• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Tuesday 20th June. I believe it is at Knox.

Pretty good list of players. Only one I think you haven’t got that deserves to be thought of is Newington 15.
Do you know what happened to Casey McLean and Farr Jones on the weekend? Both got taken off at half time i believe to Injury. Pretty major loss for the backline if the case

Lepale

Frank Nicholson (4)
Players from each school who will have a crack at GPS 1s in my opinion

Kings: 2,3,7,10,11
View: 1,7,8,10,13,15
Shore: 15
Scots: 2,8,13
Joeys: 9,11,12
Newington: 1,4,6,11,13

Thoughts?

Turning this 23 into 15 would give me some headaches, luckily im not a selector.

Anyone know if GPS will play CAS at Knox like usual this year?
I would add Kings 9 and 12 in that list as well

Lepale

Frank Nicholson (4)
considering both kings and view 9 have been outstanding helping both there teams to being 2-0. And joeys still being winless after two games.

it would be fair to say next Saturday kings and view 9 will be playing for a selection in the Gps 2nds side and maybe even the 1s side depending on selectors thoughts. Joeys 9 is a star we all know that, but this season with joeys slow start it could be costly for his position in Gps 1s
Totally agreed Kings 9 is another rising star. He has a speed of a winger for a small guy

Lepale

Frank Nicholson (4)
Kings vs Riverview next week will be the most significant game to date. The 2 undefeated team go head to head at Parramatta. The winner of this game put themselves in a good position to really challange for the Premiership.

Key Matchups: 7v7, 10v10, 13v13.
Totally agreed but I think Kings at home will be a huge ask for View. But rugby is a funny game. Whoever is hungrier for the win

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Interesting to hear other peoples answers but what's everyone's rankings of the easiest to hardest grounds to play at (for the away teams).
6. Riverview
5. Scots
4. Shore
3. Newington
2. Joeys
1. Kings

Hippo

Frank Nicholson (4)
I'm not sure if other schools were in similar positions but I noticed on Saturday that Riverview's 15B's played St Patrick's 15A's. Great game however Riverview lost by about 5. Don't quote me but I think the score was 19-24 in favour of St Patrick's.
Scots in the 15s is problematic for all other schools (Riverview on the weekend) every year due to Glenngarry for the year 9s, they typically only have 2 sides. Good work on Riverview for getting their Bs a competitive game. IIRC the Joeys Es beat the Scots Bs twice last season. Good luck to Joker and the stats team on getting the scores.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Do you know what happened to Casey McLean and Farr Jones on the weekend? Both got taken off at half time i believe to Injury. Pretty major loss for the backline if the case
I don’t. They become a very simple team to defend without those 2. I’d be tempted to move 15 into the centres if they are out. Problem is depth isn’t there to make a lot of moves successfully.

View v Kings is a great spectacle. Kings go in as favourites at home and they deserve it. If View can keep in it close (10points) into the last 10-15 they are a real chance IMO. Nightmare of a team to defend at the end of a game.

Snowy Mountains

Frank Nicholson (4)
With a draw and a loss to start the year, will the Scots coaching staff pick and stick or make some changes to the 1st XV?
9, 11 and15 not having the best start to the season might be under pressure. Scots don't appear to have a lot of depth however can easily cover these 3 positions from the 2nd's. The right-hand edge of Scots seems to be problematic (defensively).
Looking forward to heading out to watch Kings v View. Should be a great game.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Scots 10 in the 2nds was very good. Sliced through a few times and seemed very controlled. I assume he has an ok kicking game and he can clearly read the field pretty well. I'd back he could play 15 for the 1sts.

9 is a problem for a team if they arent firing. You are basically advertising to the opposition to counter ruck every time and get off the line and pressure him which then throws your 10. Could have probably taken a run from the base more often to bring in the Riverview back row instead of allowing them to get right up on 10,12

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Interesting to hear other peoples answers but what's everyone's rankings of the easiest to hardest grounds to play at (for the away teams).
6. Riverview
5. Scots
4. Shore
3. Newington
2. Joeys
1. Kings
It seems this looks like a job for me to evaluate.
Stand by today for 'Joker's Location, Location, Location Venue Review'

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
In the meantime, plenty to ponder....
This season really does not have an easy match up.
I think plenty would want to see Kings and View belt the stuffing out of one another.
The match of the round at the bottom paddock.

1684706347433.png

The Front Rower

Sydney Middleton (9)
Great to see Hatrick Hartman bagging 3 meat pies on Saturday excellent display from Riverview. Really showing some great tikka and heart. Scot’s are a complete fast, a complete bunch of individuals.
Hartman had a great game and completely schooled his opponent. I hope the boy from the Riverview 2nds is ok? does anyone know?

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
6. Riverview
5. Scots
4. Shore
3. Newington
2. Joeys
1. Kings
Define play at!? Get to, park (omg) or get belted. Everyone must die a little inside when they see that away game at Joeys come up.

Morning all, for the people wondering, every week I will be attempting to posting the "Team of the Week" each Monday at 9am.
Congratulations to all the boys who made the round 2 team.

Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 8.46.25 am.png

The flyhalf and fullback where the hardest positions to pick this week.
Special mention goes out towards the Riverview 10 Joe Dillion. The team and I argued about who was the best 10 this round and after a long debate, we chose B. Fakafanua.

The Import.

Status
Not open for further replies.