• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
I've heard whispers from a confidential source that Leichhardt Oval will be putting on a huge barbecue fundraiser, all profits going to the immediate construction of new and improved tungsten-enforced railings that can withstand the sheer might of 20 intoxicated Joey's old boys.
It’s true, the BBQ will include a special Leichhardt Rowing Club Rowers Lot.

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
After round two of the Competition, are there any guaranteed spots for GPS 1st XV ????
Realistically the only guarantee would be Hadely Tonga. Hiwi sharps could be apart of this list but due to joeys form at the moment I don’t have him in there.

It will be interesting to see who gets selected @ #2….Lipina Ata (Newington) or BaileyParks (Kings)

quite a simple solution, lipina is playing lose head prop at the moment so he we’ll take the 1 jersey and park will take the 2.

I wonder who will take that 10 jersey? From my understanding both Scots and View 10s have been the most impressive so far.

This comment has made me chuckle, how can this statement be made when both weeks the kings 10s Boston fakafunu and sam McLachlan have made team of the week.

Vai a Riva

Stan Wickham (3)
quite a simple solution, lipina is playing lose head prop at the moment so he we’ll take the 1 jersey and park will take the 2.
It’s not as simple as you might think. Yes both Ata and Park are playing very good footy however in my eyes as of right now the No.1 jersey is in the hands of Hamis Grover. He’s been in the Team of the Week two weeks in a row and is genuinely one of the best defenders in the comp. He might not be as strong a ball carrier as Ata but his tips(passing) into contact is phenomenal and he is the linchpin of the View’s defense. It will certainly be interesting.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
I've heard whispers from a confidential source that Leichhardt Oval will be putting on a huge barbecue fundraiser, all profits going to the immediate construction of new and improved tungsten-enforced railings that can withstand the sheer might of 20 intoxicated Joey's old boys.
e8a5f0569e5151fdc60c8339fd6b8fc3.jpg

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Good morning
AAGPS Tipping competition

Tick, tick, tick.....time is running out

This clock wont be held back like the one in Hunters Hill......

1684962404176.png

Lepale

Frank Nicholson (4)
It will be interesting to see who gets selected @ #2….Lipina Ata (Newington)

I wonder who will take that 10 jersey? From my understanding both Scots and View 10s have been the most impressive so far.
The Kings 10 Sam is another awesome rising player and he can cover fullback as well. Huge test for #10 on Sat when he faces the View 10

Lepale

Frank Nicholson (4)
Realistically the only guarantee would be Hadely Tonga. Hiwi sharps could be apart of this list but due to joeys form at the moment I don’t have him in there.

This comment has made me chuckle, how can this statement be made when both weeks the kings 10s Boston fakafunu and sam McLachlan have made team of the week.
Some funny people in this chatroom I can tell they never played footy before ‍♂️

putitthroughthehands

Herbert Moran (7)
Hwi Sharples
I also believe that based on current form View's 9 is also a major contender for the halfback position. Despite Hwi Sharples being pretty much a given by most I wouldn't turn a blind eye to other halfbacks in the competition.
Kings 9 is also a contender based on form.
considering both kings and view 9 have been outstanding helping both there teams to being 2-0. And joeys still being winless after two games.

it would be fair to say next Saturday kings and view 9 will be playing for a selection in the Gps 2nds side and maybe even the 1s side depending on selectors thoughts. Joeys 9 is a star we all know that, but this season with joeys slow start it could be costly for his position in Gps 1s

SimonPhillips

Bob McCowan (2)
Good morning
AAGPS Tipping competition

Tick, tick, tick.....time is running out

This clock wont be held back like the one in Hunters Hill......

View attachment 16157
Joeys +19
Riverview + 7
Scots +22

- Boys from Stanmore will choke under pressure down at 'heavens playground', haven't looked too good so far and are a bit underwhelming.
- Riverview is coming off 2 strong wins, the team possesses great momentum and team chemistry, think they will just get up over the Kings boys at the 'bottom paddock'
- The boys from Scots College have had some changes to their team and are looking very promising coming into Round 3. Despite coming off 2 tough losses, they will have the home advantage over SHORE at 'death star'.

Simon.

The Front Rower

Sydney Middleton (9)
I'm gonna need a confirmation on this, but word has it Finnlay Bartlett returned to light training this afternoon, only to re-injure himself further. Great young talent but overconfidence may be the downfall of the youngster. Last I heard was +18 months out after this unfortunate re-occurence.
He did return to light training and no he didn't injure himself!

Status
Not open for further replies.