• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve heard some talk about the shore 1st XV, especially the winger Preston Scott and his performance on the weekend against Kings. Looking upon clutch the matchup between Tyrese and him I thought was really balanced and did very well considering the size difference.

shoresportsphotgrapher

Peter Burge (5)
Joeys travel away for the fifth consecutive game to face Shore at the pie lovers favourite ground at Northbridge.

Following the frustration of their 31-all draw at Scots, the visitors will come ready to continue the first half dominance they have provided in every game this year so far, but will need to avoid the second half fades that have marked their season to date.

Shore, although well beaten by Kings last week, showed that with enough possession they have the talent to score points, with No. 10 (Whatley) showing plenty of skill and footwork, ably supported by talented fullback (Klem) and an energetic link man in the 7 jersey (Le Maître). If the locals can tighten up their defence they will feel they have the game smarts that can apply a second half blowtorch to make the Joeys boys nervous. Key man will be their No. 4 (Mccreery) to help the Shore pack repel the Joeys surges.

For Joeys, this week they have had bad news with a major ankle injury to their key No. 12, Oscar Jorgensen, whose syndesmosis injury will require surgery and a return to play in term 3. He will join No. 8 Eamon Doyle as a frustrated observer on the sideline for the next 5 weeks, and likely much of the rep season beyond. Fortunately for Joeys, their depth in the midfield means Hunter Fogarty comes up to wear the 12 jersey. For all Joeys will lose in midfield brute force, they will gain an experienced and energetic ball player who will provide opportunities for those around him.

The rest of the team remain unchanged, and the forward pack will be keen to assert physical dominance in contact, led by second rows Mangelsdorf and Greer. It is hard to recall a more brutal half of GPS rugby than the first 35 mins last week at the Death Star. Whether they can get themselves up for a repeat dose and maintain the rage for the second half will decide if an upset is truly on the cards.
Is this Oscar Jorgensen injury true?

The Front Rower

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hey Front rower,

I am assuming you are a scot's supporter or have a fair idea of what's going on within their program. I was just wondering if you would be able to give us an insight into their depth...Backs and Forwards.

cheers
Hi Footy Head- The Scots 1sts and 2nds backs are very good. In the 1sts Zac Fittler and Leo J are exceptional talents and only year 11. Henry James is very solid at 10 and has a very good kicking game. Unfortunately for whatever reason the injuries this season are nuts. This will test the depth of Scots open program against the power houses of both Kings and Joeys. The forwards are light on due to injuries to Duddy, Guilfoyle and Press all front Row. Throw in long term injuries to Blake Steep and Finn Bartlett it doesn't bode well. The shining light in the pack is big Toby Brial he's a class act and go a long way in the future. The seconds have allot of depth which stems from the Year 11 cohort which is a real outstanding group. Time will tell what happens just hope no more injuries and best of luck to Cooper Guerin year 10 being called up to the 1stXV this weekend a great honor for someone young. Scots in 2024 will be a real force and looks like Newington will be as well.

shoresportsphotgrapher

Peter Burge (5)
Weather for tomorrow
8 to 19 degrees - looks to be a little chilly for the early morning games
Sunny. Winds southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light early in the morning.
Looks to be a slight left to right breeze up at Northbridge (or should I call it Piesbridge now) if you are facing the rest of the field.
Looks to be a good game, with perfect weather.

Bob Peters

Frank Nicholson (4)
Joeys 1st XV vs Shore
1. Gordon Durie
2. Charlie O’Kane
3. James Winters
4. Joe Mangelsdorf
5. Arthur Greer
6. Johannes Logan
7. Pat Young
8. Justice Taumoepeau
9. Hwi Sharples (c)
10. Jonty Fowler
11. Caleb Murphy
12. Hunter Fogarty
13. Ethan Tombs
14. Ben Chick
15. Patrick Broe

Injured: Eamon Doyle, Oscar Jorgensen
Coaches: Greg Thompson / Rob Hahn

shoresportsphotgrapher

Peter Burge (5)
BREAKING NEWS OUT OF SCOTS COLLEGE

My sources at manly junior footy have informed Finn Bartlett is set to the miss the league season to focus on scots footy. He is supposedly back round 7 ( first round of term 3 ) against riverview at home , now opting to have shoulder surgery after the school season. Love to see the commitment to the badge and will be a big inclusion back into the first 1XV for scots college possibly being the difference they may need to clinch the prem.
@Ruckhitter this also means that he is more likely to do it again. This could turn out to be worse for him and scots

Weather for tomorrow
8 to 19 degrees - looks to be a little chilly for the early morning games
Sunny. Winds southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light early in the morning.
Looks to be a slight left to right breeze up at Northbridge (or should I call it Piesbridge now) if you are facing the rest of the field.
Looks to be a good game, with perfect weather.
Great to here, will be there early to watch my son and will be excited to watch joeys play there game of footy (also the meatpies:)

SCRUMpscous

Frank Row (1)
The 3rd XV has been hit hard by numerous injuries losing almost half their forward pack and numerous backs. However we will see Hugo "speed demon" Jansen run on, I believe he will make an immediate impact on the game with this smooth ball handling skills and outstanding athletic ability. I look forward to watching this display of skill and grit from Hugo at the Bridge while munching a meat pie on the sidelines (@Meat Pie Bandit ;)).

