• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockstar

Allen Oxlade (6)
Scots have a few injuries Blake Steep and young Finn Bartlett (who has been Scots best forward in both trials), Could be some juggling up and down between 1st and 2nds. Zach Fittler had the flu last week so assuming he's playing against Joeys in Round 1. Could be more to be determined.
Wishing them both a speedy recovery but Bartlett’s shoulder injury at Kings last week looked bad. Is he expected back this season?

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
It used to be called the Waratah Shield before Eddie's killed it.
Some older heads would remember this day.

I quote.....

On Saturday, for the first time in 14 years, the two First XVs met. It was not merely a clash of juggernauts. It was a clash of cultures. No school is immune to the reality that teenage boys have been engaging in testosterone-driven excess since teenage boys were invented, but Joeys, like all the GPS schools, is a place where parents send their children for quality and character, and tradition. In the now huge Catholic schools system, Joeys and Riverview are the city on the hill. On Saturday afternoon, in front of 5000 people, Joeys did Hayes a big favour. They smashed Eddies: St Joseph's 46, St Edmund's 0.

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
Newington vs Riverview ( preview )

Riverview must throw the ball around and use their clever backs and speed to run the New boys for the whole game. New look fitter than in previous years but do have a big pack who have matched Knox,Wav and Barker. Riverview are coming off ok trial games and can produce an upset ( I'm hoping ) but my head says that New maybe to too strong up the middle and their backs will have better ball to play with.

Bullocks

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Like I said it wouldn’t surprise me to see Joeys get up but I think most people are hearing Joeys supporters even say this team has them confused. Trials didn’t solidify anything from an outside point of view.

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
If Bartlett and Steep are out, Joeys are a good chance. Team lists would be helpful. New pulled off a miracle win last year at BH and Joeys would like nothing else to revenge their loss 30years ago to Scots on Scots reunion day. As we all know, Joeys trial form is trial form. Comp is when it counts.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Scots 1993. Good team. I was there that day sitting on the old hill. Damn good tunnel. I recall the Joeys boys at the game walking across to the Scots crowd and the Joeys captain leading the entire school in three cheers for Scots.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
If Bartlett and Steep are out, Joeys are a good chance. Team lists would be helpful. New pulled off a miracle win last year at BH and Joeys would like nothing else to revenge their loss 30years ago to Scots on Scots reunion day. As we all know, Joeys trial form is trial form. Comp is when it counts.
Miracle win?? Elaborate

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
Hi Dusk
Wasn't there but according to reports, it was the last play of the day. Try to New with kick to win. Miracle as it was at Scots and New underdogs.
Bullocks

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
Like I said it wouldn’t surprise me to see Joeys get up but I think most people are hearing Joeys supporters even say this team has them confused. Trials didn’t solidify anything from an outside point of view.
GoR

On that note, do supporters think there has been a change with Tim Anderson (1st XV co-coach) departing Joeys at the end of 2022 and now the 1st XV head coach at Scots ?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
GoR

On that note, do supporters think there has been a change with Tim Anderson (1st XV co-coach) departing Joeys at the end of 2022 and now the 1st XV head coach at Scots ?
Could be. Definitely adds some spice to the game. He’ll do a good job with Scots. Shown if he has the talent he’ll make it work. Probably more impact for Joeys losing a coach over Scots gaining one when it seemed they wanted a change.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
I think the difference between View and New with be Newington's fullback Rodwell. He is a class act.
He completely controlled the attack for Newington against barker. Will be interesting to see Tom Farr Jones and Casey Mclean back for the side this weekend.

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
Hi Dusk
you seem to know a bit about New. What was your recolection of the Scots/New game last year ? Miracle or not ? Agree, New backs have speed with Rodwell,TFJ,Mclean Junior and Avati. Cleverley is solid and Humphries plays a good 10. Needs to give his outside backs clean and early ball. Hope View are prepared to tackle all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.