• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
My predicted Newington 1st XV for 2023
  1. Sione Fonua
  2. Lipina Ata
  3. Bill Mougios
  4. Charlie Foster
  5. Tom Chanter
  6. Jacob Veiru
  7. Stanley Martin
  8. Joshua Va’alotu
  9. Koby Owen
  10. Matthew Humphries
  11. Luke Avati
  12. Fetaiaki lua
  13. Matteo Cleverley
  14. Casey McLean
  15. Tom Far Jones

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
  1. Sione Fonua
  2. Lipina Ata
  3. Bill Mougios
  4. Charlie Foster
  5. Tom Chanter
  6. Jacob Veiru
  7. Stanley Martin
  8. Joshua Va’alotu
  9. Koby Owen
  10. Matthew Humphries
  11. Luke Avati
  12. Fetaiaki lua
  13. Matteo Cleverley
  14. Casey McLean
  15. Tom Far Jones
Sione Fonua is in year 12 right now. Other than that, looks pretty spot on.

The Front Rower

Sydney Middleton (9)
  1. Sione Fonua
  2. Lipina Ata
  3. Bill Mougios
  4. Charlie Foster
  5. Tom Chanter
  6. Jacob Veiru
  7. Stanley Martin
  8. Joshua Va’alotu
  9. Koby Owen
  10. Matthew Humphries
  11. Luke Avati
  12. Fetaiaki lua
  13. Matteo Cleverley
  14. Casey McLean
  15. Tom Far Jones
No Toby Rodwell?

Tony_weave531

Allen Oxlade (6)
  1. Sione Fonua
  2. Lipina Ata
  3. Bill Mougios
  4. Charlie Foster
  5. Tom Chanter
  6. Jacob Veiru
  7. Stanley Martin
  8. Joshua Va’alotu
  9. Koby Owen
  10. Matthew Humphries
  11. Luke Avati
  12. Fetaiaki lua
  13. Matteo Cleverley
  14. Casey McLean
  15. Tom Far Jones
Luca Cleverly younger brother of Matteo was the 16a's best player this year, he should be in there.

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
Luca Cleverly younger brother of Matteo was the 16a's best player this year, he should be in there.
Luca Cleverly played very well when he did come on in the last 5 minutes of a couple of games for 1st XV.

Luca together with Toby Rodwell will be part of the senior squad and no doubt will have a run in the 1st XV. Both are talented boys and should be patient as their time will come.

Furthermore it should be noted that Newington tends to select Year 12 boys in the 1st XV unless unforeseen injuries occur and or there are inexperienced and nous in specific positions.

Lastly, the team I posted are my predictions so do not hesitate to post your predicted team for 2023.

Addicted2Rugby39511

Bob McCowan (2)
Agree with Love 2 scrum, playing two years of first xv is a massive achievment that only the best players do. The reality is newingtons best line up next year is predominantly year 12, with exception for kids like humphries. Mclean and farr jones are also in year 11 but were of age to play 16's this year. Could see Quinn Mersall getting a jersey. Rodwell and Clev will be in and out of ones and twos.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Agree with Love 2 scrum, playing two years of first xv is a massive achievment that only the best players do. The reality is newingtons best line up next year is predominantly year 12, with exception for kids like humphries. Mclean and farr jones are also in year 11 but were of age to play 16's this year. Could see Quinn Mersall getting a jersey. Rodwell and Clev will be in and out of ones and twos.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Hello Addicted2Rugby
I am getting the impression, that Newington is emerging as a force in GPS Rugby for 2023, previously I rated New as a Dark Horse for 2023. That would be dependent on its Strong 16As as its backbone for 2023. Yet reading these posts, things could be very different, with a notable Year 12 presence. Of whom 5 have extensive 1st XV experience. With others having some 1st XV experience. I would be interested to know how many players from the 2nd XV are returning. Even, if they don't make the 1st XV they could provide excellent depth, from the 2nd XV for the firsts.

Many of us have predicted Kings as the team to beat for 2023. Can New be up there with Kings, Scots, Joeys and View. Regrettably, I rate Shore, back down to 6th place again.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
With it reverting to H/A I have personal view that teams with a larger number of year 12 boys may benefit in the later rounds. Whilst still not the longest season, fatigue and the grind will play apart and it's a lot to ask of any yr 10 or young yr 11s. Even better if they are 1st XV players returning

The Front Rower

Sydney Middleton (9)
Not sure what position he will play but Will Johnson deserves to be there, and Leo Jacques is an outside, winger
Cannot agree more. I think the positions will swing around and hopefully will settle down. Maybe Fittler center and Johnson Fullback and Jacques wing/center. Allot of different combinations.

Addicted2Rugby39511

Bob McCowan (2)
Kings will be retaining players like Bailey Park, Hadley Tonga, Austin Durbridge, Edwin Langi, Nathaniel Titi.

I am definitely forgetting some others but they will be the team to beat coming off their 16a premiership

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Kings will be retaining players like Bailey Park, Hadley Tonga, Austin Durbridge, Edwin Langi, Nathaniel Titi.

I am definitely forgetting some others but they will be the team to beat coming off their 16a premiership
You mean their shared premiership, with Newington. In fact I don't recall Kings ever beating this Newington in this age group, ever. In the 16As, Kings achieved a draw and that is as close as they got. Newington for the most part have dominated this age group since the 13s, with Scots being their most dangerous rivals for the most part since 13s. Kings have certainly been one of their more difficult opponents, with hard tough and close results. With Joeys improving by each year.

This is not the first time you have made this mistake. It shows a lack of respect to a fellow GPS school. Certainly, Newington would acknowledge, a shared premiership with Kings. As a part-time teacher, who' has taught at Kings( and it was a wonderful experience) including some of the boys in this age group. I have always acknowledged their excellent performance, particularly, against Newington. It's part of the GPS ethos, to respect a fellow GPS opponent and value their worth.

So in future, please acknowledge that it's a shared premiership, it's a matter of courtesy, that is expected within the GPS system. Particularly, as I regard Kings with great admiration and respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.