Scrum out

OneMaulStepForMan

Stan Wickham (3)
The 3rd XV has been hit hard by numerous injuries losing almost half their forward pack and numerous backs. However we will see Hugo "speed demon" Jansen run on, I believe he will make an immediate impact on the game with this smooth ball handling skills and outstanding athletic ability. I look forward to watching this display of skill and grit from Hugo at the Bridge while munching a meat pie on the sidelines (@Meat Pie Bandit ;)).

Scrum out
I believe the rumour around Jansen was due to injury last year he wasn't able to run on for the 2nd XV. He was known to be playing in the 1st XV this season but his right hamstring was playing up again and he was discarded from the GPS squad indefinitely and put directly into the 4th XV. Sad story for Hugo but good to see he will be getting a run in a skilled GPS team this weekend. Excited to see young James Warner (Year 11) play in the 1st XV for shore this weekend. Talented hooker with strong scrummaging skills and ruthless defence. I heard from his father that it was his 17th birthday yesterday. Would be great for him to get a win in celebration. Cheers.

TheMaulester

Herbert Moran (7)
Hey guys so excited to be on this forum.
As an old SJC boy (1994) (cant believe my glory days were 30 years ago.) Feels like just yesterday I was storming down that 1st field sideline! Anyways... enough about myself;), I've been analyzing stats for Shore against Joeys this weekend and though Shore had some strife last weekend against Kings, I believe they have a fair shot against my Joeys boys. Under the newbie Henry Conick at Centre linking with Marshall Le Maitre I think the Joeys boys might struggle this weekend, especially since they will be playing at the 'Bridge' this weekend.

Let me know what you think...
Regards,

Maulester

samuelgregory37

Stan Wickham (3)
BREAKING NEWS OUT OF SCOTS COLLEGE

My sources at manly junior footy have informed Finn Bartlett is set to the miss the league season to focus on scots footy. He is supposedly back round 7 ( first round of term 3 ) against riverview at home , now opting to have shoulder surgery after the school season. Love to see the commitment to the badge and will be a big inclusion back into the first 1XV for scots college possibly being the difference they may need to clinch the prem.
can report this is hard 'cap', ruckhitter let's get our information and sources correct before we comment on young rugby players lives.

SG37

NoRucksGiven

Frank Row (1)
What is the actual shoulder injury? if it is a subluxation or even multiple events, it can be managed through the season if ones pain tolerance is high enough.
I've known Finn for quite a while now (friends with my young lad), he's quite the tough cookie! I am sure he will be able to bounce very quickly and carve up like he was before the injury.

Regards,

Rucky

Mr Scott

Peter Burge (5)
Hey Rucky,
Being an old boy myself OB(2000) (can you believe it was 23 years ago, still remember the glory days) - I have to agree, it pains me to see wasted talent play social footy and focus on school. School does not matter - look at me back at my school taking photos (something I'd never thought i'd do)
Rucky mate i'd love to catch up with you this weekend if your there at Piesbridge
I strongly agree with this statement, school is just a place for young men to hopefully endure a education but in reality school does not matter. There are many places young men can go to make a living.
So much wasted potential in young men that just want to be rich.

@Mr Scott , slightly out of dates with those fine players. WW left 86 if I recall and Stu was 90, was Aussie schools with Scott Bowen. Fun fact about WW, has an identical Twin brother. Both excelled in rowing and rugby. One chose the farm one chased RWC glory
Add Tom Bowman 94 to the list. The bloke was so tall he had his own Aspinal House bunk bed extended that they had to move from dorm to dorm each year. Surely it's in the TSC museum :)

SCRUMpscous

Frank Row (1)
Hey guys so excited to be on this forum.
As an old SJC boy (1994) (cant believe my glory days were 30 years ago.) Feels like just yesterday I was storming down that 1st field sideline! Anyways... enough about myself;), I've been analyzing stats for Shore against Joeys this weekend and though Shore had some strife last weekend against Kings, I believe they have a fair shot against my Joeys boys. Under the newbie Henry Conick at Centre linking with Marshall Le Maitre I think the Joeys boys might struggle this weekend, especially since they will be playing at the 'Bridge' this weekend.

Let me know what you think...
Regards,

Maulester
I'd like to echo this statement... I really admire your confidence to favor the SHORE side over Joeys, I'm sure at school that'll be a "big no no". Anyways enough about that, I couldn't agree more on the electricity of this lineup for such young players these boys have a bright future, you seem to have such great knowledge on these boys (must be in all of those mauls ;) ).

Scrum Out

Status
Not open for further replies.