• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoysfromtheBxW

Peter Burge (5)
Scores for Kings vs shore
13A- Shore 34 - Kings 12
14A- Shore 7 - Kings 31
15A- Shore 15 - Kings 19
16A- Shore 13 - Kings 26
3rd XV- Shore 10 - Kings 33
2nd XV- Shore 14 - Kings 36
1st XV- Shore 24 - Kings 52

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
Yeah well done to Scot’s for the second half come back but joeys threw that game away with that decision to take the tap ..
Goose, I didn't see the Scots/Joeys match, but turned it on after View/New match, to see Scots kicking the last Penalty. The clock was over 78 min, was there some significant injury time (I am guessing)?

runningrugbyrules

Chris McKivat (8)
Goose, I didn't see the Scots/Joeys match, but turned it on after View/New match, to see Scots kicking the last Penalty. The clock was over 78 min, was there some significant injury time (I am guessing)?
No there wasn’t at all ………………………………………………………………

throughthehands

Bob McCowan (2)
I felt like there were quite a lot of stoppages in the game. Tom Duddy, Will Guilfoyle and Xavier Savala all had to get subbed off for various injuries which stopped a lot of time on the clock.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Good day. Caught up with many former students. Rugby was very good. Scots came out stronger in the 2nd half. Well done to all. Tipping will be a nightmare. No points awarded for the draw. First in a long time.

sorry Subbie I didn’t see you. Was in amongst the rabble of Joeys boys. They know me and protect my identity

Backintheolddays

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Scores for Kings vs shore
13A- Shore 34 - Kings 12
14A- Shore 7 - Kings 31
15A- Shore 15 - Kings 19
16A- Shore 13 - Kings 26
3rd XV- Shore 10 - Kings 33
2nd XV- Shore 14 - Kings 36
1st XV- Shore 24 - Kings 52
No disrespect to Shore intended but think score flattered them. TKS left about 20 points out there and switched off in defence near the finish. Couple of nice plays by Shore 10 and 12 but TKS comprehensively outplayed them man to man. And with three starters to return next week.
Not a great benchmark to go off for TKS, much harder games coming up.
Now off to watch the Scots Joeys game.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Riverview v Newington

Not what I saw coming

Riverview 7 excellent as usual. Impresses me more every week. 10 is a genuine Flyhalf with a well rounded game.

Newington 1 very strong. Threw the line outs as well and nailed them all.

Newington 15 very threatening with ball in hand.

View have a clear plan to spread it and keep you running. Ball play by forwards is good and they will tackle and push the pace for for the entire game. Newington have talent but I don’t see it as a package….yet. 9/10 sloppy delivery but 11,14,15 look very lively in counter attack.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Scots 1sts vs Joeys 31-31
That was a blinder, stand outs for me Sharples, Joeys 7 and Justice played well. For scots Leo jaques, Charlie Ulcoq, Zach fittler, Henry James and Large on debut all were very impressive. Annoying to have so many injuries but some good heart shown from the scot's team to come back like that infront of the old boys.

First half was completely flat and sloppy from the Scots team but after half time the scots boys looked like a different team, playing to the space, hitting hard and working to get infront to 24-21. Scots warcries noticeably louder in 2nd half and the energy was completely different. After Joeys scored the late try it looked like it was all but over until some good defence and Joeys errors saw Joeys pinned in their own half and eventually a penalty was awarded to Scots. Henry James who kicked 4/4 slotted the kick to get the tie and full time was blown. If scots hadn't had so many handling errors in the first half I think we would have seen a very different result. I don't think anyone would've predicted that result, what a way to start the season for both teams. The rematch will be all time.

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
Kings vs shore

Kings today looked clinical, but it only a small step in a 12 round comp. Lokeni, Boston were on fire, maroun was sharp and mchlaclans kicking game was outstanding. The fowards all played solid and was good to see.

lots of boys from the 2nd xv got a run today with kings resting key players, it seemed as if even when marshal scored in the first half the kings coaches and players weren’t fazed. Kings ultimately came out with a clinical win through a great performance not only in the 1st but all 3 grades.

moving to newo next weeks the 1st and and 2nds will be challenging with there first away game of the year. The 3rds I am not aware of who they will play due to newo thirds playing in the 4ths comp.

for shore it looked as if they will have potential this year but kings at kings in round one is a big ask for any team especially this year.

