• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicMAxM

Bob McCowan (2)
Hey boys, I know its early but I am intersted in hearing some predicted first XV's for every school for 2023.

I am a shore dad but my son is in year 8 so I don't know all of the older boys

1. Harry Stiel
2. James Warner
3. Tom Duddy
4. Tom Galligan
5. ?
6. ?
7. Marshall Le maitre
8. Tom Hebbliewhite
9. Hugo Orpin
10. Alex Segart??? Henry Conick???
11. Ben Whatley
12. ?
13. Ollie Mackellar
14. Kobi Lomas
15. Tom Klem (would say he would be captain aswell.)

Other school supporters please send through your teams possible lineups
YEAH THE MIGHTY SHORE BOYS!!!

Tony_weave531

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hey excuse me mate, but I think you are forgetting one crucial player heading into the Shore 2023 season. Tom Santow (Yr11 student) suffered a very unfortunate incident that resulted in a detached testicle. Yes this might sound funny to some people but is 100% true. He plays No.8 and will be heavily invloved in Shore's winning success. Although he has not fully recovered he is still training hard and ticking all the rehab boxes. The rest of the gps competition should watch out in 2023.
Thanks mate, maybe he could fill in one of the back row spots I was struggling with.

Hi all,
Ive been hearing news over the last few days regarding James Warner from Shore (Played 16A's hooker and played 3 games for the 2nds) Apparently he's been offered a scholarship to Newington. Been tossed around the grapevine of supporters and what not so can't be 100% sure its true, but if it is there could be a high chance he accepts the offer, given he lives in Petersham and his older brother attended Newington. Would be a devastating loss for the Shore rugby program. I imagine Jye Peter's from the 3rd XV would step up to play hooker for the firsts in the 2023 season. Damaging player that Jye, but James has the upper hand on him in ball running, giving him the number 2 jersey for the firsts in my opinion at the moment.

If anyone knows more about the situation please reply with your knowledge.

Cheers

Syd

Bob McCowan (2)
Yes this is very much true and they could continue on the uprise they are on.
But I don’t believe this will be enough to stop these sides with many of the Shore players leaving. Shore would need to recruit or train young talent for upcoming seasons but I don’t believe 2023 is their season.

The Import.
Shore (to the best of my knowledge) doesn’t recruit for rugby. It’s fee paying day boys and borders only. A boy in there last premiership winning side was offered a scholarship to Joeys but refused (much to their fathers $ disappointment) There’s lots of room for improvement in the coaching lower down at the school but for better or worse, rugby ‘recruiting’ isn’t a thing. For schools that do, what would be the average number scholarships in the 1stXV and other age groups?

Freddo Frog

Ward Prentice (10)
Brian Smith wasn’t involved last time it was home and away, just saying.
Yeah, he was. He was part of the coaching team of the 1's in 2015 and then head coach in 2016 when it was home and away.
Scots won both the 1's and 2's premierships for the the first time in their history in 2016 then backed it up in 2017 in the new shorter format. How much of that was because of Smith's coaching, and how much was due to the foundation work (and three premierships) of the previous coach/director, is up for debate.

Last edited:

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Throw in Ontini Large who will be in year 10 next year and is one of the best schoolboy football players going around. The Scots backline next season will be very good largely year 11 and possibly Ontini year 10. I also heard Finn Bartlett is being transitioned to possibly No 8 , where he plays for Northern Suburbs I believe/told. The backline current 10. plus Jacques, Fittler, Reimer, Heslin and possibly number 9 battle between Hunter Ryan and Max Paterson, anyway time will tell lets hope the 1st do bit better.
I assume Steep is back also? I will be interested to see where they play Onitoni. He is an outstanding talent.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Evening gents,

Quick question.

When was the last time a Triple Crown was won? (1st, 2nds, 3rds winning their competitions).

I believe Joeys had this last but my sources may be wrong.

Import.

