• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoresportsphotgrapher

Peter Burge (5)
Meat pie and a cup of tooheys is a staple of rugby in the 70s-90s, I can remember my first tooheys :D, With some classic commericals. Shame the food at the footy has been commericalised really by greedy owners such as the people at allianz . A night out now to support the tahs will easily cost you over $100, no wonder its a ghost town, selection is also terrible and price sure to put a hole in the wallet.

Totally agree with you @Ruckhitter the food at Northbridge is next level - I would love for all games to be their - quality pies and sausage sandwiches with some good cut meat as well.
ever since justin hemmes took over all the food out at the SCG and Allianz, cost's me more than 1 days wage to be able to go to a game

the chainsaw

Frank Row (1)
apparently, scots have fallen apart, I am calling a pummelling win for View. with the recent loss of Billy hansen due to knee injuries and the whole front row scots are in trouble

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
I just need to say this. Several weeks into the rugby season and Joeys hasn't had a single home fixture. the away games are fine but what bothers me most is that I haven't been able to enjoy a "rowers lot"from the bbq as yet. Looking forward to Saturday week!

Mr Scott

Peter Burge (5)
Cut the Shore boys some slack, fairly obvious they're taking the mick out of the forum but members on here still taking offense to it (we 'd be better off if we lighten up), especially as this forum consists of "footyheads" long past their schoolboy days like myself (SJC class of 95) although pretty ironic we discuss schoolboy rugby and this has unintentionally seemed to become exclusively middle aged guys but when mischievous young lads muck around they are ridiculed (as if they don't already get that enough at school).
@Joker Last weekend I saw you at the death star from a galaxy far far away. Excited for this weekend, not far from Northbridge (thank the heavens shore is playing scots at the death star next week, the bagpipes make my Saturday a nightmare) even though I'm a Joeys Old Boy. Excited to watch my young boy in the in 13D's at Northbridge B ground. Bill is a tank at prop, 73 kgs in Year 7. Future 1st XV contender if he lays off the meat pies and gives them to his father.

Meat Pie Bandit.
I was once one of those pesky Bagpipers :)

Mr Scott

Peter Burge (5)
Can anyone confirm whether the rumour that Cranbrook and Scott's are doing a joint training session. I've heard it's happening tomorrow at Scot's but not too sure how true this is.
Could it just be an opposed training session?

Dont let those Brookie Brewsters near our Hyper Chamber ;)

SCRUMpscous

Frank Row (1)
Hey Footylovers,
Thought I'd let you guys know about the Shore 6th XV squad! They have an unusually strong side, I believe it is because these boys are playing 'socials' Rugby. It is a disgrace that these boys do not have the heart to represent the Shore Badge and play to their best efforts. As a Shore old boy (1990) it pains me to see friends of my son disrespecting the game of football. Don't get me wrong my rugby days were some of my best and most fun memories, however this came through our great results due to hard work and unfathomable effort and commitment. Anyway that's my rant over, let me know what you think about this topic but most importantly, get around to the games this weekend, hope to see some of you up at Northbridge this weekend for the classic Shore vs Joeys rivalry!

Regards,

Rucky
I'd like to echo those words from Rucky on the 6th XV... I too agree that the talent in this team of prodigies has gone to waste. As an old Shore boy (1993) and current Shore Dad (Year 9), I'm thoroughly disappointed in the boys from this team letting down their school and allowing their talents go to waste. It would've been great to see these boys wearing a GPS jersey and play an opposition more suited towards their level.

Scrum out

shoresportsphotgrapher

Peter Burge (5)
theres a lot more depth than just marshall le maitre and tom klem, such depth is seen in James warner, Tim Bannister, fin baxter, henry conick and ollie mackellar. All these names highlight the depth at shore. Dont see much depth at view

shoresportsphotgrapher

Peter Burge (5)
Hey Footylovers,
Thought I'd let you guys know about the Shore 6th XV squad! They have an unusually strong side, I believe it is because these boys are playing 'socials' Rugby. It is a disgrace that these boys do not have the heart to represent the Shore Badge and play to their best efforts. As a Shore old boy (1990) it pains me to see friends of my son disrespecting the game of football. Don't get me wrong my rugby days were some of my best and most fun memories, however this came through our great results due to hard work and unfathomable effort and commitment. Anyway that's my rant over, let me know what you think about this topic but most importantly, get around to the games this weekend, hope to see some of you up at Northbridge this weekend for the classic Shore vs Joeys rivalry!

Regards,

Rucky
Hey Rucky,
Being an old boy myself OB(2000) (can you believe it was 23 years ago, still remember the glory days) - I have to agree, it pains me to see wasted talent play social footy and focus on school. School does not matter - look at me back at my school taking photos (something I'd never thought i'd do)
Rucky mate i'd love to catch up with you this weekend if your there at Piesbridge
Cheers.

Mr Scott

Peter Burge (5)
Nothing like some muddy wet footy if it does cave in. Maybe that's why the first View Joeys game this year is at Leichhardt again - just in case. What are people's thoughts on playing games at venues such as Leichhardt?
Not a big fan but over the years there has been the odd game played as a curtain raiser to NSW or Wallaby Matches..I can think of examples in the 90's. Maybe they were trials but certainly not whole days of opens rugby.

scrumcentral

Frank Row (1)
Hey Rucky,
Being an old boy myself OB(2000) (can you believe it was 23 years ago, still remember the glory days) - I have to agree, it pains me to see wasted talent play social footy and focus on school. School does not matter - look at me back at my school taking photos (something I'd never thought i'd do)
Rucky mate i'd love to catch up with you this weekend if your there at Piesbridge
Cheers.
I strongly agree with this statement, school is just a place for young men to hopefully endure a education but in reality school does not matter. There are many places young men can go to make a living.
So much wasted potential in young men that just want to be rich.

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
Hey there @Balmain Subbies (and those who have asked about the 1981 SJC v TSC match)

A friend sent me the link to the Joeys 2023 season launch video.
It does show a grainy video of the 1981 game finish.
I have not seen this for years and when I did it was in bad shape.
Joeys have only recently be having their old VHS tapes digitized and restored.
Click below and the video will start at this historic moment (and you will not have to wait 6 minutes....)

The rest of the video uses footage from across time, many 2018 video shots. Seem to be an emphasis on Scots/View and Newington games.
Worth a look anyway.

@Joker I didn't ask as I have had the pleasure or misery of having both Colin and Tim tell me about that day and the "tricks" used by certain people. Colin said of all his loses in his career, that one hurts the most

Status
Not open for further replies.