that just won the 16a’s “premiership”. And Joeys always have that X-Factor, will be an interesting season to follow to say so the least.

Regards,

TT

Flat out

Frank Nicholson (4)
Debate here in my office - is the only Joeys first XV GPS comp loss across 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 & 2022 the final game of the season in 2020 against Kings?

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Kings have the finest crop of current year 11 players and have a year 10 group that just won the 16a’s “premiership”. And Joeys always have that X-Factor, will be an interesting season to follow to say so the least.

Regards,

TT
HelloTT, it was a shared premiership and guess with whom.

The Front Rower

Sydney Middleton (9)

Regards,

TT
Totally agree Joeys and Kings. I think Kings might get the chocolates with Scots building for the 2024 season.

Agent

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I hope that Shore can build on what they achieved this year. I’m not sure who is back from this years open teams, or who are the up and comers from the U16/15’s this year but hopefully someone can fill me in….

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
2023 Predictions
1. Scots
2. Kings
3. Shore
4. Joeys
5. Riverview
6. Newington
Hello Rugbyoldboy
Have to disasgree, I think Scots are beginning a downward phrase, Shore will continue to improve but certainly not by the distance you predict. Kings I would place at number 1 followed by Joeys, View along with Newington I would place in the middle.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Hello Rugbyoldboy
Have to disasgree, I think Scots are beginning a downward phrase, Shore will continue to improve but certainly not by the distance you predict. Kings I would place at number 1 followed by Joeys, View along with Newington I would place in the middle.
I don't understand how can you say scots are beginning a downward phase when there's 6 year 10s in opens as well about 5 year 11's in the first.

I don't understand how can you say scots are beginning a downward phase when there's 6 year 10s in opens as well about 5 year 11's in the first.
Hey propsarespeedy
I have to agree with you there. Scots do have many players returning from last year yet so does a very dominant newington side. Who’ve shared the u16s ‘prem’ this season with a strong Kings side.
But I believe kings will be the team to stop, with majority of 1st, 2nds and 3rds players being year 11 boys + 3 16year olds in this mix. Therefore my 2023 prediction is:

1st. Kings
2nd. Newington
3rd. Scots

top 3 will be a big contest with Joeys bringing a dark horse X factor this coming season which could cause some major upsets.

4th. Joeys
5th. Riverview
6th. Shore

The Import.

RuckitRory

Stan Wickham (3)
Hello Rugbyoldboy
How can you say Shore won't improve by as much as he predicted? They finished season 2022 in equal 2nd, only 5 points behind New on for and against.

How can you say Shore won't improve by as much as he predicted? They finished season 2022 in equal 2nd, only 5 points behind New on for and against.
Yes this is very much true and they could continue on the uprise they are on.
But I don’t believe this will be enough to stop these sides with many of the Shore players leaving. Shore would need to recruit or train young talent for upcoming seasons but I don’t believe 2023 is their season.

The Import.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Hey propsarespeedy
I have to agree with you there. Scots do have many players returning from last year yet so does a very dominant newington side. Who’ve shared the u16s ‘prem’ this season with a strong Kings side.
But I believe kings will be the team to stop, with majority of 1st, 2nds and 3rds players being year 11 boys + 3 16year olds in this mix. Therefore my 2023 prediction is:

1st. Kings
2nd. Newington
3rd. Scots

top 3 will be a big contest with Joeys bringing a dark horse X factor this coming season which could cause some major upsets.

4th. Joeys
5th. Riverview
6th. Shore

The Import.
Yes Kings will be quite strong next year. I think Scots 2nds should be strong again and newington are gonna be quite strong. Although there's a logical way Joeys could come 4th, I swear every season people predict them not to do well and then they end up having a great year, you can never really count them out. Next year will be a very competitive year again and i'm excited for more Scots footy

The Front Rower

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hello Rugbyoldboy
Scots 2023 will be stronger and 2024 very good. Next year Kings will go very very close to winning.

The Front Rower

Sydney Middleton (9)
Throw in Ontini Large who will be in year 10 next year and is one of the best schoolboy football players going around. The Scots backline next season will be very good largely year 11 and possibly Ontini year 10. I also heard Finn Bartlett is being transitioned to possibly No 8 , where he plays for Northern Suburbs I believe/told. The backline current 10. plus Jacques, Fittler, Reimer, Heslin and possibly number 9 battle between Hunter Ryan and Max Paterson, anyway time will tell lets hope the 1st do bit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.