St Joseph's College won in 2019

1660952626664.png

Last edited:

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Joker

So nothing from 1960 until Joeys in 2019….the Holy Grail of schoolboy rugby

What a year for those 3 teams….unforgettable
Well my records show that if the thirds competition continued from 1962, Joeys would have won 18 more 3rds premierships.
Of those 18, four would have been Triple Crowns
Of those four triple crowns, three would be part of a GOLDEN. 1990, 1994 and 1995 (undefeated 1st, 2nd and 3rd's)

My next tasks is to discover who would have won those other 3rds premierships during the non-comp years. All I have is Joeys

harryfromhay

Allen Oxlade (6)
The Thirsty Thirds from Riverview coached by Joshy Boy were special, to say the least. Winning the premiership with a single loss to Shore on the bell. Players like Jack Macken will definitely be up for selection in the 1sts next year. Interesting to note he was in 6ths at the beginning of the season. I'm keen to see how the Riverview side turns out next season. Many outstanding players.

Syd

Bob McCowan (2)
Some genuine curiosity here about how some other schools go about their recruitment strategies, any insights form people with knowledge about how the various programs go about selection of day boys or boarders and or their scholarship programs? How many boys end up in the 1st XV or otherwise and how many per age group etc?

love2lineout

Stan Wickham (3)
The Thirsty Thirds from Riverview coached by Joshy Boy were special, to say the least. Winning the premiership with a single loss to Shore on the bell. Players like Jack Macken will definitely be up for selection in the 1sts next year. Interesting to note he was in 6ths at the beginning of the season. I'm keen to see how the Riverview side turns out next season. Many outstanding players.
I recall that cracker of a game! with chappo hitting the drop goal right on the last tick and debutant Flynn english for Riverview who started in the 4ths and ended playing in the 1sts.
L2L

BringTheBiff

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hey boys, I know its early but I am intersted in hearing some predicted first XV's for every school for 2023.

1. Harry Stiel
2. James Warner
3. Tom Duddy
4. Tom Galligan
5. ?
6. ?
7. Marshall Le maitre
8. Tom Hebbliewhite
9. Hugo Orpin
11. Ben Whatley
12. ?
13. Ollie Mackellar
14. Kobi Lomas

I think Finn baxter will start at hooker with warner in the back row is a possibility, James M played 2nd row this year and he is in year 11 so i assume he will be there again. Ben Whatley will play 10 not sure about 11 and i think Henry Conick at 12

BringTheBiff

Frank Nicholson (4)
My predicted shore first xv for 2023
1. Harry Stiel
2. Finn Baxter
3. Tom Duddy
4. James McCreery
5. Luca Fulton
6. James Warner
7. Marshall Le Maitre
8. Tom Galligan
9. Hugo Orpin
10. King Whattas
11. ?
12. Henry Conick
13. Ollie Mackellar
14. Kobi Lomas
15. Tom Klem

Agent

Jimmy Flynn (14)

1. Harry Stiel
2. James Warner
3. Tom Duddy
4. Tom Galligan
5. ?
6. ?
7. Marshall Le maitre
8. Tom Hebbliewhite
9. Hugo Orpin
11. Ben Whatley
12. ?
13. Ollie Mackellar
14. Kobi Lomas

I haven’t seen young Seagart play but if he is anything like his old man he should go very well. Hopefully he is a chip off the old block.

Tony_weave531

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yeh yeh yeh yeh yeh...

I reckon Gps 1s next year will be 12 year 12s and 3 year 11s (Brial, Marshall, Jaqcues)

Any early GPS Team predictions?

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
amount of players who will remain in the first XV for their respective schools from 2022 (each strongest lineup)
1. Riverview- 7
2. Kings- 7
3. Shore- 4
4. Newington- 3
5. Joeys- 4
6. Scors- 2

Numbers might be a bit off, just of my understanding. Excired for the season 23 should be a close one again.
Scots is very wrong, Fittler, steep, Heslin, Henry james, Leo jaques, Will guilfoyle and Grayson reimer who was playing firsts and some seconds in year 10 in 2021 but was injured this year. That's makes 7 firsts returners for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.