• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
And yes I will be eating a Shore Pie.
Join me one day INP. I will buy the pies or Rower.

Joeys boys wrangling their dinner.

1684405008593.png

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
Not to be a nuisance but I believe meat pie said that Bill is 70kg not 80kg. 80 kilograms in U13s would be freakish...the triangle department of music at SHORE would be getting accusations from all angles.
There would’ve been few 80kg’s over the years at Newington

bsmittos08

Frank Row (1)
Hey Front rower,

I am assuming you are a scot's supporter or have a fair idea of what's going on within their program. I was just wondering if you would be able to give us an insight into their depth...Backs and Forwards.

cheers
Hey footyyhead

Speaking on scot's depth, they've decided to bring a yearr 10 by the name of Cooper Geurin into the starting front row, interesting to see how the young fella goes.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
View attachment 16061View attachment 16062
@Joker this is best proof I could find I believe there is YouTube highlights of them also stating that they went undefeated. I try looking if I can find actually results. But this is the schools alma Mater which is pretty accurate.
perfect.
Thank you

With the 1st and 2nd's undefeated this would be a GOLDEN Triple Crown if the 3rd XV was still being played for.
Anyway, my record now shows SIC 3rd XV unofficial premiers and unofficial Golden triple crown.

1684443508695.png

Congratulations to everyone that season

Last edited:

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
TIPPING CLOSES at 12am midnight.
Sorry, I have an early start tomorrow.
Sons to be driven, colts to be watched, pies to be eaten.....etc.
Get them in today. Still have many who have not yet given me theirs.
Away teams looking strong but the real points come from the margins.

1684444940612.png

brumbiesrugby

Trevor Allan (34)
The Joeys "trick of stopping the clock" with two minutes to go is a homage to earlier days when referees had complete power over time. For those who continue to say refs are "sole judge of time and law", the iRB allowed referees to appoint official timekeepers some time in the early 2000s. Joeys, in this instance, have quaintly not moved with the times.

The tackle by the Joeys 7 was RIGHT in front of me. I don't have access to any replay so I'm happy to stand corrected; I thought the Scots fella had a toe on the ground. If he didn't it was a matter of poor timing rather than any malevolent intention. YC every day.

BTW, I'm former Level 1 referee and former Level 2 touchie. For those of you who know me I had a habit of publicly taking off my Joeys cap before reffing and putting on a Tahs cap I kept for the occasion. I deplore hometown referees, and decisions.

Great game, fair result. The ref kept proper time on his watch, there were significant passages of injury which weren't reflected on the scoreboard time. He did an outstanding job.
I agree, thought he was excellent.

The Old Man

Frank Row (1)
I heard Billy Hansen is out with a knee injury can anyone confirm this? That is a massive blow for Scots along with all the other injuries.

_offsideobserver_

Bob McCowan (2)
Good Morning the BALLSINATOR here, hope you all have a tremendous day on this fresh cool morning

just flicking on a few cheeky multis :)

shore and Riverview to win $10

SHORE VS joeys
First Try Score - Milo H-S - $2.10
To Score 3 or more - Sam Andrew - $1.01
Last Try Scorer - TOM DUDDY - $34.30

ODDS $37.41 BET $2000 WINNINGS - $74.820

SCOTS VS RIVERVIEW
First Try Score - zac fittler $3.10
To Score 3 or more - MATTY (sideline goat) $0.99
Last Try Scorer - liam grover $2.20

ODDS - $5.99 BET$20 WINNINGS $120

THANKS FOR THAT THE BALLSINATOR OUT LOVE x
@ballsinator, you should be putting life savings on Sam Andrew for 3 tries or more, i hear that he is a scoring machine!!

Cockatoo Run

Allen Oxlade (6)
Joeys travel away for the fifth consecutive game to face Shore at the pie lovers favourite ground at Northbridge.

Following the frustration of their 31-all draw at Scots, the visitors will come ready to continue the first half dominance they have provided in every game this year so far, but will need to avoid the second half fades that have marked their season to date.

Shore, although well beaten by Kings last week, showed that with enough possession they have the talent to score points, with No. 10 (Whatley) showing plenty of skill and footwork, ably supported by talented fullback (Klem) and an energetic link man in the 7 jersey (Le Maître). If the locals can tighten up their defence they will feel they have the game smarts that can apply a second half blowtorch to make the Joeys boys nervous. Key man will be their No. 4 (Mccreery) to help the Shore pack repel the Joeys surges.

For Joeys, this week they have had bad news with a major ankle injury to their key No. 12, Oscar Jorgensen, whose syndesmosis injury will require surgery and a return to play in term 3. He will join No. 8 Eamon Doyle as a frustrated observer on the sideline for the next 5 weeks, and likely much of the rep season beyond. Fortunately for Joeys, their depth in the midfield means Hunter Fogarty comes up to wear the 12 jersey. For all Joeys will lose in midfield brute force, they will gain an experienced and energetic ball player who will provide opportunities for those around him.

The rest of the team remain unchanged, and the forward pack will be keen to assert physical dominance in contact, led by second rows Mangelsdorf and Greer. It is hard to recall a more brutal half of GPS rugby than the first 35 mins last week at the Death Star. Whether they can get themselves up for a repeat dose and maintain the rage for the second half will decide if an upset is truly on the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.