• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cockatoo Run

Allen Oxlade (6)
Kings will be strong across 1sts-3rds next year, no doubt. Scots will have a great backline and will be interesting to see if they can get a good forward platform. New will have a lot of points in them and need to show some more defensive grit.

Joeys issue next year won’t be the 1st XV. They will have a very good 1sts team based on good players in Yr 11 in 1sts and 2nds this year alone. They will have an exceptional defensive unit. Depth will be their problem, and 2nds and 3rds will be harder to see excelling in 2023.

View will be the dark horse, some very good players in key positions back next year.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Who do you think The Scots College will replace the existing coach with?
Personally, a staff member!

The issue with Scots has been the new coach has been the new Director. Doing both jobs is difficult and I have seen it work rarely. Marcus did for a while, but soon one role will dominate another. "Salt and Vinegar" Smith found it very hard I feel and this has been reflected within results across the grades.

Why a teacher?

It is because they know the culture, the kids, the parents and they are "present" in the daily life of the students. A Director of Rugby should be spending their time between all teams, moving between grades and age groups. Andrew Blades was an excellent example at Joeys when he turned up in 2018. He was able to improve the coaching knowledge of all staff including the 1st and 2nd Xv coaches. He spent his Saturday watching as many games as he could and did not focus on the 1st XV. They are were being handled by a staff member. This season Michael Hodge has been doing this role and once again, he has focused his skills across the age groups.

What Scots need is to appoint a staff member as coach and a separate Director of Rugby.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Personally, a staff member!

The issue with Scots has been the new coach has been the new Director. Doing both jobs is difficult and I have seen it work rarely. Marcus did for a while, but soon one role will dominate another. "Salt and Vinegar" Smith found it very hard I feel and this has been reflected within results across the grades.

Why a teacher?

It is because they know the culture, the kids, the parents and they are "present" in the daily life of the students. A Director of Rugby should be spending their time between all teams, moving between grades and age groups. Andrew Blades was an excellent example at Joeys when he turned up in 2018. He was able to improve the coaching knowledge of all staff including the 1st and 2nd Xv coaches. He spent his Saturday watching as many games as he could and did not focus on the 1st XV. They are were being handled by a staff member. This season Michael Hodge has been doing this role and once again, he has focused his skills across the age groups.

What Scots need is to appoint a staff member as coach and a separate Director of Rugby.
Yes I think they should find a quality coach to coach the firsts and seconds a bit and then appoint a separate director of rugby who can oversee the whole Scots rugby program.

Last edited:

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
I don't understand how can you say scots are beginning a downward phase when there's 6 year 10s in opens as well about 5 year 11's in the first.
Hello Props are speedy
I am getting the feeling that all is not well within the Scots Camp, loathing and division has been expressed on this site about the Scots Rugby Program. In my experience this has an adverse impact on player morale and irrespective of the Playing talent Scots, may possess. The result will produce a negative outlook.
One would hope this unhappiness will pass. But if it continues, I do feel bleak days ahead for Scots.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Hello Props are speedy
I am getting the feeling that all is not well within the Scots Camp, loathing and division has been expressed on this site about the Scots Rugby Program. In my experience this has an adverse impact on player morale and irrespective of the Playing talent Scots, may possess. The result will produce a negative outlook.
One would hope this unhappiness will pass. But if it continues, I do feel bleak days ahead for Scots.
Hopefully all is well. I assume there will probably be some big changes by next year

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Hello Props are speedy
No one fires up more than a Scots Supporter Group. The whispers I have heard coming from Bellevue is that the parent base is....

not.gif

rugbyAU

Trevor Allan (34)

AAGPS Sports Update - 17 AUGUST 2022:​

The AAGPS Chairman Mr Mark Ticehurst, and Executive Officer Mr Nigel Price, in consultation with the GPS Headmasters' Standing Committee wish to provide the following update regarding GPS sporting programmes:

With the 2022 winter competitions concluding on Saturday 13 August, the AAGPS would like to congratulate all Premiership winning teams in addition to the thousands of students that participated each week for their school in their chosen sport. The Athletics season commences this Saturday 20 August, as we eagerly anticipate the 126th AAGPS Athletics Championships which will be held in their full format for the first time since 2019 at Sydney Olympic Park Athletic Centre on Saturday 17 September 2022.

