• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
Tom Duddy absolutely creamed in the Joeys game against Scots, rumour has it the pitch has a hole in it now. Scots forwards played ordinarily, most of their opportunities were found by the backs within 12 and 13. Much weaker GPS competition this year, in my opinion every team from 2022 would beat all of these teams in 2023. Its an interesting thought ...
Nope, the Scots forwards were THE reason for the turnaround in the second half … why do you think 12 & 13 started actually getting opportunities??

Rookie21

Frank Nicholson (4)
Shore were extremely disappointing yesterday. They've got some great players in the form of Tom Klem and Marshall Le Maitre but the team looked lackluster in defence, with the team eventually losing all forms of structure as the game went on. I hope they do find success as the season goes on like they did last year.

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
3rd XV Trial 3 Results

High 1st XV 45 d St Stanislaus 3rd XV 10
It has been reported that High 1st XV have made it two wins in a row with victory over Stannies 3rds by a decent margin. They have now scored 70 points in the last two matches (compared to 0 points in the comp last year). What a great turnaround and looks promising for their first competition match which is an early comp game v TAS next week in Armidale. I can't wait for that one.

Kings 3rd XV 22 d v Shore 3rd XV 10
Kings are looking the goods with consecutive trial victories over Scots and Shore and clearly have no intention of letting the Col Windon Shield go anywhere else (they currently share it with Riverview). Their final trial match next week is against Newington at Stanmore and they should have no trouble with that match based on recent results.

Joeys 3rd XV 12 d Scots 3rd XV 7
It's always hard to win at Bellevue Hill so Joeys would be very happy with this trial result. They head to Shore next week for their final trial before the first comp round against Grammar. Scots are not out of this by any means. Close losses to Kings and Joeys put them right in the frame for a good season once the comp starts.

Riverview 3rd XV 31 d Newington 3rd XV 0
With a strong away win over Newington at Stanmore, Riverview 3rds are also shaping up well for defense of the title in 2023. They host Scots at Lane Cove in their final trial next Saturday and that should be a really good barometer for how they are travelling before the competition starts.

St Stanislaus 1st XV 15 d Grammar 1st XV 12
Grammar have now had three losses on the trot but have not played any trials against teams in the 3rd XV GPS competition, so it is really hard to know how they are going. My instinct says that they need to win before the competition starts. They are playing St Pats next week in their final trial so are likely to start the GPS competition as a bit of an unknown quatity when they face Joeys at Rushcutters Bay on 27 May.

Regards
INP

Last edited:

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
Where were you yesterday Subbie. I did walk round the dark side of the Death Star on occasion. Did you see me?
Morning @Joker, I was behind the goal posts at the Kirk end, so pretty much where all the action was. I mean can we take a moment to appreciate young Fitler's post try back/front flip. I feel when Jorgensen went off it changed a lot.

Also can we cover the unfair advantage Kings 1XV have, with access to the Principal's plunge pool, their recovery times will surely be much faster than all other teams.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
R
Morning @Joker, I was behind the goal posts at the Kirk end, so pretty much where all the action was. I mean can we take a moment to appreciate young Fitler's post try back/front flip. I feel when Jorgensen went off it changed a lot.

Also can we cover the unfair advantage Kings 1XV have, with access to the Principal's plunge pool, their recovery times will surely be much faster than all other teams.
tip to teams visiting Bellevue Hill, run towards the harbour in the second half. All the points are scored down there!

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
1684106922298.png

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Fun fact.....Joeys have not played a home game at all this year. Racking up the frequent flyer points.

Marist- Away (Catholic festival)
Knox- Away (Ordinary BBQ)
Oakhill- Away (Excellent BBQ and hospitality)
Scots- Away (Blackwatch always good. Burgers a bit small)
Shore- Away (Shore mothers coupled with the best pies...heaven)

The Front Rower

Sydney Middleton (9)
Nope, the Scots forwards were THE reason for the turnaround in the second half … why do you think 12 & 13 started actually getting opportunities??
Fittler and Jacques created opportunities not by the forwards rolling forward but by lateral movement and playing fast off the break. The Scots forwards have very little post contact metres hence why they don't get a roll on and create space and time on the ball for the backs.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Hi there.
I need some help with scores.

I require the View Vs New scores for...

13A and 13B
14A and 14B
15A and 15B

When we get those results the tables will be published.

Please help

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.