• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aagpsglory

Allen Oxlade (6)
My predicted GPS 1st XV:

1: Hamish Grover (View)
2: L. Ata (New)
3: E. Langi (Kings)
4: J. Veiru (New)
5: A. Greer (Joeys)
6: P. Young (Joeys)
7: B. Noble (View)
8: L. Sullivan (View) / T. Brial (Scots)
9: H. Sharples (Joeys) / H. Curl (View)
10: J. Dillion (View)
11: H. Tonga (Kings)
12: B. Fakafanua (Kings) / Z. Fitler (Scots) / W. Hayes (View
13: L. Grover (View)
14: T. Hartman (View) / C. McLean (New)
15: N. Newton (View) / Tom Klem (Shore)

Lots of View boys in there but with their recent form especially in the backline, can you blame me? Their Chemistry together adds another level as well as their fitness.

Although Hwi is amazing, Curl has been playing great for View and will add a good challenge for selectors to choose between the two.

Please feel welcome to ask any questions about my decision's.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
My predicted GPS 1st XV
  1. H. Grover (View)
  2. L. Ata (New)
  3. E. Langi (Kings)
  4. J. Veiru (New)
  5. E. Baxter (Shore)
  6. P. Young (Joeys)
  7. A. Durbige (King’s)
  8. T. Brial (Scots)
  9. H. Sharples (Joeys)
  10. J. Dillon (View)
  11. H. Tonga (Kings)
  12. B. Fakafanua (Kings)
  13. L. Jaques (Scots)
  14. C. Mclean (New)
  15. T. Klem (Shore)
Good effort.

Few that will go close will have to be Rodwell 15 (N) Park 2 (K)

That's why we have the GPS 2nds... Has a lot less impact than you think on NSW and higher selections if your not picked in GPS 1sts.

InsiderScoop

Sydney Middleton (9)
My predicted GPS 1st XV:

1: Hamish Grover (View)
2: L. Ata (New)
3: E. Langi (Kings)
4: J. Veiru (New)
5: A. Greer (Joeys)
6: P. Young (Joeys)
7: B. Noble (View)
8: L. Sullivan (View) / T. Brial (Scots)
9: H. Sharples (Joeys) / H. Curl (View)
10: J. Dillion (View)
11: H. Tonga (Kings)
12: B. Fakafanua (Kings) / Z. Fitler (Scots) / W. Hayes (View
13: L. Grover (View)
14: T. Hartman (View) / C. McLean (New)
15: N. Newton (View) / Tom Klem (Shore)

Lots of View boys in there but with their recent form especially in the backline, can you blame me? Their Chemistry together adds another level as well as their fitness.

Although Hwi is amazing, Curl has been playing great for View and will add a good challenge for selectors to choose between the two.

Please feel welcome to ask any questions about my decision's.
Can Park play tight head? Or Lipina Ata? You could move Edwin to 2row.

For the back row and backs, there is so much talent that if they picked on form obviously the GPS sides would consist of more players in winning sides, but with all the big names I guess they will tend to share it around.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
A great example of Jack Bowen (OR2021). Played GPS 2nds now playing first grade for Easts and debuted for the Waratahs.
Selectors know and have seen it happen forever. It's one of the most condensed school boy talent pools you'll find anywhere in Rugby. Just look at the 7s running around. Le Maitre, Noble, Durbidge and Young could all be in the GPS 1sts and would deserve it.

The Front Rower

Sydney Middleton (9)

For the back row and backs, there is so much talent that if they picked on form obviously the GPS sides would consist of more players in winning sides, but with all the big names I guess they will tend to share it around.
I think for higher honours you have to consider Edwin Langi as a prop not Lock Plenty of talent all round.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
I initially thought they could play BOTH games at HH … but I doubt View would support that …

So Could they not play the game at a neutral GPS oval that’s not being used that weekend? .. That way keeping the school atmosphere somewhat intact …
why stop there, let's have magic round at HH (best surface, best viewing over all, best bbq and best after match amenities). Imagine the chaos!

Snowy Mountains

Frank Nicholson (4)

Langi with his versatility has to play 1 or 3. Just adds mobility and ball skill that not many other props have. Lipina, excellent thrower and has impact bending the d line, can add weight to the pack. No talk on the Scots #2? is he not in consideration?

SDisciple

Frank Row (1)
I didn't say it was invalid I was saying the discussion of the increase in price by a canteen clearly put together by chatgpt by a schoolboy is invalid
It looked pretty valid to me, the reasoning presented shows the probable cause for the increase in price for those specific menu items mentioned.

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
Good effort.

That's why we have the GPS 2nds... Has a lot less impact than you think on NSW and higher selections if your not picked in GPS 1sts.
Solid team. Depending on second rowers mobility and ball carrying you could see a smokey at #6 unless they want to play two #7's.
GPS 1 v GPS 2 will be worth the price of entry

SDisciple

Frank Row (1)
As I said at the start that these selections are still very much in the air and anything can happen. But these are just some of the team's predictions towards a possible/probables GPS 1st XV team.
Just curious as to why i haven't seen Luke Maroun mentioned in anything. Is he not as good as he was in the past?

Lepale

Frank Nicholson (4)
Good effort.

if your trying to refer to me you must be a parent unhappy his child isn’t spoken enough.

I’ve given my opnion it would be nice to here yours
Not you

putitthroughthehands

Herbert Moran (7)
Selectors know and have seen it happen forever. It's one of the most condensed school boy talent pools you'll find anywhere in Rugby. Just look at the 7s running around. Le Maitre, Noble, Durbidge and Young could all be in the GPS 1sts and would deserve it.
What criteria do you think selectors use in order to come to terms with their decisions when, as you said, there are so many deserving players in such a heavily contested position like the back row?

Status
Not open for further replies.