Taralga

Stan Wickham (3)
Scots 1sts vs Joeys 31-31
That was a blinder, stand outs for me Sharples, Joeys 7 and Justice played well. For scots Leo jaques, Charlie Ulcoq, Zach fittler, Henry James and Large on debut all were very impressive. Annoying to have so many injuries but some good heart shown from the scot's team to come back like that infront of the old boys.

First half was completely flat and sloppy from the Scots team but after half time the scots boys looked like a different team, playing to the space, hitting hard and working to get infront to 24-21. Scots warcries noticeably louder in 2nd half and the energy was completely different. After Joeys scored the late try it looked like it was all but over until some good defence and Joeys errors saw Joeys pinned in their own half and eventually a penalty was awarded to Scots. Henry James who kicked 4/4 slotted the kick to get the tie and full time was blown. If scots hadn't had so many handling errors in the first half I think we would have seen a very different result. I don't think anyone would've predicted that result, what a way to start the season for both teams. The rematch will be all time.
Agree - nice summary. Joeys always a great team and dominated possession in first half. If Scots big guns get rolling god help the opposition. Still think Scots not that cohesive and were below average in first half. Joeys should/could have had another 2 tries in first half and shame a pass didn’t connect in 2nd half where a probable try went begging. Return match at Joeys will be interesting.

NedKelly

Frank Nicholson (4)
Scots will feel like they won that game, Joeys will be bitterly disappointed, led 21-0, led by 3 with less than 1 to go had a penalty in front of own sticks and somehow managed to decide to take a tap and give away possession and a penalty.
Interesting call to take the tap. He asked Sir how much time was left at the Joeys lineout and again at the Joeys penalty half a dozen phases later.

Presumably more than enough to just tap & kick out. Maybe he backed their ability to pick & go for a few phases more than their lineout. They were down to 14 so keeping it in hand was arguably the right call.

No doubt he'll question it now but he had a fine match, led his team well, kicked everything and scored what most imagined would be the winning try with 90 seconds on the scoreboad clock, which stopped at 1.01 before he'd even kicked the conversion.

Funny old game.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Interesting call to take the tap. He asked Sir how much time was left at the Joeys lineout and again at the Joeys penalty half a dozen phases later.

Presumably more than enough to just tap & kick out. Maybe he backed their ability to pick & go for a few phases more than their lineout. They were down to 14 so keeping it in hand was arguably the right call.

No doubt he'll question it now but he had a fine match, led his team well, kicked everything and scored what most imagined would be the winning try with 90 seconds on the scoreboad clock, which stopped at 1.01 before he'd even kicked the conversion.

Funny old game.
The ref did not give clear advice about the time remaining. When the 7 got a yellow the ref said there was 5 minutes to go. They played for so long that the 7 came back on for another 3 or 4 minutes. The linesman questioned the ref when the 7 came back on as to why they were still playing, the ref said that he was playing injury time. There is no injury time in school boy rugby. Something went wrong but the above is probably the best explanation about why Hwi took the tap option. He simply could not work out how long there was to go.

Union on Top

Peter Burge (5)
The ref did not give clear advice about the time remaining. When the 7 got a yellow the ref said there was 5 minutes to go. They played for so long that the 7 came back on for another 3 or 4 minutes. The linesman questioned the ref when the 7 came back on as to why they were still playing, the ref said that he was playing injury time. There is no injury time in school boy rugby. Something went wrong but the above is probably the best explanation about why Hwi took the tap option. He simply could not work out how long there was to go.
I’m from the CAS forum reading this, but that’s sounds outrageous. Sounds like Joeys were robbed. Never has been injury time in schoolboy rugby, and there never should be as the games are so fast paced. Hwi is an impressive player, never puts a foot wrong; I see him getting a pro contract next year. From what I’ve seen and heard, Kings look the best so far. The GPS seems much stronger than the CAS this year, however, Knox have a great side and Barker are always good. Here’s to another great season of schoolboy footy!

Status
Not open for further replies.