• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Scott

Peter Burge (5)
I never
Does anybody know why the orginally ended the offical 3rd XV comp in 1960? Also Shore seem to be the kings of the 2nd XV.
I never thought there was a formal 3rd XV competition until the recent entry in the 00's with SHS 1's, SGS 1's, TAS 1's - during the 90's it was only 1's and 2's. Suspect there may have been something more official back in the 60's?

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Tips please.

1684287152446.png

putitthroughthehands

Herbert Moran (7)
Early Scots vs View preview/prediction:
I believe that the Scots vs View game will be the game of the round this week. The two underdogs. After Scots strong comeback to secure the draw against Joeys and Views upset against New - both are showing a lot of potential to prove themselves this Saturday. I think that View will just get the win this week if Views key forwards continue to do the hard yards for their backs to get over the line. The likes of Bull, Noble and Sullivan are their go forward and are the ones to keep an eye on. However, Fittler will continue to prove his potential in attack and defence. Scots front-row could have one up on Views front row though at scrum time early - may struggle late in the game. The battle of the 10’s will also be key to this game. I think that Dillon’s got the one up here due to his ability to consistently counter on attack, especially with his midfield 'bombs' which will prove hard to defend. James will have to stay on his toes and play to his strengths and play towards the 10 or 12 channel.
Compared to this time last year View’s first field is holding up really well and is looking like a very nice surface to be running around on.
Should be a really good game.
I think View will just get over the line being at home. View by 8

The Front Rower

Sydney Middleton (9)
Early Scots vs View preview/prediction:
I believe that the Scots vs View game will be the game of the round this week. The two underdogs. After Scots strong comeback to secure the draw against Joeys and Views upset against New - both are showing a lot of potential to prove themselves this Saturday. I think that View will just get the win this week if Views key forwards continue to do the hard yards for their backs to get over the line. The likes of Bull, Noble and Sullivan are their go forward and are the ones to keep an eye on. However, Fittler will continue to prove his potential in attack and defence. Scots front-row could have one up on Views front row though at scrum time early - may struggle late in the game. The battle of the 10’s will also be key to this game. I think that Dillon’s got the one up here due to his ability to consistently counter on attack, especially with his midfield 'bombs' which will prove hard to defend. James will have to stay on his toes and play to his strengths and play towards the 10 or 12 channel.
Compared to this time last year View’s first field is holding up really well and is looking like a very nice surface to be running around on.
Should be a really good game.
I think View will just get over the line being at home. View by 8
Note: Scots 1stXV have 6 kids out this weekend! (Whole front row) plus Grayson Reimer, Blake Steep and Finnlay Bartlett,

Meat Pie Bandit

Frank Row (1)
Cut the Shore boys some slack, fairly obvious they're taking the mick out of the forum but members on here still taking offense to it (we 'd be better off if we lighten up), especially as this forum consists of "footyheads" long past their schoolboy days like myself (SJC class of 95) although pretty ironic we discuss schoolboy rugby and this has unintentionally seemed to become exclusively middle aged guys but when mischievous young lads muck around they are ridiculed (as if they don't already get that enough at school).
@Joker Last weekend I saw you at the death star from a galaxy far far away. Excited for this weekend, not far from Northbridge (thank the heavens shore is playing scots at the death star next week, the bagpipes make my Saturday a nightmare) even though I'm a Joeys Old Boy. Excited to watch my young boy in the in 13D's at Northbridge B ground. Bill is a tank at prop, 73 kgs in Year 7. Future 1st XV contender if he lays off the meat pies and gives them to his father.

Meat Pie Bandit.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Joker, it wasn’t an official comp but I can inform you that in 1987 the Kings 3rd XV was undefeated, and by default they must have been premiers. It’s possible they drew with Joeys, I can find out if you like.
Great.
Joeys 3rds were undefeated with TKS. 0-0 a draw so a shared premiership

1684294031734.png

Last edited:

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
The Front Rower
6 TSC kids out. That's a lot. Injury/sickness ? That outs a strain on depth. I might change my tip and go for View. Wait for the team lists.

shoresportsphotgrapher

Peter Burge (5)
Cut the Shore boys some slack, fairly obvious they're taking the mick out of the forum but members on here still taking offense to it (we 'd be better off if we lighten up), especially as this forum consists of "footyheads" long past their schoolboy days like myself (SJC class of 95) although pretty ironic we discuss schoolboy rugby and this has unintentionally seemed to become exclusively middle aged guys but when mischievous young lads muck around they are ridiculed (as if they don't already get that enough at school).
@Joker Last weekend I saw you at the death star from a galaxy far far away. Excited for this weekend, not far from Northbridge (thank the heavens shore is playing scots at the death star next week, the bagpipes make my Saturday a nightmare) even though I'm a Joeys Old Boy. Excited to watch my young boy in the in 13D's at Northbridge B ground. Bill is a tank at prop, 73 kgs in Year 7. Future 1st XV contender if he lays off the meat pies and gives them to his father.

Meat Pie Bandit.
73 kgs in year 7? sign him up for 1sts. Good stuff meat pie, starting the kids young on the pies

hardrunner4362

Frank Row (1)
My boy, Angus Beggs (sends kids to the big man) will be playing against joeys this weekend at Northbridge A ground for the 3rd XV against Joeys. Joeys had a good win against Scots on the weekend and will be looking to chase that feeling. I know Shore will put up a good fight against a strong Joeys team. Shore has a couple of injuries but with the return of Joyce in the centers (coming back from concussion) the Shore 3rd XV will be getting ready for a tough matchup. Ollie Brabin is in doubt with a back injury but from the talk around the school he is ready to play this weekend. I love how footy is getting back up and running. I remember when I played back in the day (TKS 1985) footy was the only thing I cared about. I hope to see everyone pack the stands on Saturday.
Regards,
Hard Runner

Status
Not open for further replies.