• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
I would like to challenge anyone to make the best u17 GPS team. Mine is:
1. Tom Duddy (S)
2. James Warner (E)
3. Daniel Rigney (I)
4. Charlie B (I)
5. Edwin Langi (K)
6. Arthur Greer (J)
7. Conor Dempsey (I)
8. Justice (J)
9. Edward Carter (I) (C)
10. Jonty Fowler (J)
11. Tom Hartman (I)
12. Fitler of Zach (S)
13. Seb Zukerman (I)
14. Marco Vechio (I)
15. Leo Jacques (S)
would assume Hartman, Fowler and Justice would all play 16's in the actual team rather than theoretical one.

Last edited:

Snowy Mountains

Frank Nicholson (4)
I would like to challenge anyone to make the best u17 GPS team. Mine is:
1. Tom Duddy (S)
2. James Warner (E)
3. Daniel Rigney (I)
4. Charlie B (I)
5. Edwin Langi (K)
6. Arthur Greer (J)
7. Conor Dempsey (I)
8. Justice (J)
9. Edward Carter (I) (C)
10. Jonty Fowler (J)
11. Tom Hartman (I)
12. Fitler of Zach (S)
13. Seb Zukerman (I)
14. Marco Vechio (I)
15. Leo Jacques (S)
Interesting choices. 9 looks set to be back to 3rd grade this week. Would assume the Scots 9? and Kings 3rd grade 9 ahead of View. No Tom Watts? No Large? 10 looks to be an issue, leading his team to 2 draws. Max Mason could be the 10?

The Front Rower

Sydney Middleton (9)
The gun number 12 from Riverview Liam Hayes is not being talked about enough. Shaping up perfectly for the GPS season his right foot step is a force to be reckoned with. Brilliant kicking game backed up with agility, speed and strength.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this player ?
He was fantastic on Saturday a real talent and one to watch in the future

With the emerging push for coeducation in Sydney schools, does anyone know if there will eventually be any dedicated competitive school rugby association for woman? I'm just wondering as I have a prodigy daughter who I'm sure will someday become a future wallaroo. Also, are there any good private cooed or all-woman union schools I should keep my eye out for?

UL1985,

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
With the emerging push for coeducation in Sydney schools, does anyone know if there will eventually be any dedicated competitive school rugby association for woman? I'm just wondering as I have a prodigy daughter who I'm sure will someday become a future wallaroo. Also, are there any good private cooed or all-woman union schools I should keep my eye out for?

UL1985,
Why do you sign ur own posts ?

brumbiesrugby

Trevor Allan (34)
considering both kings and view 9 have been outstanding helping both there teams to being 2-0. And joeys still being winless after two games.

it would be fair to say next Saturday kings and view 9 will be playing for a selection in the Gps 2nds side and maybe even the 1s side depending on selectors thoughts. Joeys 9 is a star we all know that, but this season with joeys slow start it could be costly for his position in Gps 1s
Not only is he their best player he is also a gun goal kicker 4/4 on Sat including 3 from touch. Gives him a sizeable edge. But early days.

Frontrow warrior

Frank Row (1)
Players from each school who will have a crack at GPS 1s in my opinion

Kings: 2,3,7,10,11
View: 1,7,8,10,13,15
Shore: 15
Scots: 2,8,13
Joeys: 9,11,12
Newington: 1,4,6,11,13

Thoughts?

Turning this 23 into 15 would give me some headaches, luckily im not a selector.

Anyone know if GPS will play CAS at Knox like usual this year?
Agree with those guys but would add in —Shore -7 high work rate and good with ball in hand. -Joeys -2 Strong ball carries and carts it up all day , great line out throws -kings- 15 chimes in well from the back.

Last edited:

Dominic Cabot

Frank Row (1)
Is anyone aware of how the Kings forward pack are shaping up this week in regard to any potential injuries or changes as the boys on the river seem to be struggling with a few big losses, namely number 5 Charlie Bull. This game will certainly be game of the round, or at least you'd expect and I anticipate much of the action will occur in the middle of the field with the dominance of the Kings pack. View backline need to continue performing if the boys are a chance. Another few tries from the likes of Hartman and Grover could come in handy. Any thoughts?

-Cabot

Is anyone aware of how the Kings forward pack are shaping up this week in regard to any potential injuries or changes as the boys on the river seem to be struggling with a few big losses, namely number 5 Charlie Bull. This game will certainly be game of the round, or at least you'd expect and I anticipate much of the action will occur in the middle of the field with the dominance of the Kings pack. View backline need to continue performing if the boys are a chance. Another few tries from the likes of Hartman and Grover could come in handy. Any thoughts?

-Cabot
Will be a great game. Honestly have no clue whats going to happen but I think this Riverview team has built up a great culture throughout the last couple months.

On paper, kings win, comftorbly you could argue.

But view wont stop trying till the whistle. If view win it will be due to their fitness, attitude and effort. In saying this, view do have some great players like Dillon and both Grovers to name a few

Status
Not open for further replies.