• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
This Sunday is the last Round (5 of 5) of the U16s & U19s Rugby Championship

- Reds v Rebels at Sunnybank RC 11.45am and 1.15pm

- Force v Waratahs at Wanneroo RC 9.30am and 11am

Local times

Brumbies BYE

Live on Stan Sport

Grand Final on 13th November 1st place v 2nd place Venue TBC

Last edited:

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
Grand Finals

New South Wales U16s v Queensland U16s

Sunday 13 November
⏰ 12:05pm
️ Pittwater Rugby Park
Stan Sport

CONFIRMED 2.30pm kickoff for the U19’s

Local time

Last edited:

BRYDNLM_0184

Frank Nicholson (4)
Any predictions ? For those games.

I know NSW won last time but I wouldn’t count the qlders out.

still tipping nsw in 16s by 21+ and 19s 7+

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
1668157684206.png

1668157706223.png

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
News from Hunters Hill is that three time premiership winning 1st XV Coach Mr Tim Anderson has been swayed by the dark side of the force to leave the green pastures for the Death Star where will take up a teaching and Boarding Coordinator position. Unsure if he will coaching the Storm Troopers. A very good man and I wish him all the very best. Joeys have plenty of talent to chose from to replace him.

299566085_572489974613642_8239878283357118659_n.jpg

Last edited:

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
News from Hunters Hill is that three time premiership winning 1st XV Coach Mr Tim Anderson has been swayed by the dark side of the force to leave the green pastures for the Death Star where will take up a teaching and Boarding Coordinator position. Unsure if he will coaching the Storm Troopers. A very good man and I wish him all the very best. Joeys have plenty of talent to chose from to replace him.

View attachment 14958
Joker

how many years has he been at Joeys ?

Will be interesting to see where he slots in to the $cots rugby program.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Scots talk is he will be coaching the 1st XV. What does this mean for the previous coach/s?
Scots stopped using full time teaching staff many years ago and started to bring in "semi-professional" coaches who taught one/two physical education lessons a week. Tim is a teacher first, boarding coordinator (very big role at Joeys so he will find Scots boarding houses a less frantic role) and was coaching the 2nd XV from 2010 to 2014. In 2015 he teamed up with Mr Thompson (Joeys 1994). They won premierships in 2018, 2019, 2022

AAGPSSUPPORTER

Frank Nicholson (4)
Scots stopped using full time teaching staff many years ago and started to bring in "semi-professional" coaches who taught one/two physical education lessons a week. Tim is a teacher first, boarding coordinator (very big role at Joeys so he will find Scots boarding houses a less frantic role) and was coaching the 2nd XV from 2010 to 2014. In 2015 he teamed up with Mr Thompson (Joeys 1994). They won premierships in 2018, 2019, 2022
Hopefully he applies those roles to Scots. Maybe he won't be coaching the 1st XV. Maybe the same coaches will continue.

Last edited:

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Ran into some great young men at the Joeys Fair. We spent some time discussing the favorites for 2023 and examining the players to watch next year. Some very interesting ideas and observations. These will be revealed in time. Thank you gentlemen for your thoughts. #neverwalkalone

LATE EDIT. Mr Anderson is coaching the Scots 1st XV

Last edited:

The Front Rower

Sydney Middleton (9)
Might be a chance of seeing Onitoni Large as well. While only 15 this year he played in the 16 As. Special player.
He will either be in the 1sts or 2nds, Given 10 rounds of footy chances are he will be given plenty of opportunities in the 1st. Very very good player.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Schoolbox post from Brian Smith:

'To the Scots Rugby Community,

As you may be aware, there will be a few changes to the Scots Rugby Program for the 2023 season. I have accepted the role of Head of Sport for the Senior students (Yr10-12) so Ed White will take on the position of Director of Rugby and the former St Joseph's College coach, Tim Anderson will be the 1st XV Head Coach.

Both Ed and Tim have coached at the schoolboy level for many years with great success. From a personal point of view, my time in charge of rugby at Scots has been very enjoyable. Having coached at the international level it's been extremely rewarding to give back to the game by helping to develop some wonderful young players who are fulfilling their rugby dreams and enhancing the Scots College reputation as a nursery for future Wallabies and NRL players. Players like Theo Strang, Ryan McAuley, Darcy Breen, Billy Smith, Will Harris, Jeremy Williams, Joe Brial, Dan Botha, Darby Lancaster and Josh Wong have come through the program in what has been a golden age for rugby at Scots. It's worth remembering that The Scots College won five AAGPS Premierships in the past 10 years. In fact before Dr Lambert arrived at Scots on 2007 the college had won only won six 1st XV Premierships in over 100 years. So thank you for your support during my tenure and good luck to the new leaders of the rugby program. "

Yours sincerely,

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
The voice in my head as I read that doesn't feel like he's happy to be writing it.

As much as I haven't supported Scots, I do have to say seeing how proactive they have been in getting people in place after it seemed to be waning is impressive.
Yeah I picked up on that too. People who are moving on wilfully dont usually ave a need to tout their achievements on the way out the door do they.

I could be reading too much into it

Status
Not open for further replies.