Throughout 2022, the AAGPS has undertaken a strategic review of the AAGPS calendar and sporting programs, in order to maximise offerings and to provide the best possible experience and sporting program for our students. As a result of this process, the AAGPS is announcing changes to the format of some competitions commencing with the summer season from Term 4, 2022. The Basketball, Cricket and Tennis competitions will revert to a "home and away" 14 round model. In the 2023 winter season, the 1st and 2nd XV Rugby and 1st and 2nd Grade Volleyball competitions will revert to a "home and away" 10 round model. All other competitions and sports in the summer and winter seasons will remain as per their current formats.

The fixtures for the 2022/23 summer competitions and 2023 winter competitions will be made available on the AAGPS website in the coming weeks

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)

The AAGPS Chairman Mr Mark Ticehurst, and Executive Officer Mr Nigel Price, in consultation with the GPS Headmasters' Standing Committee wish to provide the following update regarding GPS sporting programmes:

With the 2022 winter competitions concluding on Saturday 13 August, the AAGPS would like to congratulate all Premiership winning teams in addition to the thousands of students that participated each week for their school in their chosen sport. The Athletics season commences this Saturday 20 August, as we eagerly anticipate the 126th AAGPS Athletics Championships which will be held in their full format for the first time since 2019 at Sydney Olympic Park Athletic Centre on Saturday 17 September 2022.

Throughout 2022, the AAGPS has undertaken a strategic review of the AAGPS calendar and sporting programs, in order to maximise offerings and to provide the best possible experience and sporting program for our students. As a result of this process, the AAGPS is announcing changes to the format of some competitions commencing with the summer season from Term 4, 2022. The Basketball, Cricket and Tennis competitions will revert to a "home and away" 14 round model. In the 2023 winter season, the 1st and 2nd XV Rugby and 1st and 2nd Grade Volleyball competitions will revert to a "home and away" 10 round model. All other competitions and sports in the summer and winter seasons will remain as per their current formats.

The fixtures for the 2022/23 summer competitions and 2023 winter competitions will be made available on the AAGPS website in the coming weeks
So it’s only the 1sts and 2nds that will compete in a home and away competition in 2023 …

Last edited:

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
No one fires up more than a Scots Supporter Group. The whispers I have heard coming from Bellevue is that the parent base is....
Worst place to start.

The boys will just regurgitate and carry what they hear from their parents into the group.

Scots will have a good Backline next year after seeing some of them this year with glimpses. Did their 2nds have many Yr11s?

View Tight 5 is the issue for me. As it was this year (front row specifically). Could not assert dominance in any game. I think there are a number back including the 10 who was very good in my opinion. They are a real unknown but they need to get a hard edge back asap.

UpnUnder

Allen Oxlade (6)
So it’s only the 1sts and 2nds that will compete in a home and away competition in 2023 …
I don’t see how home and away can work for 1’s and 2’s only. What do you do with the age group teams during round 2? No wonder Miles N has stood down at Joeys, the sports master will need some serious logistical management skills to navigate the season now….

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I don’t see how home and away can work for 1’s and 2’s only. What do you do with the age group teams during round 2? No wonder Miles N has stood down at Joeys, the sports master will need some serious logistical management skills to navigate the season now….
I’d say it’s just that 3rds will stay as it is and there aren’t any official comps for any other teams, they will follow the 1s and 2s around as best as possible

UpnUnder

Allen Oxlade (6)
I’d say it’s just that 3rds will stay as it is and there aren’t any official comps for any other teams, they will follow the 1s and 2s around as best as possible
The announcement makes more sense in the context of official and unofficial competition. Thanks for clarifying.

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
N

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Newington has HSC trials starting tomorrow hope it won’t impact Athletics. Any other GPS schools have HSC trials now?

Footylover345

Frank Row (1)
amount of players who will remain in the first XV for their respective schools from 2022 (each strongest lineup)
1. Riverview- 7
2. Kings- 7
3. Shore- 4
4. Newington- 3
5. Joeys- 4
6. Scors- 2

Numbers might be a bit off, just of my understanding. Excired for the season 23 should be a close one again.

Footylover345

Frank Row (1)
amount of players who will remain in the first XV for their respective schools from 2022 (each strongest lineup)
1. Riverview- 7
2. Kings- 7
3. Shore- 4
4. Newington- 3
5. Joeys- 4
6. Scors- 2

Numbers might be a bit off, just of my understanding. Excired for the season 23 should be a close one again.
Correction- Scots have 4

Status
Not open for further replies.